It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help a video tape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hey all sorry this topic is short and sweet but I need help converting this tape (see pics below) to a format like a DVD or cd or even to put on to a format I can use for a PC. Maybe someone can provide a company that deals with these things. The tape is from 1993 of an air show that I want to be able to put on the net

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker
Do you have a player for it?
If you do this is the cheapest way to do it tv tuner
edit on 5/9/2014 by catt3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
All I can think of is something like this tape converter.

premium.aliexpress.com... ype=GBP&af=ppc&isdl=y&Google&albch=Google&albcp=Search_Search-ALL-PLA&albkw=None_Shopping-Search-Product-AliExpress_none_none&albag=home_none_Search-S earch-All-PLA-UK_1013999999988&albmt=broad&albst=search-text&albom=OTHERS_None_20130807_Aliexpress&creative=45157588921&ptsid=1013999999988&gclid=CNel oo-Jn74CFZShtAodnRgA6w

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Like the first response says, your cheapest way is gonna be to get a capture card for around 70$ and a player that will work for your TV. Alternatively you could send it off to have it done but I would bet it will cost you around the same if not more as well as it being a one shot deal. If you buy the capture card you can do this yourself in the future as well.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I haven't a clue where to start but you guys are giving me some options thanks for the help

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Here are some options for ya Options

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Cheers thanks mate. I'm looking at local businesses in my area to see if I can get it done by someone I can see me screwing up somewhere.

Apologies for the thread I know it's nothing spectacular I was sitting in hospital and thought I'd the ask the ats community

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It's so much easier than you would think. Basically the device I linked plugs into your computer and interfaces with either hdmi, rca, or the likes and then whatever output type into the tv. All that's left is to press recod on your computer and play on your tape player. I guess if you never plan on having to do this again maybe it's not worth buying a capture device but remeber you can record anything on your tv be it movies, tv shows, documentaries, whatever you want...so it might be worth it just for that. Anyway glad I could help.
edit on 9-5-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have an old tv card that does exactly what your hoping to achieve.
I simply plug the output from the source into the tv card. Then I tune the channel to recieve the source. Then I hit the record button.
When its done I have an mpg file that I can burn to dvd/cd.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If you can play it and watch it....run wires from that device youre watching, to a computer-use video software for like family movies...save it. Done.

Im sure you know someone who has inexpensive editing for family stuff. Family? Friends? Neighbors?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You're all helping cheers
unfortunately one I'm one of these people who use Facebook so I'm asking around if anyone knew videos editing etc or any of my friends into their electronics and technology. But still you've all given me a few options

top topics

join