It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If one believe in the Multiverse, then one must belive in Creationism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If one believes the theory of the Multiverse, a theoretical reality that includes a possibly infinite number of parallel universes, then one must believe a universe was created by God. I am not saying it is this one, or what percentage in the Multiverse, but at least one universe was created by God.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Which god?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't think creationism is what you think it is.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm still trying to comprehend multiverses. I learned that the universe was all that existed when I was in school, sort of like it included things we couldn't see. Now they had to go and complicate the thing.

Maybe before they start inventing multiverses, they should go and erase the definition of Universe.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You are alluding to the MWI - Multi World Interpretation in contrast to the Copenhagen Interpretation of quantum mechanics as if an infinite number of universes MEANS that EVERY possibility you can think of is, in some universe, true. But that's not what the MWI means. It isn't suggesting that everything you can think of exists; it is suggesting that for every decision point, both decisions manifest themselves in separate universes. That's not quite the same thing.

Further, though the MWI definitely asserts an infinite number of universes, that is one interpretation, not the only one. Plus, "multi" does not equal "infinite." It's logically possible that "branes," to borrow a word from string theory, are finite, but many.

So I don't think your conclusion is justified. No one is required to believe in Creationism just because there may be more than one universe.
edit on 5/6/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

There is absolutely no logical connection between these statements.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

How could you ever come to that conclusion? "If there's more then one universe then one had to be made by god" is not logic .....

If there is no god then there's no god to make a choice and have parrellel time lines.

That doesn't count as proof god exists or doesn't. It's just religious circular logic.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Which god?

The one who is?

Oh....your fishing for bulls#. I hope you catch some.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
If one believes the theory of the Multiverse, a theoretical reality that includes a possibly infinite number of parallel universes, then one must believe a universe was created by God. I am not saying it is this one, or what percentage in the Multiverse, but at least one universe was created by God.

A multiverse isn't necessarily 'parallel'.

See an atom and electrons?

See a planet with moons?

See a Solar system?

See a galaxy center and systems?

...see a multiverse.

That's the honest way to see it, with the knowledge with have thus far.

And the honest way to 'believe it'...is to not believe, to be honest with ourselves and each other and realise that we simply don't know...yet.

Being agnostic is a good thing, it leaves the mental doors open to the truth, if and when we discover it.

edit on 6-5-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
God meets FOUR definitions!

God is totality, not morality! Anything less than the all is not God!

God is omnipresent! Without presence there is nothing ... not even abstraction (i.e. like maths)

God is omniscient! Being everything it knows everything!

God is omnipotent! Being everything and Knowing everything is all powerful!

Now the Cosmos itself meets all 4 definitions!

It is the entirety of totality!

Being everything, it encompasses all knowledge!

Being everything and knowing everything it is all powerful and the proof of that is us ourselves as lifeforms, being a creation of creation itself.

You therefor do not need to invoke any other dimensions or universes as the Cosmos covers all of that in a single nice simple distinct term.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I don't understand how Parallel worlds = there is a God?

It isn't anymore or less proof that a God exists.

I think it is just easier to say that their are sentient entities out there with the ability to create in a way that we would think them Gods.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Maybe some universes have intelligent design while others do not. Remember infinite diversity in infinite combinations is generally the rule of thumb while pertaining to our multiverse. Or is it?

I take it what you are trying to say is that God must exist or have existed somewhere and/or at some point? Apparently he/she/it is omnipotent so that's not such a stretch I suppose.

edit on 6-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Well we can not define god so there is no point driving yourself mad trying to but if there is a superspace and it is truly infinite then chaos would seem to be the rule but if chaos is the rule then all activitys are futile and also bound to be cancelled by chaotic action, so what if there is a mind beyond our comprehension that ties the universe together, call it the great decider which seperates what will be from what wont and is order not chaos, now you could call that the god of superspace but how did it come to be such an endless living consciousness that both spans all universes and by it's own will creates and maintains them.
What you have asked is a metaphysical not a scientific question and I would simple say have you ever met a sane metaphysicist.
I believe in god and will stick to my christian god as after all why would I want to change to worship an impersonal incomprehensible being that would only care about me or you in so far as we were tiny limited reflections or fragment's of it's own self.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Well we can not define god so there is no point driving yourself mad trying to

I already have defined God in my above post!

Prove to me, by applying simple logic, that the definitions I stated do not meet what God actually is!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I am not saying it is this one, or what percentage in the Multiverse, but at least one universe was created by God.

If you can define God without using a circular definition, like: "God is the entity that created the universe," then maybe I'll go along with it.

Although I don't think there are multiple universes, because I only perceive the one, and without perception, there is only mathematical virtuality, not reality, which is necessary for a universe to exist.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

Well If you define god then your universe is much smaller as you have reduced infinite possibillity to a limited notion of self reflective projection and remember God is why you are not the other way around as is the mistake made by many whom think that by defining the entirety that they then become greater for it.
We are all transitory and hope to acheive a semblance of eternity but only through god can we ever do this and only by god remembering us, the universe is created each and every instant, remember how as a child the colours were so bright, the flowers and insects so fascinating and beutiful and the sky so big, well we actually learn to ignore it but it is still there but takes a child to see it.

Also your definition is limited in that it limits your god to the time space continuum, aka the cosmos which to us seems huge and even near infinite but is in reality as far from infinite as we are, it is more than possible and I think even plausible and likely that a universe in which consciousness exists and can interact with the nature of reality is itself alive and aware but it is not the absolute god and above that particular mountain there is a huge sky if you catch my analogy and that is even larger and even more aware.
I think though the only god I am interested in knowing is the one whom actually care's about the individual ant's, not the one for whom they are too small and insignificant to even notice, so you definition is both correct and yet too small, also god is outside the universe though god interpenetrates it at all points in time and space.
Indeed your definition would more aptly fit the archangel Uriel whom holds creation (the world) in his hand.
And we are all children of God as is all life and indeed the universe itself.

edit on 6-5-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

If I was fishing, you just gave me a nibble

But i was not, just simply asking which god he is talking about.
I am sure we can find some people here that don't agree on the same god

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietJoke
a reply to: LABTECH767

Well we can not define god so there is no point driving yourself mad trying to

I already have defined God in my above post!

Prove to me, by applying simple logic, that the definitions I stated do not meet what God actually is!

God has a long white beard!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

You defined your version of god no the be all end all definition.

Since all of you have different takes on who god is it sure rings of imagination.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I'm interested in how you arrive at this conclusion. I just don't see the connection?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join