It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Something! I'm Giving Up On You!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Welcome dear visitor!

This is deep so get ready to decompress ok!

Tonight I am feeling very emotional
and therefor the following set of Youtube links, various covers all on the same song, shall be used to express my feelings ...

@ My Fears ...

"Say Something" A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera (Cover by Jasmine Thompson)

@ My Anger and Wrath ...

Say Something - Gianni and Sarah of Walk off the Earth

@ My Lack Of Faith ...

"Say Something" - Victoria Justice & Max - ONE TAKE!

@ My Lack Of Self Worth ...

[Official Video] Say Something - Pentatonix (A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera Cover)

@ ATS ...

Say Something - A Great Big World (feat. Christina Aguilera) (Boy Epic Cover)

@ The World ...

Say Something - A Great Big World cover (Bean & Jamison Murphy)

@ My Pride ...

Alex & Sierra "Say Something" in an unplugged performance! - THE X FACTOR USA 2013

For My GirlFriend @ Myself ...

A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera - Say Something

Ok I will say something now ...

You never have to say anything sweety as I will never give up on 'getting to you' and I will never tell you goodbye as you are always in my heart!

@ Everyone who is giving up on me ...

If you have anything to say to me please feel free to say it to me now as I'd appreciate the brutal honest truth ok!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Meh .. life is short .. live it .. relax grab a beer and dont waste time worrying 99% of the # people worry over doesnt mean a damn thing in the long run .. and now back to my drinking before my macaque steals my beer ..

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Im having trouble getting peoples posts these days.
Folks are lost and ... Im not following you guys off a cliff.
Im serious. But in the interest of making someone feel better possibly.
Something

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Thank you for not giving up on me!

Cheers!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Nephalim

I thank you also for not giving up on me and for saying something!

I deeply appreciate it and it did make me feel better!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

Hey, saw you on the punk thread. It's good to know there's some of us still out there! I won't give up on you either, punk brother

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Thank you very much!

I love your Avatar, it is amazing artwork and reminds me of a hairstyle I once wore!

I once read a quote by some astronaut who said "If you can't be good, be colorful!" and I think that matches the Punk ideology nicely ... Punks In Space!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Keep on keeping on DietJoke, we won't give up on you (as long as you don't give up on us!)

Kallisti

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

To look deeply into the mirror and know that the only enemy is myself and not my reflection, is to claim the right to safely eat Eris's gift apple!

For the prettiest one is poison only for those who fight over it!

Hail Eris!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Bloody hellers.... and I wanted a siesta...

Especially for you DietJoke :

BUT FOR ME... THIS IS THE BEST VERSION :

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 6/5/14 by Rodinus because: Vid added

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

ALL HAIL DISCORDIA!

Have a good one brother.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Thank you for including my favorite cover of the song - Alex and Sierra!

Now off to find this punk forum beansidhe speaks of.....

Oh, and keep smiling my friend.....life's too short to do anything other than laugh and enjoy the ride

ETA: Found it! I And shared three of my fave punk bands
edit on 5/6/2014 by halfpint0701 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nephalim
Im having trouble getting peoples posts these days.
Folks are lost and ... Im not following you guys off a cliff.
Im serious. But in the interest of making someone feel better possibly.
Something

LOL LOL LOL Wow Nephalim, you are so right. That is exactly what I've been thinking lately, I didn't think I would see it explicitly expressed. I thought I was just imagining things.

On the other hand, even I haven't been able to think rationally lately... the stuff I want to post on here doesn't make sense. Weird.
edit on 06amTue, 06 May 2014 06:59:03 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 06amTue, 06 May 2014 06:59:29 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Both vids are very deeply touching and I am humbled!

Seems it doesn't really matter whether I belong and whether I am right or whether I am wrong?,
when such wealth of comfort I find, is suddenly wrapped up in that song!

Thank you for saying something!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

You're welcome and I was glad to include it!

I have seen your posts on the punk thread and awarded you stars!

Thank you for saying something!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Has life got you down? Neil had 'something' to say once. Let me help him repeat it.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
ACtually the first time I heard this song I was upset that I didnt write it myself...then when I tried to cover it I got more upset that I couldnt sing it worth a crap....

Musically the chord progression is nothing that original but the arrangement of it is so good...the lyrics are great and its a song that forces you to sing with passion.....I think this can also fit into about any depressing moment in my life to some form or another. I see why so many are covering it....its a powerful song and in this day and age its tough to write something that so many people can get behind.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You might be feeling bad because of the music you posted. I got a itchy rash just looking over the list!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Welcome .. at times we all need someone to remind us that were human .. hope making sense its after 0100 here and been holding drinking contest with sun wukong ( my macaque the little bugger drinks like a fish ..) hoping it works going to attempt to add a video ..

edit on 6/5/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)
heh two tries but think got it .. time for another beer ..
edit on 6/5/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Hey brother. Your post finds me in the worst personal space I've ever been since beginning to work on my "issues" and many problems of my PTSD following my multiple deployments and near death the last time I was wounded and the IED almost ended me.
I'm not really one to talk about my feelings but in the last 6 months I met and fell in love with an Australian girl. We were planning on making a life together and she was to move here to NYC as soon as we could save enough for her, her dog and her stuff to get here.
A little background on me to help explain what I think has made this amazing woman come to "despise and resent" me (her words not more than 20 minutes ago)...
I was a captain in the US Army. I served 17 years until an IED put the Mine Resistant Ambush Proof aspect of the MRAP I was traveling in to the ultimate test... I was involved in interrogating various insurgents and other sources of tactically and strategically valuable intelligence. I mention that because that has proven to be the major issue in this relationship. Surprisingly more so than my flashbacks, nightmares, the distance I out between me and others, the pain I try (mostly unsuccessfully) to deal with minute to minute each day.
This girl was somehow able to break through my walls I've put up and I finally felt safe with another person. I could talk to her about everything. It wasn't hard or painful or troubling for the first time since - well since FOREVER really, but definitely since my experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan. She is the love if my life and I'm lucky to have found her.
However, she made a mistake and lied to me about a couple things. It killed me that she did. Killed me where two bullets and an IED couldn't.
I responded badly and my interrogation skills came to the fore. This has been going on for the past three days. She's just gone to bed (it's like 02:00 for her now), and she's agreed to take a breath and step back until tomorrow before coming to a final decision on if she wants to be with me and try to rebuild the trust that's been badly damaged. Worse than the lies that began this brouhaha, is the pain and despair I feel that I very likely have damaged our love so severely with the way I reacted. Beyond that, and more important to my thinking, is the pain I've caused her to feel. After all she's done to make life seem livable again to me, the joy she brought to my life, all that we shared, I was unable to just suck it up and move on without being a dick and treating her like I would anyone I've interrogated in my previous duties.
And now I feel almost sure it's over. Fairly confident that tomorrow she will tell me she no longer wants to be with me or to even attempt to work things out. And I'm completely lost thinking that. I've never been one to give up, but in that case I'm seriously at the point of just ending all this pain (both from this specific situation and all the issues I deal with every second if every minute of every hour of every day). I've been unhappy before, but I've never really understood despair before these past several days.
I thought posting this, no matter how painful it has been to put these feeling into text here, would maybe be helpful. It hasn't so I'm just going to cut it short. I actually feel worse now having posted but I'll leave it as it is in the hopes that my saying this "something" may possibly help you, OP, or anyone else feel better about their particular problems.
Good luck OP. I too appreciated the memories your punk rock thread brought back. Thanks also to beansidhe cuz without your post in this thread above I wouldn't have even seen it (she's a buddy I think I made here, the only one really, based on her thoroughly intelligent and interesting threads/posts - if you haven't you should take a look at them).
I'm not sure where I'll go from here if anywhere if this beautifully warm and loving person (who made a couple stupid mistakes in lying to me) should decide I'm not worth attempting to work on and fix the situation we find ourselves in. I guess I am just one truly messed up individual. More so than I even realized until today and to a lesser extent until posting this.
Thanks again OP and Beansidhe.
edit on 6/5/14 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join