It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knocked out in bar fight, man wakes up as a genius

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Subnatural

Well. it's like the American Dream, right? Like winning the lottery.

Instant wealth, instant stardom, instant genius?! It becomes a heart warming tale for the whole family.

edit on 7-5-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Down below at the very bottom of the image of the cube drawing there is another equation. It says "e=mc2 because" and then it shows 2 symbols then =mc2. What do those symbols mean?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

It is 'h' multiplied by 'f', with 'h' being the Planck constant and 'f' being the frequency of de Broglie waves*.

He's trying to be controversial.

*Matter wave
edit on 7-5-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
All his art on that site is tagged with fractal drawings as well as about 20 other tags. A commenter on his quantum cube drawing had the following to say:

"L BARTEL PhD ANCHORAGE, AkStunning!!!!!!! I've studied physics my whole life and this is beyond words!! I check the dimensions and they balance perfectly and it does seem to follow all physics criteria!? You may have just contributed greatly to the Unified Field Theory. Congrats! This needs to be studied much more in depth to see if it leads to where it appears to! Never thought to see this in my lifetime. I can already see new possibilities for describing derivatives..."

So, is he a plant to drum up sales, or is this comment genuine?

I like his art but I think each of his pieces should come with an explanation especially that e equals mc squared drawing. Why is he calling one drawing a quantum star? Does that make sense in any scientific way or is it just a pretty name for a pretty painting? He has a quantum black hole as well. Does this drawing actually describe a black hole at all or is this all simply art?

ETA- Thank you, Bybots! I'm sorry I didn't know that. I guess it's a little embarrassing for me... but hey that's all in the past now, so hopefully you can forgive me and we can just agree to let Bybots be Bybots?
edit on 5/7/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
He actually stated that he can see Pi. It is not unlike Daniel Tammet, who says he sees information in shapes. Like instead of picturing a number one his mind would see a square etc.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Sounds like a trip for the guy. I would not recommend people try this in the same fashion I would not recommend people dip a spider in radioactive material and let it bite them. But ya! cool stuff, over all I think it is nothing all that special the brain and mind operate on all kinds of levels all the time sometimes the cobwebs just clear and you get a more clear picture of those individual levels.

Bizarre fascinations people have, the dude got beat up and now he is drawing the metatron cube configurations on paper and getting a glimpse at the still frame life, people have come out worse from scrapes that they had in bars, black eye broken bones and all.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I was thinking it might possibly be due to knowledge he previously developed in his past life some how being unlocked in the brain. After all under hypnosis we all seem to be able to recover memory's from are past life's.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Ever wanted to be a savant? now you can with in just a few minutes with just a little life threatening beating!!!

Interesting. I'm wondering if it's related to HyperVigilance?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
i wonder if his new clarity of vision or u could say deviation of vision is anything like the savants that have different ways they experiance the information they recieve from the world around them. there was a show on one of the science channels we get on dish a few years back about a few individuals they had discoverd. one of them interpreted numbers and number sequences as mental images of diffrent shapes witch each had individual color, texture, size and (if memory serves me right) some had a warmth or cold association to his image and even a few had a brighness or darkness to them. they tested him to see if he was just jackin with them n makin it up by askin him to mold (from some clay or playdough type medium) his interpretation of a list of numbers. some single digit others 4+ digits long. after he was done they waited a gew days or weeks and had him do the same thing for the same list of numbers. they did this multiple times and his representation was virtually the exact same shape and texture with a few slightly different in size (nothing substantial enough to imply he was faking or couldnt remember) this amazed me given that he experiances every number differntly and from 1 - 999,999,999,999 or probly even larger numbers he has an individual memory/experiance for each one.
just was curious if maybe the part of the guy from the posts brain that got lol "rejiggered" might be in the same region as the guy i just mentioned.

first post for me btw. had to join up so i could put in a bit of my brains work on the subjuct.

-grim
edit on 9-5-2014 by grimpleguy because: was interupted before i was done with post so had to complete it

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Amazing! Quick somebody punch me in the head!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The guys who beat him lol. Well they sure did knock some sense into that guy. You have to wonder weather they meant to do him a favor or not.
edit on 9-5-2014 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Can someone please kindly knock me senseless , i have exams coming next month

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Being in a coma wont make you scape them

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Try this little mind bending video to temporarily have a similar experience as this gentleman.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix

Ya remember all those stories that claimed people were hit on the head then suddenly could speak other languages they never learned? .

HAHA... Foreign accent syndrome.. LOL I remember hearing about an American woman getting whacked in the melon and spoke with a British accent and they made a big deal of it or so it seemed. I do however think this is fascinating if they are able to stimulate that part of the brain without having to use a club. I would be 1st in line

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

You SEE you SEE!!

I told you that God Dumbed us Down

He didn't Want us to be like him!! and Diluted Us Even More after the Great Flood. lol!! JK

WOW where would Huamns Be if ALL Human had this Ability

Well that if all the

Conspiracy Realm mode LOL!!

Now, researchers have figured out which parts of the man's brain were rejiggered to allow for such savant skills, and the findings suggest such skills may lie dormant in all human brains.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Yeah hit me with your Best Shot

let my brain rewire !

and I will Make Will Hunting ( From the Good Will Hunting Movie )
Look like a First Grader in Mathematics and Geometry !

Well this is interesting ..

But the fMRI only showed what areas were active in Padgett's brain. In order to show these particular areas were causing the man's synesthesia, Brogaard's team used transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), which involves zapping the brain with a magnetic pulse that activates or inhibits a specific region. When they zapped the parts of Padgett's parietal cortex that had shown the greatest activity in the fMRI scans, it made his synesthesia fade or disappear, according to a study published in August 2013 in the journal Neurocase. Brogaard showed, in another study, that when neurons die, they release brain-signaling chemicals that can increase brain activity in surrounding areas. The increased activity usually fades over time, but sometimes it results in structural changes that can cause brain-activity modifications to persist, Brogaard told Live Science. Scientists don't know whether the changes in Padgett's brain are permanent, but if he had structural changes, it's more likely his abilities are here to stay, Brogaard said.

a Closer Look

they release brain-signaling chemicals that can increase brain activity in surrounding areas. The increased activity usually fades over time, but sometimes it results in structural changes that can cause brain-activity modifications to persist, Brogaard told Live Science

Persist !! not fading over time a longer Span ? HMMM?? as in the Signaling Chemicals

Some Like a Increase of a Chemical or like long lasting protein The Protein GDF11 perhaps ?

Real ‘Beautiful Mind’: College Dropout Became Mathematical Genius After Mugging (PHOTOS)
abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It makes me think of the people who get hit in the head or just wake up speaking different languages. Life works in mysterious ways...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I picked up a copy of this guy's book last week. Haven't had a chance to start it yet but it looks an interesting read.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
These idiot-savant cases have been investigated and it appears that what leads to these amazing abilities is an isolation of certain parts of the brain, a sort of de-integration of brain functions.

I've always found it strange to consider these individuals geniuses though, and it might reflect the overemphasis we place on number crunching and technical skill as indicators of intelligence. When IBM designed Deep Blue to play chess, they no doubt thought chess was a good indicator of intelligence - but why not design a computer that can get more laughs than a stand-up comedian, or a computer than can make a better film than Stanley Kubrick, or one that comes up with a better theory of psychology than Sigmund Freud?

These people are every bit as brain damaged as they are brilliant.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join