It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Spying on US at an Alarming Level

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Israel spying on us? I don't understand...I thought we were allies. All of the financial and logistical support we (US) give to them every year and this is the payback? Oh well, I suppose it's as the old saying goes: Politics makes strange bedfellows

Politics makes Strange bedfellows

Washington (AFP) - Israel spies on the United States more than any other ally does and these activities have reached an alarming level, Newsweek magazine reported on Tuesday. The main targets are US industrial and technical secrets, the weekly said, quoting classified briefings on legislation that would make it easier for Israeli citizens to get visas to enter America. Newsweek said a congressional staffer familiar with a briefing last January called the testimony "very sobering ... alarming ... even terrifying", and quoted another as saying the behavior was "damaging."

This development throws my ideology(ies) about allies on the world stage into question. What says ATS?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Nation states spy on each other, Especially allies, its easier than spying on the enemy.

I mean really, the US is giving away money for Tit for tat, not because we are best buds.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer it would seem.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This is nothing new. And you would be surprised at how many people act like it's nothing because it is Israel doing it. Most of the time when a spy for Israel is caught nothing is done about it and you rarely hear about it on the news. They are doing the right thing in denying Israel to be accepted in the visa waiver program because if it were allowed it would open the floodgates for Mossad agents to come into this country to recruit more spies.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

The Zionists keep America on a short leash. Its always been that way and always will be as long as the Rothschilds are still in the banking business.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Keep friends close and keep enemies even closer.

If israelities have increased spying in US, there must be some reason, one of the reasons might be terrorist friendly goverment.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Is it really spying? All-most all new technologies America has end up in Israel soon after being unveiled.
America can't be seen to be out-right handing over $ billions of research for free, so they found a different way.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wouldn't you want to be kept abreast of the happenings with your investment? They own our media, banking and most big industry. They have to protect their investments.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Not to cast too long a shadow on this subject, but this is, "reportedly", how Israel got the basis for their nuclear program.
It has been said J F K was very upset when he found out they had actually "gotten hold" of nuclear material for the U S stock piles and this was in the earley 1960's.
This is also, "supposedly" , how they built their first nuclear bombs which they still don't have .

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Israel spying on us? I don't understand...I thought we were allies.

How does it feel?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Last I checked, everybody spies on everybody else. For that matter, we even spy on ourselves. It's funny to me how so many people find it shocking and unacceptable when these things come to light. It's been going on forever, and will continue to go on as long as there are people.

You can't take this activity personally or you'll go nuts. The thing is, countries/nations are not friends. They maintain alliances when it's mutually beneficial; kind of a symbiotic relationship. However, it's strictly business and can change overnight. Just because an allie provides certain resources, technology, money or whatever doesn't make them friends.

It's basically a dog-eat-dog world, and no one can be trusted. Sad, but true...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Keep friends close and keep enemies even closer.

If israelities have increased spying in US, there must be some reason, one of the reasons might be terrorist friendly goverment.

Another reason is to steal our technology and to sell our secrets on the open market. Like when they gave the info Pollard stole to Russia that led to the deaths of our people that were undercover. But you are right we are friendly with Israel so we do have a terrorist friendly government.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Tsk tsk….

ANTI-SEMITIC topic…!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: amkia

I have read all the replies so far and have not once seen anything mentioning anyone of semitic, or arabic, decent.
I guess if we were talking about the Vatican spies you would automaticlly say we hated Catholics.

Oh wel, have it your way. I'm an ANTI- SEMITE!!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander

I have read all the replies so far and have not once seen anything mentioning anyone of semitic, or arabic, decent.
I guess if we were talking about the Vatican spies you would automaticlly say we hated Catholics.

Popular ADL stamp as anyone says anything against Israel is to be known as anti-Semite. My apologies that I forgot to mark my post as (sarcasm).

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: amkia

originally posted by: teamcommander

Popular ADL stamp as anyone says anything against Israel is to be known as anti-Semite. My apologies that I forgot to mark my post as (sarcasm).

Actually, I took it as making a good point.
Some times people have, or are given reasons, for the attitudes they have about others.
The depth of deceptions to which some countries have been involved, should give us reasons to pass such judgements on them.

(post by RichTaylor removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
This is nothing new. And you would be surprised at how many people act like it's nothing because it is Israel doing it. Most of the time when a spy for Israel is caught nothing is done about it and you rarely hear about it on the news. They are doing the right thing in denying Israel to be accepted in the visa waiver program because if it were allowed it would open the floodgates for Mossad agents to come into this country to recruit more spies.

I would agree that the US should not allow a free pass to anyone from Israel, we should not allow a free pass to anyone from a foreign country. It is suspected that Israel knew about the 911 attack in advance and they did not warn us, I doubt they have our best interest at heart. Israel only cares about Israel, as they should, the US needs the same attitude in return. The only reason Israel is our Ally is because we give them military technology in a region where all countries hate the US., it is a strategic interest for the US to support them militarily, at least that has been the policy.

Israel is increasing the spying effort on the US because they do not trust the current administration to continue to support them, they are worried. If the US refused to support Israel in the Mideast they wouldn't stand a chance of survival long term, they would be attacked by everyone in the region. I'm sure they would put up a good fight but it the end they would be doomed. I am not against the people of Israel, they are human just like the rest of us, I cant imagine living in constant fear of attack from their enemies. The world is becoming a real crappy place, I hope everyone in power pulls their heads out of their arse soon before all humanity suffers.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

edit on 7-5-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: Unst!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Have you all forgotten the recent US spying scandal? O can't believe any american has the cheek to critisise another nations spying activities.
You spy on all your allies. Jeeeez!

top topics

join