It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Back...the damned stink bugs are back!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
They are back and they are creeping out of every crevice they found for their creepy exoskeleton shells before the brutally cold winter.

I'm a pretty tolerant human being when it comes to being one with nature and being respectful towards all of this planet's inhabitants.

But, these damn stink bugs are starting to really tick me off!

For some reason, they frickin' love my bedroom...my place of rest and solitude. They particularly have a fondness for the window right above my bed. So, it's not uncommon for me to roll over on one these spawns of Satan in the middle of the night. GROSS!

Well, the final straw for me just happened a few moments ago...

I went to take a drink of water...not paying attention because....why would I think a damn stink bug would be in my glass of water. Yep, gross little turd ended up IN MY MOUTH!

I can't get rid of the smell/taste.

Brushed 3 times and used mouth wash twice. Maybe it's all in my head and I'm still just so disgusted but, YUCK!

I'm so ticked off right now.

These critters need to find their way back to China....real quick.

GROSS!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric
I am going to knock on wood after this, but I haven't seen any of those stinky bastards yet this Spring. I think the extreme and extended cold snaps that we had here in PA was hard on them.

Did you try swishing baking soda and water in your mouth?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

They're Back

Is the sequel as good the original?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I am going to knock on wood after this, but I haven't seen any of those stinky bastards yet this Spring. I think the extreme and extended cold snaps that we had here in PA was hard on them.

Did you try swishing baking soda and water in your mouth?

I didn't swish with baking soda but, a shot of Evan Williams sure did the trick.

You're very lucky, I was hoping for the same thing given the winter we had in Virginia this past winter.

I'm really starting to despise those little "stinky bastards"...the days of vacuuming them up and letting them loose outside...they might be so over considering I almost ingested one.

edit on 8-5-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Misinformation

Nice!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Sorry for your calamity.

Best thread of the day, actually made me smile and I'm sorry about that.

Damn stink bugs!

S&F
edit on 8-5-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
How to get rid of stinkbugs.
How to get rid of stink bugs

In a spray bottle, combine 32 ounces of hot water and three-quarters of a cup of Dawn dishwashing liquid and spray the exterior of your home, concentrating on those cracks, windows and doors. For an extra kick, you can use the anti-bacterial variety, but understand that it contains additional chemicals.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
They eat them in Mexico. If they are properly sauteed, they have a nutty, citrus flavor.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
Sorry for your calamity.

Best thread of the day, actually made me smile and I'm sorry about that.

Damn stink bugs!

S&F

Well, I'm glad I could make you smile.

They are just such a pain in the ass...oh, and they poop on my walls and curtains...little bastards.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
At least all you have are stinky bugs.

Out where I'm at I just killed the first brown recluse of the season in my bathtub this morning. We don't have a heavy infestation, but we have enough in this house that we usually wind up finding and killing at least two to four of them in the upstairs every year in the early months of summer. After that, they more or less stay in the basement, and I'm cool with that.

So, yeah, yours stink, but mine can leave great big suppurating sores on you if they bite.

edit on 8-5-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
How to get rid of stinkbugs.
How to get rid of stink bugs

In a spray bottle, combine 32 ounces of hot water and three-quarters of a cup of Dawn dishwashing liquid and spray the exterior of your home, concentrating on those cracks, windows and doors. For an extra kick, you can use the anti-bacterial variety, but understand that it contains additional chemicals.

hmmm...I wonder if this helps with the ones that are already tucked away...just waiting for the right temperature so they can just come creeping out ofthe woodwork.

Either way, it's totally worth buying a bottle of Dawn.

I have to wonder though...will a bunch of soap bubbles form around the entire exterior of my home the next time it rains?

edit on 8-5-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Hard to imagine me being able to willingly eat one...have you tried them before?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You go ahead and keep your brown recluse spiders and I'll just hang on to my sting bugs.

They stink and they sound like bees when they fly (the sound of which instantly puts me in panic mode) but, at least they are harmless.

My comfort zone with spiders extends to grand daddy long legs. That's as far it goes.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Yeah, I've tried it. Can't say I'm craving seconds. Toasted junebugs taste like cheetos. Scorpions (clip the stingers!) are actually pretty tasty fried up to a crisp in a little hog fat.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
At least all you have are stinky bugs.

Out where I'm at I just killed the first brown recluse of the season in my bathtub this morning. We don't have a heavy infestation, but we have enough in this house that we usually wind up finding and killing at least two to four of them in the upstairs every year in the early months of summer. After that, they more or less stay in the basement, and I'm cool with that.

So, yeah, yours stink, but mine can leave great big suppurating sores on you if they bite.

Wow, yeah, used to have a problem with brown recluses in the garage until I learned to leave the dirt daubers' nest alone. If you see a dirt daubers nest (we call them mud daubers) it means you have spiders and you should let them do their job which is to feed Brown Recluses and Black Widow spiders to their young. Next season they'll probably move somewhere else since they have eaten all of them. It wouldn't work inside your basement but they will clear out the area around the house if their nests outside are left intact. You probably already know this but a lot of people on ATS don't, thought I'd post it.

As for stink bugs, aaaargh….. they attack my tomatoes every year!!!

STM

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
OMG... I just posted an ode to sink bugs myself! They started coming in like gangbusters last week. I can't tell you how many times I have gone to pick something up and grabbed one, and like you.... I have tried to take a sip of something and there it was. It didn't wind up in my mouth, but it did touch it. The mess I made dropping the drink when I noticed pissed me off enough to consider burning the house down just to get revenge.

There's no escaping it!! I absolutely feel your pain.

edit on 5/9/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I read your thread first then this one. All of sudden I keep scratching. LOL
Check out youtube or somewhere online for tips on how to get rid of the buggers.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
OMG... I just posted an ode to sink bugs myself! They started coming in like gangbusters last week. I can't tell you how many times I have gone to pick something up and grabbed one, and like you.... I have tried to take a sip of something and there it was. It didn't wind up in my mouth, but it did touch it. The mess I made dropping the drink when I noticed pissed me off enough to consider burning the house down just to get revenge.

There's no escaping it!! I absolutely feel your pain.

They truly are a pain. Last night was the first time I've experienced them getting into any drinks...so gross.

My brother helped me do yard work yesterday and when he started the weed eater, they scattered from the crevices in the engine like a bunch of damn cock roaches. It was crazy how long that smell stayed in the air afterwards.

Oh well, what do ya do...we're stuck with them.

ETA: Oh my God! I just read your ode and couldn't stop laughing! You are hilarious.

edit on 9-5-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Truth is...they actually never left!! Their all over your house, in your car, their here to take controll of the planet of dumb arse's. I swear these little bastards watch you when your near them. I got a black cat that stabs them in the back...with just one claw & walks away. Damn dead stink bugs with holes in their backs all over the house.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I was gonna say.... hit the whiskey bottle!

Here in NC I'm already starting to see them too. :/

top topics

<<   2 >>

join