It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When You Don't Vaccinate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Pakistan was close to eradicating polio 10 years ago. But conspiracy theories, a Taliban ascendancy and drive-by shootings of polio workers have reversed the gains.

Pakistan is one of three countries where polio is endemic and the WHO recently issued a grave warning about the resurgent threat of the polio virus. Part of the reason is precisely the inability of Pakistan to immunise some of its children in the most vulnerable areas.

The violence is relentless and the source is ultimately the Taliban's conspiracy theories about the polio vaccine. As the death toll of the health workers rises, so does the incidence of polio.

In the four months since January, Pakistan has reported 59 new cases of polio, an all-time high for this generally low-transmission season. Of these, 42 cases have been reported from the tribal area of North Waziristan alone.

Read the Article

I am old enough to remember when polio was still a problem in my country. At my school, there were boys who wore braces on their wasted limbs. They were the lucky ones, of course; the unlucky ones were in iron lungs, or had died.

As far as I know, there is no longer any polio in my country. The thought that it may return, spread from Pakistan (which is in roughly the same region, with lots of trade and people going back and forth) is terrifying. And the thought that it could happen because of a bunch of conspiracy-theory-spreading religious boneheads with guns makes me furious.

But what is equally terrifying is the headway the Western anti-vaccine lobby is making among ill-informed people in America and other countries. People who won't vaccinate become a reservoir of infection in which disease can survive and proliferate for generations. These people are playing with fire. It is time for good sense to prevail; let those who understand the importance of vaccination start making their own voices heard!

edit on 10/5/14 by Astyanax because: of geographical issues.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

What Happens When You Don't Vaccinate

You stay healthy!

People who won't vaccinate become a reservoir of infection in which disease can survive and proliferate for generations.
Are you talking specifically about polio, or is that aimed at ALL vaccines? because for MOST diseases people develop natural immunity that spreads through their families!
edit on 10-5-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So far, 32 years of life, nothing has happened. Probably helps I don't live in an antcolony city.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

"Conspiracy theories" is absolutely correct.

Some group, probably "religious" leaders had warned people not to take Western vaccines (cant find the article), saying that they were poisonous.

The vaccine isnt necessary.

Polio is a virus that is spread via the "fecal-oral route". The reasons why polio is still alive and well in 3rd World countries like Pakistan is because of their poor hygiene and unsanitary conditions.

And taking into consideration the conspiratorial aspect, some believe that these diseases are intentionally introduced into these regions to then promote the use of vaccines: "see what happens when you dont get vaccinated".

edit on 10-5-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What happens.. Mother nature finds a way to wipe us out of her surface.. if not all but many.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

You stay healthy!

Or you die or end up maimed by a easily preventable infectious disease!

Fine avoid your flu shots and HPV vaccines, it likley wont hurt you.

But get your measles, get your polio, get your tetanus, get your meningitis and please please please get your TB!

There is no Pharma conspiracy or woo woo wacky BS the ones I listed SAVE LIFE'S !

Letting your children die of these infections is no different to the unwashed masses letting there kids die in medieval times of easy preventable illnesses due to silly superstitions!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
according to the university of Hawaii at 262 million people killed
Government is the biggest killer of the twentieth century
can we vaccinate against that?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Some vaccines are beneficial, like the polio vaccine and some of the other ones that cause really bad diseases. Others are not needed. The adenovirus vaccine was an example of that, a vaccine that was not that critically needed was made for it and they had bad luck with the implementation of using it in a trial. The Vaccine was banned.

Risk assessment should always be used when allowing vaccines. This is not properly done. It seems that the interpretation of evidence is not being done right. They denied that people can get sick from the flu vaccine for many years, the cykotine storm probably killed many people. If you have a bad reaction to a vaccine, it is usually our immune system that is attacking the chemicals created by the virus, triggering an immune response. But which one is it reacting to? They combine some things, you may only have immunity to half of them. But the reaction can put you in a hospital. Some people have immunity all ready, they get it for life when getting the disease. Others don't.

I won't get the pertussis part of the dtap anymore, I will only get the DT next time, that might be better than having a reaction for a month. I will never get another flu shot, I have never been as sick as I was from a flu shot.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I will never get another flu shot, I have never been as sick as I was from a flu shot. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ditto.

Recently I was asked on a job application if I would take a flu shot, and I said "no." Told my pharmacist last fall, when she asked about it, "no." I told her I got sick last time....she said "Well, I guess there's no changing your mind, then."

And again, I said, "no."

I did, however, have the battery of vaccines as a baby (born 1958), but then they didn't have chicken pox vaccine. I did get chicken pox (so did my bros)...and now I have to anticipate possible 'shingles'. But, oh well. My mom was a kid during the polio vaccine campaign in the 40s, remembers lining up in school to get the shot. I don't remember getting mine, but I'm glad I did.

also, to Astyanax:

Does your country have better hygiene than India and Pakistan? (India has more cell phones than toilets, and public defecation is still quite common, as I understand it. My daughter went there for a fellowship in college, and said she was advised to have her own toilet paper.
The eating with the hands, and post-toilet activities seem very backward to me. Is this true, or propaganda?)

edit on 5/10/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

those bloody taliban again, eh?

/offtopic?
can you sleuth out why the system asserts baby formula trumps breast milk, yet allows a UK store to peddle ice-cream made from breast milk?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Bill Gates has been filmed saying that vaccines will help with depopulation.

edit on 10-5-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Does your country have better hygiene than India and Pakistan? (India has more cell phones than toilets, and public defecation is still quite common, as I understand it. My daughter went there for a fellowship in college, and said she was advised to have her own toilet paper.
The eating with the hands, and post-toilet activities seem very backward to me. Is this true, or propaganda?)

The region of Pakistan where the polio outbreak, of around 59 people, is highly contested territory around the primary water source that feeds into India and Pakistan.

OP was right in saying that there could be some sort of conspiracy in the area. To sicken the locals there and create unrest is a common border tactic, but the the lifestyle of the locals is nothing similar to what one finds in the west. The northern border between the two countries is like the demilitarized zone between North and South Korea.

Scary stuff out there, and they are often supplied vaccines by companies who are not WHO certified.

-FBB

EDIT
Also polio outbreaks have very often occurred around wars. The region is wet, the hygiene is poor, and foreigners from all over interact there. It is like they are trying to catch diseases.
edit on 10-5-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

People are still misinterpreting this clip? It's a fact that as quality of healthcare increases birth rates decrease. That's all he's saying.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It is good to investigate what vaccines are, how they are made and the risks - rather than just following blindly.
Some interesting reading:
vactruth.com...

The story you’re about to hear involves a pharmaceutical company which used monkeys to make polio vaccine, government health agencies responsible for making sure the vaccine was not contaminated with monkey viruses, and individuals who are now dying from cancerous tumors that contain a monkey virus which appears to have contaminated that polio vaccine. At the heart of this story is a violation of the public trust and the informed consent ethic.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I agree. And who is that youngster making these claims about Gates??
I think we (as in: humanity) do need to improve hygiene and birth control in those regions. As well as education.

edit on 5/10/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Does your country have better hygiene than India and Pakistan?

Not perfect, but much, much better than those countries. Really, even the suggestion that they could be compared is a bit disturbing to me, though I understand why you're asking.

The dietary and personal-hygiene customs you speak of are common to most of the poor world. They are followed throughout South Asia. But toilet paper is no great promoter of hygience. Soap and water are what get rid of E. coli contamination. Obviously it is never a good idea to handle faecal matter, but don't forget (this Mother's Day) that it's something all mothers must cope with sooner or later.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

Possibly because 'the system', whatever that means, doesn't claim that 'baby formula' (you're American, aren't you?) trumps breast milk.

Forty years ago

Now

Times have changed, Rip.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yes. Because when people have a reasonable expectation that their children will survive beyond infancy, they have fewer of them.

By the way, it's called 'population control', not 'depopulation'. And it is a good thing.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Using flu vaccine to smear other vaccine like DPPT is not an educated move there, for those who are trying.

I dont doubt 90% on this thread are hypocrites and got a vaccine when they were infants.
edit on 5/10/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
Yes. Because when people have a reasonable expectation that their children will survive beyond infancy, they have fewer of them.

Are you saying that Africans will stop having sex if they think their babies won't die? Or will they use birth control from the pharmaceutical companies or will they buy condoms?
edit on 10-5-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join