It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama dire climate report more certain than ever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well ATS, it seems that scientists are sounding the horn on the climate change issue once again. Only this time they are saying that things are happening sooner than expected; as in starring right now.

"We're already seeing extreme weather and it's happening now," Wuebbles said Monday. "We're seeing more heat waves, particularly in the West and in the South."

This final report is a rewritten and shortened version of a draft that was released in January 2013, with more scientific references, reviews by experts and the public, and a thorough review by the National Academy of Sciences, said Wuebbles and report lead author Gary Yohe of Wesleyan University in Connecticut. There is even stronger evidence than in 2013, Yohe said.

Nineteen different state records were set for individual months, such as the hottest January in California this year. Six were for heat: Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and California. Nine states set monthly records for being too wet: Iowa (twice, setting records for April and May last year), Georgia, Michigan, New Jersey, Florida, Colorado, Oregon and Washington. Two states set records for lack of rain: New Mexico and Utah. Two set records for coldest individual months: Maine and North Dakota.

I think it's time to stop denying or debating climate change and take action. We can't stop industries that are believed to be major contributors-cold turkey because that would be detrimental to the world economy, but something has to be done. I think we need to move to an economy that's more Solar power driven, but that would take years upon years to do so I'm not so sure. What say you, ATS?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I think arguing against taking steps to curve pollution, regardless of climate change being man made or not, IS akin to arguing your right to crap on the living room carpet.

We are lent this world from our children, its common sense to try and at least keep what we can, under control.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Not pollution in US anyway.
edit on 5-5-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
I think arguing against taking steps to curve pollution, regardless of climate change being man made or not, IS akin to arguing your right to crap on the living room carpet.

We are lent this world from our children, its common sense to try and at least keep what we can, under control.

Thank you for saying that.

In my opinion it seems that most climate change resistance is really rooted in people not wanting to be inconvenienced which is pretty much like a person arguing for the right to crap on the living room carpet because he couldn't be bothered to walk into the bathroom.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: benrl

Thank you for saying that.

In my opinion it seems that most climate change resistance is really rooted in people not wanting to be inconvenienced which is pretty much like a person arguing for the right to crap on the living room carpet because he couldn't be bothered to walk into the bathroom.

Its the first thought I have, the instant someone opens up their mouth about the Agenda behind climate change.

I really don't care, of all the things people politicize, the very basic thought that we should be able to breath the air SHOULD NOT BE POLITICAL.

Maybe growing up in the Smog HELL that was L.A. During the 80s, not being able to go outside, having sever asthma and being hospitalized near constantly...

Well, That left an impact on the importance of cleaning up after ourselves.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: benrl

i feel the same, it Doesn't matter if its real or not, breaking the power that big electricity providers/polluters have over society is just good management.

reduce our costs, reduce our pollutions...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: okamitengu
a reply to: benrl

i feel the same, it Doesn't matter if its real or not, breaking the power that big electricity providers/polluters have over society is just good management.

reduce our costs, reduce our pollutions...

I've been called many things, and a Tree huger is not one of them.

I am a Gun NUT, MEAT eating carnivore.

I am super libertarian, I believe in the right of people to self govern and determination as much as the next guy.

AS long as that does no harm to another,

Its the one issue I have with the libertarian view, the Environment.

I believe in things like the preservation of the park services, and national land,

Hell once looking at the numbers behind Cow production, even the Rabid carnivore in me, had to admit the stupidity of it all.

We all have to do our part, Especially in the land of consumption that is the US.

If I can eat less steak ( A HUGE SACRIFICE)

A car company can spend more on exhaust tech, or alternative energy.

Its for our future, and we can't even be bothered.

That right there says enough about the sickness in our society.

No personal accountability or responsibility to those that come after US.

edit on 6-5-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
For those who are worried about global warming, the best thing you can do right now to help mitigate the problem is self terminate.

You owe it to the starving children in Sudan, Somalia, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, etc, and if you're really a compassionate person, you'll self terminate somewhere out in the desert to give back to mother nature. After all, coyotes and buzzards gotta eat too you know.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UUpentium
For those who are worried about global warming, the best thing you can do right now to help mitigate the problem is self terminate.

You owe it to the starving children in Sudan, Somalia, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, etc, and if you're really a compassionate person, you'll self terminate somewhere out in the desert to give back to mother nature. After all, coyotes and buzzards gotta eat too you know.

Don't get me started,

Its why I at least consider all the population control Conspiracies.

Why? Because I know what My first thought is when I hear people are too stupid to worry about at least mitigating the impact of an industrial civilization...

Im all about qualifiers for life.

Preventing stupid from breeding,

Euthanasia and an 18 year abortion window.

Wage as much war away from home, thin the heard, cull the stupid, etc.

But than, its probably a good thing the level of influence I have amounts to Zero.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

You say climate change is happening "right now"!!!!! - please name me a time in history when climate change was NOT happening. (just so I can tell the difference between happening and not happening)

You say we have to control pollution - of course we do! But what has controlling the discharge of CO2 got to do with pollution. CO2 is a natural and integral part of the air! How is CO2 a pollutant.

You all seem to be confused between pollution and CO2.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I agree we should take care of this planet a lot better than we have. That being said anybody who honestly believe that climate change has anything to do with humans as apposed to the sun should find this educational. Remarkably the four inner panets of our solar system average temperatures have pretty much mirrored earch other with the increase and sometimes decrease of there average temperatures. So either our pollution is so bad that were not only having man made climate change hear on earth but our pollution is reaking havoc on half of the other panets in our solar system. Or there is another reason. But no one ever wants to talk about them..... that our climate change is directy attributed to the sun and the energy output. Which fluctuates with its solar cycles.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Why must liberals always try to control everything? if its not "man made" global cooling (the 1970's ), its " man made" global warming (present). But do any of you remember the mid to late 80's when the scientists warned that our ozone layer was depleting due to mans polluting ways. I remembed in my sixth grade science class we were read an article from I think popular mechanis magazine that said by the year 2010. That it wouldn't possible to walk outside without in the sunlight with out getting radiation burns on our skin......... but we have obviously moved on to the there newest form of control (since global cooling, and then man made ozone depletion didnt pan out for them like they wanted. ........ global warming yeah!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Well ATS, it seems that scientists are sounding the horn on the climate change issue once again. Only this time they are saying that things are happening sooner than expected; as in starring right now.

l

Climate Change sounds a lot more scary than Climate Variation
and that is the control mechanism the elites are using on the dumbed-down masses

ADD

click a search: Hadley cell wind

connect the dots of the developing El Nino & the atmospheric ash from volcanoes with the global wind cells & prevailing winds and you will have solved this sudden acceleration of climate fluxuation (move along, the scare-doom from the Obama regime is a replay of the anti-muslim video that ignited the Benghazi protest turned militant attack)

edit on th31139936701006032014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31139936705306042014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: traintrain
Why must liberals always try to control everything? if its not "man made" global cooling (the 1970's ), its " man made" global warming (present). But do any of you remember the mid to late 80's when the scientists warned that our ozone layer was depleting due to mans polluting ways. I remembed in my sixth grade science class we were read an article from I think popular mechanis magazine that said by the year 2010. That it wouldn't possible to walk outside without in the sunlight with out getting radiation burns on our skin......... but we have obviously moved on to the there newest form of control (since global cooling, and then man made ozone depletion didnt pan out for them like they wanted. ........ global warming yeah!

We stopped using CFC's...

thats what helped the ozone...

christ almighty this is why we can't have nice things.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
No one is stopping the industry from making changes. What people have a problem with is governments wanting to add new taxes. IMO they should target pollution over worrying about CO2. Look at how much pollution going on in places like China and India. Like over 60% of the water ways in China are polluted. You can't tell me none of that is ending up in the ocean.

The world should be paying countries like Brazil not to clear cut rain forests. We should be planting trees on unused land around the world to offset pollution and all the trees we cut down to build homes or to make products out of.

The only reason the government is pushing global warming or climate change is so they can add a new tax revue. Once they get use to receive that much extra revue.Will never be able to get rid of it the tax.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Where are all the Right-Siders Opposing this???Afraid???

Just a few days ago there was "no such thing" as climate change, and "no such evidence". This really grinds my gears. The evidence have been present for years and only NOW are we making a prominent report that gives a strong Rick James Slap the Nay-Sayers???

Clean Renewable, Free Energy for All. Remove Nuclear Dependency.
Science has found and proven technology that could have prevented such global tragedy. But those gosh darn lobbyist are too greedy and will have a "special seat" in "hell" when they arrive.

Regards,

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So this will be a justification in raising taxes without any actual concrete alternatives?

How much is this "doom" going to cost me?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm all for taking care of the planet. I am NOT for raising everyone's taxes. The two have nothing to do with each other.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

If something isn't done, then It might just cost you your life.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

originally posted by: beezzer

If something isn't done, then It might just cost you your life.

So we're using fear to justify a raise in taxes and more government authority.

*swell*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join