It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did alien abductions increase during the 20th century?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here is your answer in one word, INTERNET. The sharing of info has become a powerful tool. Artists have been painting saucers and could be abduction scenes for hundreds of years, its not new. As for the amount of abductions, there are more and more people now than ever, everything that cant be cured happens to MORE people now than it did hundreds of years ago because there are more people.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92

I am not sure what alien abduction rates were in previous centuries to the last one to make any comparison. Officially there were none and there never have been any.

But there is very little video proof even in the 21st century when any self proclaimed abductee could place a webcam in their bedroom in case of intrusions. Not only that the medical technology explained by the aliens seems rather primitive now compared to our own.

Whilst we can't rule out the possibility there is very little hard evidence other than people's stories to back any of it up.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Uhhhh Whitley Strieber and ?thousands? of others have articulated elaborate electronic security systems and camera systems that have all been neutralized, turned off during the abduction episodes.

There have been exceptions . . . but mostly, that seems to be the pattern with such scenarios.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: mirageman

Uhhhh Whitley Strieber and ?thousands? of others have articulated elaborate electronic security systems and camera systems that have all been neutralized, turned off during the abduction episodes.

There have been exceptions . . . but mostly, that seems to be the pattern with such scenarios.

Articulated, rather then proven. There's an enormous difference there. The UFO field is built upon articulations, rather than fact. It's a problem!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

A lot of murderers have been executed on far less testimonies and on less quality testimonies.

It's a problem.

That's not the same as it's all 100% rubbish.

It doesn't take a high percentage of reasonably accurate testimony to be significant.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Because of mass media more people got the idea and made claims. Same with near death experiences. None prior to the twentieth century. I reply to: depleteduranium92

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You talk like this is real. It's not sorry to say. Don't even ask me to prove they don't exist. That's the cry of the lunatic fringe. You prove it is happening. t reply to: depleteduranium92

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The ancient art that people claim show UFOs don't understand that those flying things were references to the gods of the Sun or moon or both shown ad witnesses of the God of Abraham .9th reply to: cosmikDebris

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
They are all purported. a reply to: draknoir2

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
No.

edit on AMu31u0551957312014-05-06T06:57:57-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
They are all purported. a reply to: draknoir2

That was my point. :-)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Sounded like there were two types to me. Sorry. a reply to: draknoir2

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Stop it. It is not the way it really is. Its all in their heads and mass media has aided the delusion. Where are any abduction stories before the Hills? a reply to: Unity_99

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
As ancient alien theorists believe. My favorite line from the show used every episode. a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Population growth = more mental illness and delusions. Good thing it also equals more psychological medical practitioners. w reply to: Staroth

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I was getting that yesterday. Today's glitch is If I want to go to another page I get a 408 times out request. 'd reply to: data5091

Sorry for the off topic post. Wanted to let member know it's site related.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If the information had been presented for the very beginning like the premise of God it would have been the accepted story. There was no need to delay anything. People would have just accepted it as true the way they accept God is true. Some still do. a reply to: Oannes

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
In this day and age if someone thinks they are being abducted they can just hook up a nanny cam in their bedroom and document the whole thing. Why haven't any of them done that? Why don't we have visual proof of up close encounters that don't turn out to be brooms or CGI ? Tell me that and maybe I can get aboard this boat. Until then it's just a wild claim by people who didn't get enough attention from mommy.
edit on AM000000310000000551922312014-05-06T07:22:51-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Primitive for sure. Just how much can one learn from a colon probe? a reply to: mirageman

edit on AM000000310000000551926312014-05-06T07:26:19-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm afraid that it does equate to rubbish. The complete and utter lack of evidence says something. q reply to: BO XIAN

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join