It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another fun video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Had a Strike Eagle take out landing lights 90 minutes before Bush landed at Hickam. They're trained to touch down in the first few hundred feet of runway, but sometimes they get a little TOO low.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy
We always called them LAPES packages. Kind of a pain to rig...but a real treat to see them in action. In the late 90's I was the DZ (drop zone) coordinator for a RODEO in 97 or 98 at McChord and Fort Lewis.

Funny story...I was setting up q G-11 cargo chute to provide shade over some bleachers for DV's and a wind storm came, took the chute and bleachers across the DZ and we had to postpone drops for several hours while we cleared an alternate DZ. I'll never forget the lessons learned that day. Salute sharply...and press on.

I guess I should also add that RODEO's are the equivalent of RED FLAG in the heavy world.
edit on 6-7-2014 by hotspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
'another fun video'

almost not so fun...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Oh, looky here, new Fulcrum driver video out......

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wild weather from the flight deck of a 737.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

This video reminds me of the only thing I really love about air travel. Being able to slip the head phones on and listen to music like this. Take off from SeaTac in the drizzling rain, then break through the cloud deck into the sun.
It's like the oppressive hand of life suddenly releases you to the ethereal freedom of the sky and you feel like your a part of something bigger.

Thanks for the video....even if you did show mine up a little.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Rivet Joint in Qatar:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Just another routine flight in an A340, until there is a nice boring engine shutdown.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

This was an excellent video. This exact situation happened to me on a flight from Seattle to Honolulu. (DC-8 engine oil pressure problem and fuel dump over Western WA) we had just gotten out over the Pacific when the problem occurred. It is nice to be able to see what actually happened in the cockpit that day.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

It always amazes me how calm they are in those situations.

We used to call the IGD the CSD, and it was a pain in the ass.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Okay, tried the youtube link for the first post that didn't work, so I will post it this way...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 1-8-2014 by cardinalfan0596 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It's that time again.

This ones got some old footage we've seen before edited with some new stuff in an artistic way, with music:

foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Another wild one. Precious Metal loses her engine passing pylon 3 during the Reno races, and has to deadstick in.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Damn, engine failure in a steep bank at low altitude...he's lucky he didn't kiss the desert floor on that one.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Take a ride with the RAF in the Eurofighter Typhoon......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Dumbass.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

S^F thanks for the great video.

I was based at Langley when the Airforce first got their F-15s

There were many demo airshows for the brass and dignitaries.

We had just returned from the pentagon and I had a 2 star (who was a friend) and a Army Major on board who hated just about everything that had an airforce logo on it.

As an F-15 was departing Langley the Major started a rant about how many tanks the Army could buy for the cost of one F-15... I listened for a bit and in the true tradition of not giving a crap I finally told him that he was correct on the cost but one F-15 could take-out his 5 battle tanks..

I liked pricking majors who thought they would make Colonel by spouting off about crap they did not know anything about especially if my 2 star was standing next to me laughing and grinning.. The major did not make Colonel and was forced out at 18 years... No military retirement for him which was sad, but it happened to many Majors..

I used to love turn and burn.. Boom and zoom did not do much for the ego but it probably was a smarter way to go..

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

When the first C-5 was delivered to the Air Force, the commander of MAC picked it up, and flew it to its new home. They had the full up ceremony ready. Band was on the ramp, streamers, VIPs, whole nine yards.

The flight was totally uneventful, until landing. On touching down, 16 of the 28 tires blew out. The C-5 can taxi with up to 14 of them blown with no problem. They had to sit on the runway, while maintenance changed a bunch of tires, so they could taxi it in for the ceremony.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I didn't see this one on my first run throughout the thread. Im sure some are familiar.

"Shoot 'Em If You Got "Em"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join