It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hemp, The Sustainable Wonder Crop, Is Sweeping The Nation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: V22tech
a reply to: aorAki

What part of NO ONE WILL GROW IT FOR ITS TACILE USE did you not understand? I never said you could get high from hemp.

Hmmm, I've looked in my Webster's and my Funk and Wagnalls and I can't find the word "TACILE" in either of them so I guess you'll have to explain your meaning. It's hard to grasp meaning from words that seemingly don't exist.

+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

Ah yes another pro doper parroting the leftist media talking points. Once again you fail to comprehend the point im trying to make and instead resort to insults.

Pot, meet kettle.

I'm afraid you may have missed the point of the thread. States are rushing to get an early jump into the industrial hemp market. And their motivations are not "pro-doper" as you so elegantly toss around, almost insultingly.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

OMG I DIDNT ADD THE T ACCIDENTALLY QUICK! CALL THE GRAMMAR POLICE!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: V22tech

I tried looking up the word 'tacile' and as I get no credible definition of that term I assume it is merely a typo and that you actually mean 'tactile', which means the sensory sense of touch, which I think you may be confusing with the term 'textiles', which means fabric and yarn!

Here are some hemp textiles ...

Hemp Rope.

Hemp Clothing.

Now if you did mean "textiles" then the above pictures disprove your case!

And if you meant "tactile" then you are probably trolling based purely on semantics!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think that poor V22tech has some trouble identifying the threat levels between two different arguments. Hemp is grown to get high period and anyone who denies this concept is obviously a dope. Never mind the other positive industrial, health benefits offered by the plant...It's JUST EVIL!!!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Maybe if any of you actually did this research you people keep going on about instead of just parroting talking points made by pro dope liberals, you'd know weed and hemp are the same plant different amounts of THC. THe plant is called canabis sativa both hemp and weed ARE CALLED CANABIS SATIVA, get it?
wtf?

Can't you just google or something? No! You fail! Cannabis and hemp are not the same. Hemp has cannabinoids as does cannabis but no thc. In fact they call it the anti-marijuana because hemp actually COUNTERS the thc thus KILLING a thc high.

utter fail.

(post by V22tech removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: manna2

If both plants come from the same seed how are they not the same?

(post by V22tech removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
I think that poor V22tech has some trouble identifying the threat levels between two different arguments. Hemp is grown to get high period and anyone who denies this concept is obviously a dope. Never mind the other positive industrial, health benefits offered by the plant...It's JUST EVIL!!!
wtf? Do a google or something. Industrial or Indian hemp does not get you high. It is a plant grown for its seeds and fiber. It is a phenomenal human and animal food. It does not in any way get you high. Not even a little. Whats more is that it actually counters and kills a thc high. They call it anti- marijuana because it is so. Fact!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: manna2

originally posted by: minkmouse
wtf? Do a google or something. Industrial or Indian hemp does not get you high. It is a plant grown for its seeds and fiber. It is a phenomenal human and animal food. It does not in any way get you high. Not even a little. Whats more is that it actually counters and kills a thc high. They call it anti- marijuana because it is so. Fact!

Then this quote from you needs explanation for me

"Figures, the most left leaning news agency in the country tries yet again to use its quasi science to push for the legalization of dope. No one grows this crap for tactile use now, no one will grow it in the future. The only reason this plant is grown is to get high."

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

a reply to: minkmouse

I never said hemp gets you high ever, in any of my posts, but you idiots have completely made up statements i never made in order to make yourselves as a collective bunch of potheads, look better.

And there you go with the name calling again. Hey, do we look like ants from up there on your high horse?

Why not come down from there and understand that we bear you no malice, sir. You have to understand that hemp is a good thing.

Please, since you seem to think you know it all in regard to the hemp plant, how will it negatively impact our current socioeconomic/industrial/interpersonal paradigm?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I understand you were meaning to use the word "tactile" as you had earlier but I'm not sure what you really meant by that as it refers to the sense of touch. Maybe you had in mind "textile" which is among hemp's industrial uses, or maybe some use of the other word I am failing to grasp fully. I have an idea where you are trying to go with your discussion but I think maybe you are just a little too worked-up over it. Have another brewski, maybe it'll help you relax. I'm not into such recreational substances myself but I get where you're coming from.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

a reply to: aorAki

What part of NO ONE WILL GROW IT FOR ITS TACILE USE did you not understand? I never said you could get high from hemp.

What part of 'people are growing it for its tactile use' do you not understand? Textile is tactile

Golly gee, do a simple web search on 'Hemp Products' and you will see that your assertion is just plain wrong!
edit on 6-5-2014 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

a reply to: minkmouse

I never said hemp gets you high ever, in any of my posts, but you idiots have completely made up statements i never made in order to make yourselves as a collective bunch of potheads, look better.

Really ... how soon that you forget ...

a reply to: Erongaricuaro

Figures, the most left leaning news agency in the country tries yet again to use its quasi science to push for the legalization of dope. No one grows this crap for tactile use now, no one will grow it in the future. The only reason this plant is grown is to get high. Yes i know hemp and marijuana are different, Hemp is high growing marijuanna is low growing but same plant.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Good for sharing. Hemp seeds are great alternative to soy products for Vegetarians and Vegans, or those interested in general-where as soy products in grocery stores have upwards of 80 percent GMO soy. Overall the seeds are more healthy.

Also,
Distinguishing Hemp from Its Cousin?:

A#1. The difference in appearance and growing methods is akin to the difference between growing corn and roses. Industrial hemp and feral ditchweed are grown closely together (rows are as close as 4 inches apart), it is grown in large multi-acre plots, it grows thin and tall, as tall as 20 feet high in many cases, has few branches or leaves below the tops, and is grown 108-120 days.

Contrast that with medicinal cannabis: grown 6 feet apart, it is a shorter fatter bush with many branches, smaller plots with fewer plants, and is grown for 60-90 days. When ready to harvest, the corn vs. roses analogy is even more striking. I have pictures of medicinal cannabis grown legally in Europe, where it is next to an orchard and vineyard, and it is clearly very different from the industrial hemp pictures from Canada.

There are differences in leaf structure that are apparent even after harvest, as most medicinal cannabis plants are either broad leafed with a 5 or 7 leaf pattern ... continued...

THC content in feral hemp is probably around 0-2 percent. Industrial hemp in Canada is 0.3 percent or less, and better commercial varieties of medicinal cannabis are up to 25 percent. ...continued...

North American Industrial Hemp Council, Inc.- More here
edit on 6-5-2014 by dreamingawake because: eta

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

No, your ignorance is showing CANABIS SATIVA....same freakin plant one male one female SAME PLANT! get it? No one will grow the canabis sativa plant for its tactile use, its more lucrative to make it a drug and sell it.
if i grew a field of male, industrial hemp, you do know that i would pollinate EVERY FEMALE PLANT in about a twenty mile radius? So no, once it ie commited to hemp it is most definately hemp. The tightest bio-security in the world could probably be penetrated. Let alone your cousin, the pothead who lives in his moms basement growing 3 plants in his closet.Dang i will piss him off when i get the chance

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Did somebody call the Grammar Police? *issues citation*

You seem to be blowing the "risks" way out of proportion. Poppy seeds are produced all over the world and it's not a problem. In fact France, Germany, Spain and Israel are all big exporters and while Spain's opiate abuse rates are about the same as ours, the others are much lower.

Castor oil plants are grown in India, China, Egypt, and Brazil among other places and people aren't knocking one another off left and right with ricin.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join