It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's Human Rights Council Accidentally Posts Real Crimean Election Results; Only 15% Voted For A

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The website of the “President of Russia’s Council on Civil Society and Human Rights” posted a blog that was quickly taken down as if it were toxic radioactive waste. According to the Council’s report about the March referendum to annex Crimea, the turnout was a maximum 30%. And of these, only half voted for annexation – meaning only 15 percent of Crimean citizens voted for annexation.

The fate of Crimea, therefore, was decided by the 15 percent of Crimeans, who voted in favor of unification with Russia (under the watchful eye of Kalashnikov-toting soldiers).

Putin's Human Rights Council Accidentally Posts Real Crimean Election Results; Only 15% Voted For Annexation

Dear conspiracy theorists - this is what a REAL government sponsored conspiracy looks like - even the Russians with their censorship and hard-wired internet monitoring (none of this namby-pamby software eavesdropping rubbish!) can't manage to keep their house in order.

and of course it is not surprise to anyone who looks for news outside of RT.com that Putin is revealed to be as dishonest and corrupt as you all fear your own govt to be!

+3 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Ah, the "If you're not with us, you're with the terrorist!" crowd.

After reviewing the Forbes page and the link to the "evil Russians" blog, etc, I find nothing to support this whole premise. Please provide a valid link, a cached page, a screenshot, anything will do. More neocon propaganda from what I can see.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I wonder how many voted to change Ukraine's government to what it is now? Maybe a thousand people max. They never even had an election on changing who they were to ally with. Did the people even have a choice?

I'm wondering of the validity of the present Ukrainian government myself. It seems about the same as if all of congress decided to join Russia. We wouldn't have a vote, we elected congress and they vote for us.

The whole of Ukraine seems to be plagued with corruption. Poor regular people over there, stuck between a rock and a hard place.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well look at that. This entire Crimea situation was funny from the get go. When it all went down there were like 3 different stories as to what was happening and I didn't know what to believe while others reigned hailed Putin or the opposite.

Still, the situation is unclear to me. Now I hear the noise about the petrodollar dying being the real cause, which seems interesting.

The thing about this whole voting thing is that... No matter who or what you vote for, you never really know who or what somebody else voted for. There is no real way of knowing the truth about voting numbers because I've always thought it to be likely that the ones that count the numbers always mess around with them and there is nobody to really know. The worse part is that it more democratic so that if your vote isn't picked you feel obligated to fall suit with what the 'majority' wants and you'll never speak out about it.

Modern voting is a bunch of croc imho.

+2 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wonder how many voted to change Ukraine's government to what it is now? Maybe a thousand people max. They never even had an election on changing who they were to ally with. Did the people even have a choice?

20,759,472 people voted in the 2012 parliamentary elections which returned every single member of het current interim administration - about 58% of those eligible.

Must suck to have such poor research as you do!!

link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Ah, the "If you're not with us, you're with the terrorist!" crowd.

After reviewing the Forbes page and the link to the "evil Russians" blog, etc, I find nothing to support this whole premise. Please provide a valid link, a cached page, a screenshot, anything will do. More neocon propaganda from what I can see.

No kidding!

Forget about the western interference and the IMF, it's all about that EVIL PUTIN! roflmao

link   
double post
edit on 5-5-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Putin is evil. Propaganda is bad. The cold war never ended. And I am not for blind patriotism, but dude, you're basically a traitor.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

A thread is already going - here.

Im not sure how the rule works with posting in both breaking news threads.

It does not matter to me which one is used.

edit on 5-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ninipe

Putin is evil. Propaganda is bad. The cold war never ended. And I am not for blind patriotism, but dude, you're basically a traitor.

Try looking up some facts about the Nazi's that the US put into power in the Ukraine!

As far as you calling me a traitor, I did my time and service for this corrupt country!

What have you done?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Try looking up some facts about the Nazi's that the US put into power in the Ukraine!

As far as you calling me a traitor, I did my time and service for this corrupt country!

What have you done?

You should research yourself before making a claim that is not supported by any facts.

The Parliament of Ukraine was elected in 2012 and Russia accepted the results from their observers. The Parliament in Ukraine is lawful since they were elected by the people.

The coup in Crimea on the other hand was illegal, as was the vote as we can see.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

What have you done?

Pay no heed, its the rule of the day now.

Against Imperialism, Traitor.

Against US troops dying for foreign causes, Traitor.

Against the War economy, Traitor.

Against Big Business running the Government, Traitor.

For the Constitution and the rights of the people, Traitor.

The easiest way to silence objections to current government Policy, is to make the people speaking out, the enemy.

Its McCarthyism all over again.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Chillax, no offense intended.
Just saying, it wasn't the US who put Neonazis in power, # just happened. People make their own decisions and have their own opinions, even if you're paying them. Also it was probably German/European money. And not your country is corrupt, individuals are.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

What have you done?

You should research yourself before making a claim that is not supported by any facts.

The Parliament of Ukraine was elected in 2012 and Russia accepted the results from their observers. The Parliament in Ukraine is lawful since they were elected by the people.

The coup in Crimea on the other hand was illegal, as was the vote as we can see.

Are they Nato?

Did the disarmament treaty have any teeth regarding Violations?

No?

Than we just need to sit this one out, The US is broke enough.

We can't afford Education and Health care, yet we can afford to set up franchise democracies around the world?

ITs all bull.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

No. I am just asking to think about what's worse. And I like freedom of speech and all that.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

What have you done?

Try again!

Unless of course you are opposed to the talking points being shoved down your throat! Your choice!

Watch the video and then refute the FACTS! Otherwise, you just blew your cover!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

No. I am just asking to think about what's worse. And I like freedom of speech and all that.

Whats worse?

Letting our allies handle their crap when it arises,

How about the US stop holding the water for all these foreign interest?

Ill tell you who I view as a traitor, since we are expressing free speech.

Anyone that wants our tax dollars going to any interest other than the PEOPLES.

This includes the Military industrial complex that keeps selling us these foreign interventions any chance they can, and the blind sheep that cheer it on while our best and brightest get maimed on foreign soil.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Och, now I just want to hug you. And you're right, the US shouldn't be involved at all. The problem pretends not to be a Russian marionette, to be a woman and a politician, though she is clearly a chemist gone crazy... Angie

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

respectfully what does your post response have to do with my response to seeker1963?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join