It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's Hmn Rghts Cncil Accidentally Posts Real Crimean Election Results; Only 15% Voted For Annexa

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
A little further digging into Paul Roderick Gregory tyou will see that his an old oil canned NeoCon whom has already written several articles in favor of going to war in Syria and Iran.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
nvm.. your not worth it
edit on 7-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
www.business-standard.com...

Several media outlets in Russia's St. Petersburg city, and a popular online news broadcaster, Dozhd (Rain), came under hacker attack Thursday.

"There has been a DDoS attack going since (Thursday) morning. Our IT service is doing everything possible to get the site back up and running. This is a very serious attack," said the editor-in-chief of the St. Petersburg-based online newspaper Fontaka.ru.

Other sites affected include Novaya Gazeta and Ekho Moskvy in St Petersburg.

Russian internet users also reported problems with the nationwide sites for Novaya Gazeta, Ekho Moskvy and Russian Forbes..

As expected , website hacked , reports changed and Propaganda starts .

BUSTED

Hoax thread , will alert mods to close it

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
keep proof nit 135 international observers from 23 countries youtu.be... residents reaction to the outcome of the referendum youtu.be... lie alleged Russia disconnected in Crimea Ukrainian TV internet and water youtu.be... to keep facts

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hahaha, first it's 125% of voters, now it's 15%.

You guys are grasping at so many straws that you're really only building another hay bale in your wake.

And even if it was 30%, that's still pretty damn good considering that established "democracies" like the USA and Canada pull in about 50% of the electorate.

The Forbes article itself is tabloid-quality trash. First thing he writes is a complete lie, when he said "NO observers" were allowed to oversee the elections. Very credible reporting.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Oh come on, We knew Crimea would vote to join Russia, just as we know the majority of Eastern Ukraine would too.

This is just stupid beyond belief.
edit on 7-5-2014 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
First off, how is this surprising to anyone??? We're talking about a country commonly known as the USSR! We're talking about a country whos leader is a former KGB agent who is only the leader today because he's completely gamed the Russian system to his benefit! We're talking about a man in Putin who is estimated to have a net-worth of OVER $70 billion! Putin himself could have finances the excursion into Crimea using his own fortune! Hell, he probably could have bought Crimea using said fortune...

The rulers today aren't exactly like the ones who lived during the days of the USSR. However, their mentality is similar in that they do not give a damn about the average citizen in their country, much less outside it. They only care about extending their wealth, their rule, their way. Thats it! And that is where they are similar to the soviets. They just don't give a damn! Who will oversee their corruption?

originally posted by: benrl
Wow, just a little worse than your Average US election results, around 45-55 percent, so you figure about what a quarter of the US population decides who our leader is.

Really, election and polls, as the US has shown, can be made to say really just about anything.

a "little worse"??? Look, I'm by no means suggesting that there is not corruption in the US system. I'm convinced that there is, especially when you have billions of dollars involved. However, a few things about elections in the US. International observers are allowed and present at key voting booths around the country.

Another thing, only those who are voting age can vote. So of course a population of 315 million will not vote at 100% because not everyone is of voting age. I think last election the voter turnout was 57%. In 2008, it was in the 60's. Clearly not everyone that can vote, is voting. But it isn't 25% of eligible voters who are voting...

This was MUCH worse than what we've seen in the US pretty much ever. It was blatant fraud and the Kremlin knew it! First they flood Crimea with Russian soldiers armed to the teeth, then they flood the "interim" Government with Pro-Russian officials, who then hold an illegal vote which it turns out was tampered with to the point of absurdity! Here in the US, we don't typically have armed soldiers around every corner intimidating US citizens to vote a certain way, nor do we have the level of corruption that the Russians do...

We have corruption here...but it is far less apparent than it is in Russia. In Russia, it is out in the open, and everyone sees it and knows it...but is completely powerless to stop it.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Ignore the forbes. That's just ad hominem. Go directly to the source.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: Xcathdra

Oh so your source is just Forbes?

Thank you, I was wondering about that.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Sorry, Xcathadra, you decide, but Putin said in March that his invasion is "humanitarian mission". Was he right?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The original source is Ukranian.....Hardly likely to be unbiased is it?

Feeble propaganda promulgation.....Must try harder!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

We can look at the numbers all we want but the fact remains the results in Crimea were bogus, the election was illegal and a sham and Putin got caught.

"...the fact remains"

Somehow, I doubt the OP will remain open minded.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadiationAndCancer
a reply to: Catacomb

Hey believe what ever the Hell you want, from the same people who brought you 9/11 building 7 and so on.

If propaganda works on you, frankly that's not my problem, but yours.

First thing they did in Crimea was double the pensions and upped salaries, of course people wanted to secede and keep the better finances

All of the past votes on this very same subject, were logged and recorded, and available online for years. It's not propaganda, but you seem to be pushing your own...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a few things. First off, there were over one hundred international observers allowed, as another poster pointed out, and few, if any, had any condemnations of the election. That right there is enough to discredit the OP's article. Secondly, this was obviously all fomented by the US, as the tapped conversation of Victoria Nuland clearly illuminates in the month before the event. Thirdly, yes, lets all just sit back and enjoy watching. As western banks purportedly already confiscated all of Kiev's gold, and the western brainchild "Austerity" is already being imposed upon kiev (IE western banks excuse to go in and buy up everything at rock bottom discounts), while in crimea pensions and benefits are being expanded, let us see which group will be better off. After all is said and done, any country that the US takes a personal interest in suffers for it. Ask Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Venezuela, Columbia, the list goes on and on......and on.
Further, I saw the OP attacking another poster in another thread about saying the kiev group were run by neo Nazis, a claim that is strongly ignored in American press. According to Robert Perry of the associated press, they are very much neo Nazis with strong ideological and historical ties to the third reich. The people at the recent burning painted "Galician SS" on the side of the burned down building in Odessa, in reference to a Ukrainian nationalist army that fought along with the German SS during WWII.

From his article "One of the heroes celebrated during the Maidan protests in Kiev was Nazi collaborator Stepan Bandera, whose name was honored in many banners including one on a podium where Sen. John McCain voiced support for the uprising to oust elected President Viktor Yanukovych, whose political base was in eastern Ukraine.

During World War II, Bandera headed the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists-B, a radical paramilitary movement that sought to transform Ukraine into a racially pure state. OUN-B took part in the expulsion and extermination of thousands of Jews and Poles.

Though most of the Maidan protesters in 2013-14 appeared motivated by anger over political corruption and by a desire to join the European Union, neo-Nazis made up a significant number. These storm troopers from the Right Sektor and Svoboda party decked out some of the occupied government buildings with Nazi insignias and even a Confederate battle flag"

One last thing.....Crimea has voted to join Russia twice in the last two decades.....and was refused by Russia those times. Why would the outcome of the election this time, when it was much more necessary, be any different?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

The UNHCR report on the election in Crimea does not support the claims you just made.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So? There are plenty of international observers who oversaw it, you can Google it easily. Anyway, just look at the facts. There is no mass exodus fleeing from Crimea. There are people rapidly leaving Kiev, however. Even the soldiers, when ordered to go out and assault their own people, are often dropping their weapons and joining the dissenters. This should tell you something about the two areas.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Step 1 : Hack *OFFICIAL* Human Rights Council site
Step 2 : Post info, which - if it existed - would be "eyes only" and if not fully on paper, then on intranet with so much security and foolproof measures, that even looking at it would be a complication of it's own
Step 3 : Send link to newsmen (usually, a group of guys you leak or "feed" on purpose, "hot", "exclusive" and sometimes "secret" info (secret info leak = secret info to be disclosed by third party. It's more preferable, if info is disclosed by "fool whithin the system", rather than by the "potential enemy"))
Step 4 : Profit

So old and out of the books...

Exit polls - who cares. International observers - meh. No protests in Crimea - irrelevant. Ignorance is bliss.

Because let's be smart and honest here : why is East Ukraine on fire, then, if they're all so pro-Ukranian and only, what, 15% are pro-Russian. Please explain. Because it doesn't add up. Peace in Crimea; havok in East Ukraine.
And while the official death toll in Odessa was around 45, there are sources that say the number was over 100, many with gunshots and broken bones. One girl was raped, killed and burned crisp to ensure her body was never identified(in a part of the building where there was no open fire). Pictures are on the net. They are horrible. I dare you to look at them first. please do. Lose hope in humanity.
Nothing of that sort is happening in Crimea. I think we all know why.

If the international comminity is not satisfied with the results of the referendum, it sure as hell can be repeated. I wonder what Crimea would vote for after seeing what the new Ukranian power is doing in East Ukraine. Correction. I have 0 doubt WHAT they will vote for. Do you?

So. We have been had. Thanks for the music and fireworks. We can all go home now.
P.S. Nice job, CIA. One point goes off to you.
edit on 8-5-2014 by thegeck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Lol, I wonder what UNHCR has to say about Iraq, Afganistan, Syria, Lybia, Lebannon, South Osetia etc.
Wait, I hear something! Listen!

No I don't. It was only the wind.

Soooo...you were saying?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: thegeck

That the UNHCR report in mid April stated the referendum was pretty much a scam.

ETA - This post was changed to reflect April instead of May.

my apologies

edit on 8-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: It was April and not may

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

UNHCR is okay about elections in countries, that are in the process of a civil war. Also it's been puppeded one too many times already. This makes UNHCR's opinion obsolete to most intelligent people.

If, say, a bad cop, that has ignored all internal police regulations on numerous occasions, does something very wrong and blames it on his colleague, would you believe the bad cop? You're telling me now that you would. Hell, the bad cop might as well be innocent. But statistically, he is most likely to be guilty, because he's often done the same in the past. And UN has been wrong before far too many times. UNHCR says the Crimea Referendum is a scam? What about no referendum in Kosovo. How is that not a scam. No vote - good. Vote with support of international observers - bad. Doesn't make sense to me. So I'm sorry, but I cannot agree, although I respect your opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join