It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence is Good

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gallowglaich

Yeah thats it Iam frightened by a person on the internet....lol.
You really believe your own BS don't you?.
No I just don't want to see any pics of you showing off scars and bloody knuckles I am not 14 I have grown out of that stuff years back.

edit on 6-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I have the blood of the gallowglass in my veins, none of you would even dare to speak to me in person. You would be humble and respectful, and you would listen silently in resignation and agreement with all that I say.

Also, I am not young, I am a wise old man like my profile picture indicates.
edit on 6-5-2014 by Gallowglaich because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Maybe an old man but certainly not wise.
Lets look at some real wise men and their thoughts on violence shall we.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov

Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Mahatma Gandhi

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!

Albert Einstein

Wise men do not look for violence they use it as a last resort and understand the consequences on using it.

Boymonkey

edit on 6-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

So I should live by the words of a fop, a pacifist, a Jew, and a monkey? I don't think so.

My ancestors were the gallowglass, none of you can compare with me!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Wow just wow.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
One of the most valuable pieces of information I got from a Tae-kwon-do master, is that the first one to get angry loses. Keep your thinking straight. And trust me, I've got the scars, broken bones, and a poorly functioning left eye from all the times I lost my temper in an ugly situation.

(post by Gallowglaich removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Now I know you are just having a laugh.
So I am scum am I?.
Been fun but now I will leave you because it is all empty threats and honestly doing this over the internet just makes me cringe for you.
Embarrassing on your part.
cya.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
You say violence between two consenting men is a good thing?

What happens when one party doesn't consent, say your as hard as you say you are and try to pick a fight with me or whoever and they didn't want to fight?

What then, just break their jaw etc?

Eventually acting like that will get you killed, when you cross a man who knows a man who knows a man who'd help the victim get his own back, such as shooting, stabbing or jumping you when you'd least expect it. What then?

It's all just a backward point of view that's hardly even worth fathoming. The greatest men in history only used violence when it was necessary, these are the men and women who created the world we live in.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gallowglaich

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Violence should be a last resort in every scenario. But let's say you cannot avoid a violent conflict, then take that person to the cleaners.

What about people that take pleasure in it? Some people find great joy in an good old fashioned man to man fight.

Some people find pleasure in smoking crack also but it doesn't mean it's right or healthy for you.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Lol, I had to look up what a metro sexual was lol.

I think I know your problem your an old cranky guy who is in the closet and the only reason you like to fight is so you can roll around the floor with other men, am I right?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gallowglaich
a reply to: boymonkey74

So I should live by the words of a fop, a pacifist, a Jew, and a monkey? I don't think so.

My ancestors were the gallowglass, none of you can compare with me!

What's your problem with Jews?

I am Jewish and I think your attitude is disgraceful - calling people names because they're not 'big tough guys' like you, and insulting an entire religion. I'd take the advice of any of the people in boymonkey74's post over the advice of a bitter and twisted 'hard man' like you. It's great that the ideas of your generation are dying off with the 'hard men' who made them.

It's so easy to run off at the mouth about how tough you are, but I think the toughest are those who know how to avoid violence. I went to school with a few 'tough guys' and I know that 2 of them are dead, and one is in prison for assault and battery (multiple times) on his girlfriend.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I agree that violence has its place. To say otherwise is childish idealism and more often than not produces such frustration that uncontrolled violence is the result. We must embrace our human nature in order to master it.

I see all those people who denounce all violence and valid emotions we feel as broken animals. When you know yourself you can find peace with others. When you just deny it and act like you are special and not human like the rest of us, you end up causing more discord since you need to judge others below you in order to keep up that facade.

Sometimes we want to hurt people....its normal.

I think the most dangerous hurt is psychological. I will leave you with Khan.....

edit on 5 15 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I think using violence is stupid...

At the moment it felt good but now I am older regret the momemt I kicked somes ass into hospital.

No matter which way or how you turn it, there is nothing good about violence and nothing good will come from it.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

......none of you would even dare to speak to me in person.

You reckon?
Really?

Its my experience that people who brag about 'fighting' and 'violence' are usually pretty crap at it.

Hey, but who cares?

Doesn't matter how hard you are - it doesn't make you a good person.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
To reserve sanity and civility...

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join