It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hemp, The Sustainable Wonder Crop, Is Sweeping The Nation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Twenty-three states have now enacted pro-industrial hemp legislation (Hawaii Governor Neil Abercrombie signed the latest bill this past week), making the cousin crop to marijuana a national phenomenon. Since the beginning of the year, more than 70 bills related to hemp have been introduced in more than half of the country's states. Passage of the recent Farm Bill, which legalized the crop for research purposes, further cleared the way for industrial hemp production.

Hemp policy is "not just turning a corner," Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) told The Huffington Post earlier this year. "It's turning a corner and running downhill."

A new age is dawning and the light is just now creeping back in as the ban is lifting. It's not just that we can now discuss such matters for the first time in ages, we are beginning to make use of them ONCE AGAIN! Hemp was stamped out of existence in American life and across the world over 70 years ago in order to stop it from competing with emerging industries. There were even those power brokers that thought it would have a greater value on the black market so it was driven underground in a frenzy of misplaced altruism. Now it is making a comeback and will again assume its rightful place in industry. It is more popular than ever and this ancient natural product is set to revolutionize industry with products for the 21st century.

The above article gives 9 reasons why hemp is sweeping the nation and offers a few details about them. You can follow the link to the article and read up and maybe do a little of your own research - there's plenty material out there to read up on. Here are their 9 reasons:

1. It's a farmer's best friend
Not only does hemp grow in a variety of climates and soil types.

2. It's an environmentalist's best friend
Ever wonder where the nickname "weed" comes from? The hemp plant grows like one

3. It can compete with cotton
Hemp has been used as a fabric since time immemorial. As a textile, hemp is durable

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 6-5-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

Figures, the most left leaning news agency in the country tries yet again to use its quasi science to push for the legalization of dope. No one grows this crap for tactile use now, no one will grow it in the future. The only reason this plant is grown is to get high. Yes i know hemp and marijuana are different, Hemp is high growing marijuanna is low growing but same plant.
edit on 6-5-2014 by V22tech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

(post by V22tech removed for a manners violation)
+57 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: V22tech

Figures, the most left leaning news agency in the country tries yet again to use its quasi science to push for the legalization of dope. No one grows this crap for tactile use now, no one will grow it in the future. The only reason this plant is grown is to get high. Yes i know hemp and marijuana are different.

wow

i very really post to dispel ignorance any-more...........but

other than bee pollen or mabey honey, hemp seed is the most nutritious food by weight of ALL food

of ALL fibers hemp is the strongest NATURAL fiber know to man

as paper many bibles and important documents were made from hemp,

i really could go on but note this,

you cant smoke hemp and get anything BUT a head ach

wake up noddy

xploder

+15 more 
link   
a reply to: V22tech

Quasi science lmao you people are so close minded. Do some research on the points yourself and find they are facts. But you wont, keep your opinions thats fine with me, I guess i'll just go smoke some hemp. Lmao.

Cannot wait for 20 years from now when not just hemp but marijuana is legal in the great majority of the US and the right will just be pulling their hair out. xD

+1 more 
link   

Figures, the most left leaning news agency in the country tries yet again to use its quasi science to push for the legalization of dope. No one grows this crap for tactile use now, no one will grow it in the future. The only reason this plant is grown is to get high. Yes i know hemp and marijuana are different, Hemp is high growing marijuanna is low growing but same plant.

Well...We certainly understand now how you feel about this "crap" don't we?

+34 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Figures, the most left leaning news agency in the country tries yet again... No one grows this crap for tactile use now, no one will grow it in the future.

Left/Right paradigmer?? Wonderful world you live in.

My own car uses over 20 kilograms of hemp in its door panels and mouldings. I'm not sure Mercedes-Benz did that just to cut costs or try to attract the tie-dye crowd. No, hemp might actually be a durable and useful resource. Imagine that.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I can't for the life of me understand why this stuff is illegal! A government could make loads of money off it.

On the point that people would just get high off it, even if that were true, it's no basis to make something illegal. People generally use alcohol to get drunk, still legal though.

+20 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You do realize OP is talking about hemp and not marijuana right? Maybe next time, instead of spouting your misinformed propaganda, you will actually do some research and thus come to the realization that hemp has no THC!!!

I haven't even read beyond your comment so if others have already corrected your grievous mistake, good but your asinine remark needs to be ridiculed as mu h as possible.

Jee whiz.

Here's your Darwin Award:

edit on Cpm9Tuesday0120145431Tue, 06 May 2014 21:01:54 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide typos

(post by V22tech removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Maybe if any of you actually did this research you people keep going on about instead of just parroting talking points made by pro dope liberals, you'd know weed and hemp are the same plant different amounts of THC. THe plant is called canabis sativa both hemp and weed ARE CALLED CANABIS SATIVA, get it?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Toadmund

You do understand that the male and female plants are different correct???
What you just described would be very unpleasant and would do nothing medically

+15 more 
link   

The fact there is no THC content means you can't get high off it. It's a pretty significant difference.

+16 more 
link   

originally posted by: twfau
I can't for the life of me understand why this stuff is illegal! A government could make loads of money off it.

On the point that people would just get high off it, even if that were true, it's no basis to make something illegal. People generally use alcohol to get drunk, still legal though.

during war time farmers were encouraged to grow hemp to HELP

best ropes best sails best paper,

bio fuels, food, cloths, books, fiber glass, plastic

and best of all,

it reconditions soils if plowed over at the end of the grow season,
if you alternate between food crops and hemp, you grow better crops with less fertilizer!!!!

plastic is made from oil driving up oil prices,
hemp plastic is bio degradable.......

xploder

+10 more 
link   

Good to see that the majority of members understand the benefits of the most wonderous plant on Earth. Hemp is probably what will help turn this world around in this ones humble opinion.

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

again, the male plant is not the same as the female plant....
Male plants RUIN weed, your ignorance is showing

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: twfau

Did you not read where i said its the same plant?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No, your ignorance is showing CANABIS SATIVA....same freakin plant one male one female SAME PLANT! get it? No one will grow the canabis sativa plant for its tactile use, its more lucrative to make it a drug and sell it.

+23 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what it is called ... it's now legal in far more places than it used to be!

But those companies and FAMILIES that had it banned long ago should not be allowed to benefit from that in any way shape or form and I do not care if that is completely unfair to them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join