It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart Gun Debate.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

So interestingly enough the gun cost $1399.99 and the watch another $399.99 for a total of $1798.00. Where is the outrage that the poor will no longer be able to protect themselves? Everyone complains about minimum wage how is a minimum wage earner supposed to exercise his or her 2nd amendment rights? What is the elderly supposed to do with tech and the cost on a fixed income. Is grandma supposed to tell the burglar in the middle of the night "hold on honey while I get the watch"? Watch Cost

Gemme a $250.00 revolver, bang and we are done.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 7918465230

Don't expect ATF to move anytime soon on your tax stamp.
Back when we lived in Kansas I too wanted a suppressor...Filed all the right paper work. Eleven months passed before I got a confirmation letter that basically said my request was being processed.

since then I've moved to Colorado and would have to start the process all over again.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I can't but help think how easy it would be to disrupt the signal. Yea you got your watch on, but no signal no working gun... Another layer of "security" that can go wrong. All of us gun owners get told how we are compensating for a lack of something, so what are all these tech freaks compensating for lack of brains or ability?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

$1399.99

somehow I find that an odd number to attach to a little pocket pistol?
I mean the most expensive .22 Cabala's offers is the S&W K22 for $799.99

Somehow I get the feeling this guns pricing was totally random, just pulled any ole number out of their arise.
either that or its some kind of bible code...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Hey now... watch it buddy

I happen to be one of those tech freaks!

yet even to me I don't see the point of Wi-Fi on my pistols?

"Wait, wait... I can't shot you until I log in!"

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps

Don't expect ATF to move anytime soon on your tax stamp.
Back when we lived in Kansas I too wanted a suppressor...Filed all the right paper work. Eleven months passed before I got a confirmation letter that basically said my request was being processed.

since then I've moved to Colorado and would have to start the process all over again.

Yeah, my last suppressor took 2 months, and that's from me walking in the door asking to buy one, to me walking out the door with it. I thought it took forever at the time, but that was before Sandy Hook. I've ordered DD mk18 mod1 (the one I have now is sort of mod0, but the only similarities are the front sight post), and 2 suppressors, one Thunderbeast 30p-1 for my bolt action, and one Surefire SOCOM 556 for the mk-18's. I ordered them about a year and a half ago at least, probably 2 years (I've lost count), and I also moved back to my home state since then, but I not joking when I say I literally have yet to be able to even fill out my form 4's, let alone have the ATF process them. That whole time, was just waiting on the the items to arrive at the shop, which also requires a form to the ATF, or excuse me BATFE now. I'll be another 2 years before I get to see them at my house. Although, the one shop did let me shoot the Thunderbeast at their range, and boy was it awesome. Quiet as hell, and there's literally almost zero recoil on my .308. Talk about accurate and extremely easy follow up shots. I was cranking out headshots on the steel so quick it would make your head spin, lol. Can't wait for it (them).

Edit:

Here she is in all her glory. Don't ask how much it cost, you might cry.

edit on 7-5-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Sorry HardCorp wasn't meant to come off quite like that
But it does seem like some people think the answer to everything is to make it more complicated. They do tend to flock into politics though. Just the catchy "smart" label gets the simple going ohh, ahh. "See they call it smart, so it must be!" Anyway the next evolution would be either a override or a way to transmit a signal that any and all smart guns would acknowledge. Hence why it would be a lousy idea.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

the one I was trying to buy was a Mack Brothers MB762L their kind of longish at just under ten inches but their very light and you get a 32 dB sound reduction for a .308

But that's getting off topic right.

We're talking about Smart gun... No sir-reee--- I don't trust me a no guns that is smarter then I am!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

I was just playing with ya...
still not all tech is bad. I mean look at aimpoints, laser range finders, if your a bow hunter like me you gotta love The Nockturnal lighted arrow nocks.

But things start getting weird when you tech-a-fy the safety systems.

that's why all my pistols are SIG's simple like me.

edit on 7-5-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I actually have quite a few issues with this gun, but one thing first..

When gun technologies are tied to legislation, that is a major (!!) red flag that it is being used as a means to an end. It is only a step on a larger agenda. Thats just how it works. Allowing technologies to be accessible to society is fine under almost any circumstance, except for when it becomes mandatory. Thats a problem.

When it comes to a firearm, I also do not like any technology that affects the direct operation of the gun. It wouldnt even require hacking it to do anything, just an EMP. I would never buy a firearm that could be rendered useless in such a way, and with this one, it can happen two ways! Your watch could get fried, or the gun could get fried, or both. While it happens extremely rarely, even a flare from the sun could potentially disable this firearm. I dont like that at all.

The caliber choice just seems strange to me. I dont get it for a variety of reasons. One being the current availability of the ammo. The second being that it just isnt a "standard" choice in terms of home/self defense. One advantage might be magazine capacity, but its just a 10 round mag..

If they left off the stupid piece that goes from the trigger guard to the front of the barrel, it might not look as bad.

An interesting specification on the watch is that they say:

power supply for 5,000 rounds

I get that when its transmitting, it would likely use more juice.. but it just seems strange to list it this way. Almost like its programmed to have a specific cut off on rounds fired. Beyond all that, it doesnt even sound like they would have the features I would want like: Rounds fired, rounds fired per day, ability to input score data to track trends, etc.

Their website seems to lack a lot of pertinent information. Here is what they have on their "TRS" (Target Response System):

The gun only functions if you are recognized and on target.

If you are aiming away from the target area, the pistol is immediately deactivated.
No misuse against people or objects around you.
Armatix target shooting with no compromise on safety!

The heck does that mean?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

it means you just got suckered out of $1798.00.
(See Above Pricing)

Gotta go spend quality time with the wife. Play nice while I'm gone k?

edit on 7-5-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

the one I was trying to buy was a Mack Brothers MB762L their kind of longish at just under ten inches but their very light and you get a 32 dB sound reduction for a .308

Looked it up, looks sweet, but what is it going on, a bolt or semi? It's looks like more of a semi suppressor, beings it appears to be quick detach. I'd go with the Surefire SOCOM762-RC if it was a semi. Thing looks sick, and you can't go wrong with surefire,....although it does appear to be almost double the price. You can't put a price on happiness though, lol.

You're right though, we are getting a tad off topic. my apologies OP.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Serdgiam

it means you just got suckered out of $1798.00.
(See Above Pricing)

Exactly.

Everything about this gun is prohibitive. Even the website gives very, very little information even if you DID want to look into purchasing one.

Who in their right mind would actually want to purchase this weapon in comparison to other choices? Its like it is designed to fail. Its like the infomercial version of a gun. Except its significantly more expensive.
edit on 7-5-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'd like to know who all the idiots who actually bought one where, and why? I mean, apparently someone said the guy who was selling them actually received death threats, so he stopped, but that must mean at least some were flying out the door.

It's just like all these new cars with electronics that the police can automatically shut down your car at will if they want to.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Look it isn't for me but WTH people are threatening stores and others who want to sell it. Whatever happened to freedom? Do people not have the freedom to sell an item if they want to without being threatened?

As a gun owner it isn't for me but if a local store wants to carry it then that is their choice. Those who are threatening and harassing places that wish to sell it are totally hypocritical and a bit crazy IMO.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
At the end of the day, there is no replacement for gun safety education and weapon security as a part of responsible ownership. Legislation, technology, and firearms really don't mix for any number of reasons. Imagine a world sometime in the future where every legally owned gun Requires an RFID to fire, which any nefarious group of individuals can copy or Jam. Biometrics are no better. In fact the more measures you put between yourself and the operation of your weapon increases the likelihood of failure at precisely the point that you need it most.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have a NFC chip implanted on between my thumb and index, I think I will buy one of this guns and it can be easily modified so only I can take out the cartridge, maybe I could even have it concealed carry as nobody could prove its a real weapon , I could say its a toy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join