It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Things To Start Doing For Yourself

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I came across this list via another site and I thought to share it here. It seems we get so easily wrapped up in life that we forget to find happiness in the simplest of things, and we most definitely put our own happiness on the back burner.I'm sure almost everyone can relate to most if not all the items listed.
Here are the top five items on the list:

#1. Start spending time with the right people. – These are the people you enjoy, who love and appreciate you, and who encourage you to improve in healthy and exciting ways. They are the ones who make you feel more alive, and not only embrace who you are now, but also embrace and embody who you want to be, unconditionally.

#2. Start facing your problems head on. – It isn’t your problems that define you, but how you react to them and recover from them. Problems will not disappear unless you take action. Do what you can, when you can, and acknowledge what you’ve done. It’s all about taking baby steps in the right direction, inch by inch. These inches count, they add up to yards and miles in the long run.

#3. Start being honest with yourself about everything. – Be honest about what’s right, as well as what needs to be changed. Be honest about what you want to achieve and who you want to become. Be honest with every aspect of your life, always. Because you are the one person you can forever count on. Search your soul, for the truth, so that you truly know who you are. Once you do, you’ll have a better understanding of where you are now and how you got here, and you’ll be better equipped to identify where you want to go and how to get there. Read The Road Less Traveled.

#4. Start making your own happiness a priority. – Your needs matter. If you don’t value yourself, look out for yourself, and stick up for yourself, you’re sabotaging yourself. Remember, it IS possible to take care of your own needs while simultaneously caring for those around you. And once your needs are met, you will likely be far more capable of helping those who need you most.

#5. Start being yourself, genuinely and proudly. – Trying to be anyone else is a waste of the person you are. Be yourself. Embrace that individual inside you that has ideas, strengths and beauty like no one else. Be the person you know yourself to be – the best version of you – on your terms. Above all, be true to YOU, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.

FULL LIST

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who finds value in this article, and I have a daily ritual of seeking out quotes, or sayings that I feel feel empower me against the negativity of society and the hardships in life. I hope this thread helps some make a change for the better.
PEACE...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Thank you for posting this. I really needed this today. It is so easy to lose sight of the truly important things in life, and I am grateful to you for the reminder. Hoping you have a lovely day and Blessed Be. )O(

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Excellent list! This is just what I needed this morning. It took me over 10 years, but I'm starting to realize the importance of recognizing our own beauty as individuals. No longer will I let others determine my worth. I am a good person with a lot of love to give, and that goes for everybody.

We all shine on!

Thanks OP.

edit on 6-5-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

We all shine on... Oh I really like that!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Was just the first thing that popped into my head
Thanks again for the uplifting post.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Lennon was a true genius...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The list is most appreciated - thank you.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry
The list is most appreciated - thank you.

Your Welcome!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Hi Access! Thanks so much for this thread...a lot of us needed reminding that life itself is short. MS

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
A gorgeous perfect list. We should all share it with others and read it daily until it becomes as much a part of us as breathing is.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
A gorgeous perfect list. We should all share it with others and read it daily until it becomes as much a part of us as breathing is.
I 100% agree. We have all drifted so far away from what truly makes us happy and content and we stupidly try to fill the void with meaningless things.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Thanks for starting this thread. I was going to until I found out about yours.

I included a bunch of extra stuff from their site and various lists . . . so I'll just paste that in here:

Written by Marc Chernoff

from "marc & angel HACK LIFE"
www.marcandangel.com...

This is evidently a result of an earlier list of "30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself"

Our previous article, 30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself, was well received by most of our readers, but several of you suggested that we follow it up with a list of things to start doing. In one reader’s words, “I would love to see you revisit each of these 30 principles, but instead of presenting us with a ‘to-don’t’ list, present us with a ‘to-do’ list that we all can start working on today, together.” Some folks, such as readers Danny Head and Satori Agape, actually took it one step further and emailed us their own revised ‘to-do’ versions of the list.
. . .
1. Start spending time with the right people.--. . .
. . .
2. Start facing your problems head on.--. . .
. . .
3. Start being honest with yourself about everything.--. . .
. . .
4. Start making your own happiness a priority.--. . .
. . .
7. Start valuing the lessons your mistakes teach you.--. . .
. . .

Given that there's not really a forum strictly for personal psychology--I put it in this RELATIONSHIPS forum. Certainly virtually all the items mentioned IMPACT THOSE WE ARE AROUND--our RELATIONSHIPS.

I think the points are excellent. Any person who wants to be healthy, happy, fulfilled, comfortable, satisfied in life, overcoming, strong, creative . . . etc. would highly likely find these items very useful, valuable in their life trek.

This couple also seem to have a lot of other articles with practical useful lists that are great personal psychology--e.g.

--"7 Smart Ways to Deal with Toxic People"
--"10 Signs it's Time to Let Go"
--"5 Ways to Stop Feeling Insecure in Your Relationships"
--"10 Simple Truths Smart People Forget"
--"12 Things Happy People Do Differently"
--"30 Books Everyone Should Read Before Their 30th Birthday"
--"18 Things I Wish Someone Told Me When I was 18"
www.marcandangel.com...
--"7 Things You Should Stop Expecting from Others"
www.marcandangel.com...
--"12 Dozen Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free"
--"10 Habits You Must Quit to Be Happy"
www.marcandangel.com...
--"19 Signs You're Doing Better than You Think"
www.marcandangel.com...
--"60 Tiny Love Stories to Make You Smile"
www.marcandangel.com...

= = = =

I think there's a treasure trove of wonderful insights in the above items and links. I hope many people avail themselves.

I hope we can have some wonderful, constructive, collaborative discussion of such on this thread.

Cheers.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

"7 things you should stop expecting from others."

Wow you have no idea how much that click of the link changed the way I view my current life. My entire life my culture has taught me the complete opposite, to always give so I can expect better from others in return. which is why I've lived my entire life depressed because that promise of eventually getting "better in return" don't exist. Thank you so much.

top topics

join