It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chibok: American Marines locate abducted girls in Sambisa forest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

There were indications yesterday that the 230 female students abducted by Boko Haram terrorists from the Government Girls’ Secondary School, GGSS, Chibok, Borno State, have been sited at the Sambisa Forest in Borno State, by the Special Forces of the United States Marines.

Reports are starting to come in the the Missing children being held by the Islamist extremist group, Boko Haram have been found and rescued by Marines.

The sources told Saturday Vanguard in Abuja that members of the United States Marines who are already in Maiduguri following the promise by President Barak Obama to assist Nigeria in rescuing the abducted girls, located the girls inside the forest, using some Satellite equipment which combed the forest, located an assembly of the young girls and sent the images back to the Marines on ground in Maiduguri.

Aside locating the whereabouts of the girls in the dense forest, it was also, further gathered that one of the leaders of terrorist group who participated in the abduction of the girls was arrested by a combined team of the US Marines and Nigerian forces.

Sources said that the Boko Haram leader was arrested, through an advanced interceptor equipment which was used to track the terrorist while exchanging information with his colleagues in Sambisa Forest about the movements of American and Nigerian soldiers in Maiduguri.

The leader was reportedly also apprehended, looking for other sources to verify atm

Chibok: American Marines locate abducted girls in Sambisa forest

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
These amateurs are clearly out classed.

I hope this is true....The Marines are awesome along with their partners.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Amazin int it....after all this time...the first thing they do.....send in the marines....!!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
the real question to me is why show their hand and the capabilities of marines like this? isnt it embarrassing that it only took a few days when the situation was being taken very serious and we are in a mire of bureaucratic nonsense EVERYWHERE else.

is it on purpose that every other confrontation we stick our nose into gets us mired down in a whole mess of money pits and bad press?

just think if team america bad ass marines went out and handled some of these situations like the iraq and afghan wars a little more like this situation how MUCH BETTER our economy would be and the worlds perception of us certainly would be higher.

idk I'm very very stoked for the marines and their capabilities and how it was put to use in this situation I'm just very confused as to why it took a group of girls being kidnapped for us to finally show our True colors.

are we trying not to seem too strong to the rest of the world? rope a doping so to say? china thinks they are gonna get the first mountain and they end up with marine recon 1 calling in air strikes in their colons? make russia think we are a buncha reservist punks when in reality we keep the real killers in the basement?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Let's hope they've really found them and saved them.

+2 more 
posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Would it be frowned upon to say "GO USA!"..?

Well, I just did. Good on you marines. Making us proud!

GO USA!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why?

Why would anyone make that info publicly available?

"Hey bad guys with hostages, guess what, now we know where you are, so we might be coming for you."

Now how can that be a good idea?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Well, if you hadn't I was going to...

GO USA!

There is nothing negative I can see in a story about innocent children being rescued from a man who stated the intent to sell them.

Go Marine Corps!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
Why?

Why would anyone make that info publicly available?

"Hey bad guys with hostages, guess what, now we know where you are, so we might be coming for you."

Now how can that be a good idea?

have you not been watching over the last 15 years? we say all kinds of stuff to scare the bad guy, hell we even come do all kinds of scary things TO EVERYONE BUT THE BADGUY most of the time...

if they are able to instantly respond and resolve a situation like this because THE WHOLE WORLD wanted it resolved why are we being mired down in the middle east?

puff daddy holds up a sign denouncing the cartels do the marines go clean up mexico in a week? idk i just dont get why it took the whole world whining to get us to actually do something. we've always had these capabilities AND MANY MORE. why couldn't we of taken out saddam in a quick campaign. why when we went into IRAQ were the recon marines so POORLY geared out in broken down antique trucks and 1 night scope for every 4-5 guys? no armor. no air. these boys had slingshots on the front lines basically..... almost like someone wanted to slow them down a bit... make the war really drag on....

I'm working on a thread right now that will showcase this idea a little bit more in detail and hopefully answer some of my questions as to why we dont support the marines as much as they should be as compared to the other forces. it to me seems absolutely asinine how we handle alot of the things we do. this situation not so much, seems like it was handled right.

now my question again is what makes this situation so special? what makes this point in time so special that they decided to let the cat out of the bag? a little posturing towards Russia?

it all just seems very out of character and different, something is definitely different, what that something is i have no idea.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
United States Marine Corp.

I salute you,!

well done.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
My guess would be Force Recon. Those are Marines amongst the Marines. Badass doesn't begin to cover it.

Well done, Marines.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I hope that this is true.
But I don't see anything regarding a rescue in any news feeds.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If this is true, the US Marines turned into quite the hero's in my eyes. Good job.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
My guess would be Force Recon. Those are Marines amongst the Marines. Badass doesn't begin to cover it.

Well done, Marines.

these are the guys I'm talking about in the iraq situation. check out the generation kill book or HBO series for a little dramatic interpretation of what it was like over there. recon marines dont #$%^ around lol.

in reality I'm not sure there isnt a situation that the marines couldn't handle at a much lower cost to the tax payer then the current system we got in place. we are spending insane amounts of money to get very few results beyond the whole world hating us.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm not either. I surely do hope this isn't a hoax... If it is, someone desperately needs a beat down...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
DELETED LINK - its a parrot of the OP.

idk if intel is being held back for security reasons? or if the OP article jumped the gun a bit on what "located" means? idk so far I'm not finding much anywhere either.

someone check pdiddy's instagram lol
edit on 10-5-2014 by mindseye1609 because: DELETED LINK

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well clearly Obama planned all this from the start!

Kidding, but we'll see the crazy theories start to rise very soon after the details start to come in.

If this is accurate, good job. IMO this is PROPER use of military forces in the 21st century.

Specific mission, short time frames, get in deal with it, get out.

~Tenth

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl I, along with everyone else, hope this story is true. Just seems that, if it was true, the POTUS would be on National TV saying what a great job he did. So far, not a peep from him or the MSM.

Again, hope it's true...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

May be waiting for onsight confirmation? Or perhaps not wanting to compromise intelligence assets in that part of Africa?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Amazing! Even before any actual research is made to attribute fact to the article, we already have American posters congratulating American marines for a job well done!

How about we all wait until the information is absolutely confirmed before we start patting our own compatriots on the back. It is, after all, an 'inter-agency' effort! According to some British media, the real 'search' is being conducted by the best 'special forces' in the world, ideally trained for this sort of rescue...and that is the SAS and SBS.

Again, we have take what is spoon fed us through the media with a pinch of salt. Goodluck Johnathan is a hell of a lot of trees short of a full jungle, having had ample time to secure the schools before Boko Haram attacked and kidnapped the girls, but the army did not fancy the fight, and then did nothing for weeks until Nigerian people kicked up a fuss. So, Johnathan will now milk this for all it's worth. The article is bull#!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join