It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind over Electronics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So a few years ago I was in this laundry mat. I was using one of the two pay-per-minute computers that were available there for the public while I waited for my clothes to wash. I was having a hard time with someone over the internet who sent me some pretty nasty messages in reference to personal matters that I won't mention the details of here. Well, what I had read in the private message sent me into a rage. I'm not the most excitable of people either, in fact, I'm normally fairly calm and agreeable. I was pissed to say the least. So much so that I pointed my finger at the screen with fury and snapped my sharp tongue at the screen with some harsh growling words that would have seen appropriate coming off the lips of a monster. Others in the laundry mat, mostly Mexican, saw me get all riled up. The thing is, at the very moment I went mad and pointed at the screen, the computer went zap, the monitor went black. The whole computer system shut down. Both computers. But that wasn't all, either.

Next to the two pay-per-minute computers were two arcade machines. The one on the left was a 4-in-1 arcade with various dated games from the early 1990s. The second machine was Galactica. So. I went out for a smoke, cooling down from the fit I'd had and thought about the computer shutting down. I was like, "Really, do I have super mind power now?" It was a trip. When I was done with my cigarette I went back inside then eventually found my way to the Galactica arcade machine. I put a quarter in then started to play. Well, as I would play the game that only consists of a joystick and a button (move and shoot) when the action would get intense I would sort of lean my head at the screen as if getting closer to the screen would improve my playing. (natural reaction) Everytime I would do that the image on the screen would warp into itself, like the gamescreen sort of shrunk for a second. It was like the screen would zoom out a notch and warp.

Those aren't the only anomalies that I've experienced with electronics and my apparent ability to affect them with my brain (and a little bit of exertion of energy) but that was the one incident I've had that pretty much overshadows them all.

Anyone got any ideas about this?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Stay away from transfer stations? You could bring the whole power grid down!

I think I'd be testing it out on other electronics, if it was me. Like red lights! lol

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

Are you talking about Galaga and not "Galactica"? I ask because it's not really something that comes up often but right when I was still reading about you using the computer, my daughter asked me if it was okay to play Galaga as it was part of my Namco Museum. She has never played it before nor seen it. I said yes and then I read the rest of your story and was like "hmmm...".

Just a bit of synchronicity for you.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Everyone's eyes emit energy. To understand how it would feel to manipulate energy. i want you to try something, find an object that is significantly warmer than your body temperature. We all know what hot feels like, but have you ever really felt hot? How it travels and disperses into your body via blood vessels and from one tissue membrane to the next. Now imagine if you could manipulate your body to do this at will say like move some heat to one limb. In theory Its very simple people just need to know what the sensation is before they can attempt to recreate it. I for one cannot not do what i describe but i know its possible.

www.news.harvard.edu...

In 1985, the meditation team made a video of monks drying cold, wet sheets with body heat. They also documented monks spending a winter night on a rocky ledge 15,000 feet high in the Himalayas. The sleep-out took place in February on the night of the winter full moon when temperatures reached zero degrees F. Wearing only woolen or cotton shawls, the monks promptly fell asleep on the rocky ledge, They did not huddle together and the video shows no evidence of shivering. They slept until dawn then walked back to their monastery.

More in the link.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I have had that same experience, except I can do it when I am feeling strong.
You can use this to your advantage, try breaking a computer component then reversing the process.
I have revived a few SSDs classified as "broken" (internal defects) by using my 'magnet powers'.
I earned the nickname magneto :
edit on 12/5/2014 by jonthedit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've experienced this type of thing a number of times. The term for it is called technokinesis which is a form of electrokinesis. Electrokinesis is also a form of psychokinesis which is essentially mind over matter. Our bodies are in fact very similar to a biological computer with a nervous system similar to computer electronics so it's no surprise that manipulating electronics is possible, and is most likely the easiest form of psychokinesis.

It usually takes strong concentration, heightened energy or strong emotions but can be controlled by exerting your will over it, although mentally asserting your will over something is very difficult. Some of the things I've done is turn on/off lightbulbs (both streetlights and house/office lights), speed up or slow down a computers loading/copying/downloading time, make my character in a game do things that defy the physics of the game, and other random things like effecting traffic lights, coke machines, office printers and wifi or internet functionality.

I know that's a lot to boast and if you asked me to prove it I wouldn't be able to do it on the spot. It's like you need to be in the right frame of mind/mood or energy level and have an unwavering belief you can do it. It is something I have tried many times to practice and master but I lack the understanding on the mechanics behind it.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I personally experienced a similar phenomenon with electronics. It's common knowledge in the electronics industry that when you work with it long enough, you develop a sort of power...

I worked for a number of years fixing electronic devices and often I could fix a problem just by touching it. We used to call it the touch and it has to do with your attitude when dealing with electronics. Sometimes you just know it's a gremlin and the device just seems to know you mean business.

I haven't been in the industry for years now, but I fixed an AV system just a few months ago to the amazement of the waiting audience. It seems once you acquire it, it doesn't quite go away.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderGetty

I've been fixing computer issues since I was about 6, 20 years ago now. I can't even tell you how often it seems there's a much deeper connection going on between the mind and electronics. I've had many occasions where an issue had been blighting a friends PC for weeks, first time I come over and the issue seems to have resolved its self.

On the other hand, my grandfather (recently passed) had been a mainframe programmer for decades and hardware seemed to hate him. Every computer he'd be around for any extended amount of time would slow down to a snails pace with no apparent issues. Processes all at minimal use, resources at nearly 99% availability, no viruses but the slowest performance you'd ever seen. He also could not wear battery powered watches as the batteries would drain and die in a matter of days. No one ever had a real explanation for it, it sort of just became a family joke.

Now of course, when there's some unknown error occurring say during an OS installation with no apparent cause, there's many different things that could be causing it. Although, I've ran across certain issues that seemed like they absolutely would not resolve if I were frustrated. Almost as if my own mentality during the time could / has effected the outcome of a repair. I have nothing to prove any of it but it's something I've certainly considered.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yeah I've had other oddball occurrences with wireless phones, especially the low grade ones, where my actual mood effects the efficiency of 16bit net surfing.

Also automatic electronic such as street lamps that are set on a timer. I've seen other people randomly turn those street lights on and off as they walk beneath them as I have done.

originally posted by: Eonnn
I've experienced this type of thing a number of times. The term for it is called technokinesis which is a form of electrokinesis. Electrokinesis is also a form of psychokinesis which is essentially mind over matter. Our bodies are in fact very similar to a biological computer with a nervous system similar to computer electronics so it's no surprise that manipulating electronics is possible, and is most likely the easiest form of psychokinesis.

I wonder how far you can actually take this 6th sense and what could be feasible under this skill.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I have heard about such people for years. am always fascinated by the possibility of learning or teaching this.
Although, in everyday life it may be more useful to be able to direct such an ability instead of simply wrecking machinery.

What exactly happens in you, what do you experience before you have an effect of stopping machines etc.? All I gathered was that you were angry or frustrated before, but that is a vague word about a lengthy internal process. Do you see some internal pictures, do you have feelings of tension or relaxation, heat or cold in certain body parts, or do you feel/see/hear anything outside of your body? Did you have some internal voice (not the disembodied type schizophrenics hear, but the everyday chit-chat or dialogue almost everyone performs in some part of our "conscious and awake" periods.)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kokatsi

The first time I turned off a street light I had been building up to it over the past few weeks mentally trying to control or alter things. I would envisage the outcome I wanted sort of like visualising in my mind what I wanted to occur, then just focus on that visualisation making it stronger, more real, more likely to happen and at the same time willing it to happen, trying to force it to happen using the power of my will.

When I looked at the street light I believed I had the power to turn it off, I even said to myself in my head "I'm going to turn you off". I then visualised the street light in it's off state, trying to imagine what it would look like if the light was turned off. The moment I visualised this a huge surge of willpower flowed through me and in that instant the streetlight turned off.

Ever since then, lights seem to be more susceptable to the influence of my mind, and to the influence of my energy. It takes less effort to turn them off now than my first initial experience but it still is a difficult thing to do. However, I usually find that if I can turn off one streetlight, I can turn off the next few too.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony
I wonder how far you can actually take this 6th sense and what could be feasible under this skill.

It's kind of scary what this power could do at it's maximum potential. Pretty much everything in existance is made up of electromagnetism, and we as humans are biologically electromagnetic. If you could master it you could do things like mind control, telekinesis, manifestation of objects, teleportation, mental EMP's that blackout electronics or even knockout or kill human beings. It would be very much like being in a lucid dream where you have mind over matter and full control over everything.

The moral question then comes into play, even with streetlights I ask myself should I be exerting my will over reality? who am I to go against god's will or the will of others? When you turn off several streetlights in a row you start to question if what you're doing is morally right.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Eonnn

Are you saying that matter is made out of frequencies when you go past the atomic structure of solid existence?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

No, I'm just saying there is a lot of electromagnetism within the universe.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I figure this wasnt worth making my own thread as I have nothing solid enough but i have had multiple instances of things happening to electronics. I at least six to ten times recall talking to friends online and then getting really upset and defensive feeling and then id see them dissapear from being online and id thought they left me but anywhere from ten minutes to a few hours later they would appear and say their internet stopped working. Ive also had my own internet go out at this time sometimes usually its only one or the other. This isnt too odd mine going out as i have not the best isp and goes out randomly sometimes but this perfect timing of failure has been unusual. Im online almost 24/7 so i know of all the times it would go out and stop working so its not going out more than i am aware of so i do see an increase during being very upset. I also had one instance of someone saying they couldnt reply to me on skype from arguing to me because every time they tried it would crash. I should mention i have satellite internet so environmental factors can influence the signal but only electric storms and heavy rain stop it which werent present in most of these happenings.

I also had my laptop blue screen once when i was thinking of something really stressful and focusing on the computer. I forgot the actual error but there was some hard drive malfunction if i remember right. This may have been caused by higher heat but i was told thats not necisarily a cause. I was able to restart just fine.

This just a strange coincidence? There are other things i shrugged off enough i dont recall them but its hard for me to ignore something preventing me from saying something harsh to someone else or them say to me.

Unlike some of the other people posting who work with computers some how. I do not really have an in depth knowledge of them. Howeveer i for over five years have been online constantly and its been my main source of communication sadly.

edit on 25-7-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony

Anyone got any ideas about this?

I assume you are dealing with old CRT monitors and the two old arcade machines are also CRT monitors.

Because it's impossible to warp the images on an LCD/LED monitor even under strong electromagnetic pulses.

Ironically, CRT monitors, can be notoriously sensitive to electric field disturbances (which can easily be caused by any person under certain situations at close proximity). The old/misused/abused ones are especially quite sensitive and will sometimes shut itself down just by being close to it.

What's more. A CRT monitor shutting down is capable of generating a powerful electromagnetic pulse. You can literally feel it even farther away in very dry weather and it can disrupt other CRT monitors and shutdown equipment.

You could have a built up of electrostatic field that day or you are electrically grounded.

And old abused/misused computers with loose motherboard wiring are also notorious for random malfunctions and especially sensitive to any kind of motion or vibration or being tapped.

It can be difficult to tell if it's paranormal if you're dealing with CRT monitors and public computers because most cases have plain and simple scientific reasons.

I used to be a computer technician (and I am still from time to time). Experienced all sorts of weird stuff. MOst of the time, lose wiring is the culprit.

However I can't deny the fact that things have higher chances of malfunctioning (if they have existing problems) when you are in a negative state of emotion. It has happened to me many times already even with cars (which I also diagnosed to be due to lose wiring/too much moisture in the electronics. I mod/repair my own car that's why I also know a bit of automotive - grown tired of getting car to shop when I realized I could do a better job and a lot cheaper to do it yourself.

Having an absolutely positive attitude helps to improve reliability of machines around you. Despite my best efforts at repairing my own stuff, I realize we have an almost mystical connection to things around us. Fear, nervousness, frustration, worries, anger can also affect our machines badly even if we don't thrash them.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eonnn

The first time I turned off a street light I had been building up to it over the past few weeks mentally trying to control or alter things. I would envisage the outcome I wanted sort of like visualising in my mind what I wanted to occur, then just focus on that visualisation making it stronger, more real, more likely to happen and at the same time willing it to happen, trying to force it to happen using the power of my will.

When I looked at the street light I believed I had the power to turn it off, I even said to myself in my head "I'm going to turn you off". I then visualised the street light in it's off state, trying to imagine what it would look like if the light was turned off. The moment I visualised this a huge surge of willpower flowed through me and in that instant the streetlight turned off.

Ever since then, lights seem to be more susceptable to the influence of my mind, and to the influence of my energy. It takes less effort to turn them off now than my first initial experience but it still is a difficult thing to do. However, I usually find that if I can turn off one streetlight, I can turn off the next few too.

Thank you!
This has a lot of info.
One surprise to me in this microstrategy is that you actually say a command in your mind before doing something nonverbally.
The surge of will - if you recall, between the visualizations, does it come in your midsection?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Actually LED monitors blow out pretty easily. I know because ive had one hit before and it destroys it leaving a strange fractal pattern.

Interesting thing with CRTs is they seem to build a lot of static eectricity so its possible to have a shock off a finger tip.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Sorry for the necro post, would like more discussion on this.

Kokatsi if I recall correctly the surge of will came from within my mind, or within my head. It was more like a top-down sensation than a bottom-up sensation. If anything it may have come from above my head (8th chakra). I've read the chinese theory which says that when your chi and shen match up you can do these things if that's what your referring to. Chi is the life energy stored in your dantien (stomach/solar plexus) and shen/chen is your minds mental will/energy. It kind of makes sense because you can try to will something to happen but often it will not work because its lacking the emotional (chi) power to it. I wonder if pranayama would help or some other chi-building exercise.

I turned off about 10 street lights in a row driving home from martial arts one time. Guess what I was doing at martial arts? chi-kung, kung fu and tai chi. I don't practice martial arts anymore but I'm still getting these unintentional experiences of making lights turn off or flicker. In particular it's happened a number of times at work now where I have dimmed the lights for a few seconds, most likely attributed to tension/stress. It builds up then just releases at a peak moment. I really wish I could master this thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MConnalley
Everyone's eyes emit energy. To understand how it would feel to manipulate energy. i want you to try something, find an object that is significantly warmer than your body temperature. We all know what hot feels like, but have you ever really felt hot? How it travels and disperses into your body via blood vessels and from one tissue membrane to the next. Now imagine if you could manipulate your body to do this at will say like move some heat to one limb. In theory Its very simple people just need to know what the sensation is before they can attempt to recreate it. I for one cannot not do what i describe but i know its possible.

www.news.harvard.edu...

In 1985, the meditation team made a video of monks drying cold, wet sheets with body heat. They also documented monks spending a winter night on a rocky ledge 15,000 feet high in the Himalayas. The sleep-out took place in February on the night of the winter full moon when temperatures reached zero degrees F. Wearing only woolen or cotton shawls, the monks promptly fell asleep on the rocky ledge, They did not huddle together and the video shows no evidence of shivering. They slept until dawn then walked back to their monastery.

More in the link.

I work in a Restaurant and I know exactly what you are talking about. I have Burnt myself more than a few times and in response i have developed a trick where if i know something is Hot i tell my Brain to not think of anything and thus I am able to touch an object were normally I would burn myself for a few minutes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join