It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did alien abductions increase during the 20th century?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
and not pre industrial/ renaissance period?

Alien beings have probably 10s of thousands of years if not more to abduct humans. Now some religious would argue that 'God' protected humans from these abductions, on the other scientific side; Aliens were still evolving like us with their technology, they found us through our satellite signals, and/or it was the right time for them to intervene.

Well, I don't go with religion first and don't believe they were evolving like us. There are reports of UFOs on Christopher Columbus' journey in 1492, so it’s likely that they possessed advanced technology before the Stone Age ever began.
I am just puzzled that they would struggle so much to abduct humans with all the modern risks (electronic devices) when they could have come when the world was stuck in superstitions, backwards beliefs, before any records of any events were kept. At that time they could probably have entire tribes in Europe and no one evidence would be left. (Perhaps that’s what did) After doing this they could grow a colony of their own human breeds and not need to come back to earth again.
However we know the majority of abductions have been centred in the 1950-1990.

There are a few reasons why I believe they in the 20th century and not in earlier times,

1) Health and Genetics. Before the industrial age, the world was rampant with diseases such as smallpox, typhoid. Aliens would not have wanted earlier humans as they could have posed a risk to themselves and their plans for interbreeding
Genetics is another important issue. Aliens are said to want humans with rh negative blood and recessive genes. Statistics also show that most abductees are overwhelmingly whites in the United States. So perhaps aliens knew that in the future there would be more rh negative individuals after the formation of the United States as immigrants from Europe settled in the following centuries. Combine this with improved healthcare and America is essentially a genetic pool.

2) Disclosure. This is the theory I believe the most. Alien beings might desire to reveal themselves in the appropriate fashion. The best time would have been when humanity reached or began to reach the climax of knowledge and understanding. The fact that we knew cared so little about the repercussions of where we sent things made it easy for the Aliens to detect our satellite signals and radiation from Nuclear devices.(Technological advancement, spread of secularism). The greys first revealed themselves to the US Government in 1950 which was carefully planned. In fact all the issues surrounding the aliens have been staged to observe the reaction of Humans. These include Reptilians vs. Greys, Alien Abductions, Men in Black, and even UFO Sightings. Sometime in the future, aliens will reveal themselves.

It seems to me that there’s more than meets the eye with Extraterrestrials. Everything that’s happening regarding aliens is being carefully monitored by our governments and other entities. And perhaps the aliens have abducted entire tribes; it’s just that no one can prove otherwise.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My theory: it's simply due to a modern increase in neurosis.
edit on 5-5-2014 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
How do we know they've become more common? I'd say it's an illusion created by the improved methods of communication we have now that they didn't have then. Phones, the internet, television, etc... people are able to tell more people about UFO experiences.

Actually, if you're willing to consider the myriad ancient texts, art, and architecture potentially influenced by, created by, or made in memory of ETs, it seems like our ancestors had a stronger relationship, and more frequent communication, with aliens.
edit on 2014-05-05T07:45:01-05:002014010545kMonAmerica/ChicagobMon, 05 May 2014 07:45:01 -0500 by cosmikDebris because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Books. Pulp fiction. Movies. The news media. Cold War paranoia. Television. The internet.

A distinction should be made between alien abductions and purported alien abductions.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Because the technology was given in stages to deal with population increases, and again the clean technologies and space age hand me downs were given, ie the school upgrades in the past century, but they've clung to their power and there are two sides, one not particular nice who would like to reset the world to primitive mind sets, africa and sharia type cultures and horde it all, depopulate and the other side wants to bring us forward into the solar system progressively, the good side. Our leaders serve the dark side of life but not with consequence to them, because they're failing their own tests.

There is a natural progression, in cycles, with each group of human, to earth school, and technologies are always given or inspired at times when populations grow, as they are meant to grow, to propel space age technologies and cleaner ones. Because earth is a managed school. So well managed that we're all in private rooms at times.

But free will is involved as well, hence things can go positive or negatively.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I dont think that the abdutions increased, i think people just started talking about it more, and giving names to the phenomena,a little bit like the homosexuality it has always been there, but no one talked about it.
edit on 6043031x0000005108am531 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Did they?

How could you do the comparisons between each century and is this world wide?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
In one way, in which everyone has checkups while here, they didn't increase, but increases in overt show and tell wake ups to the population have occurred at different times in history. What I wrote is the real way it is. THat wasn't an opinion.
edit on 5-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Nuclear weapons would be the reason why they would suddenly turn their attention our way. When we set off the first one it was a signal to the rest of the universe we are here and we are dangerous.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: depleteduranium92
and not pre industrial/ renaissance period?

Alien beings have probably 10s of thousands of years if not more to abduct humans. Now some religious would argue that 'God' protected humans from these abductions, on the other scientific side; Aliens were still evolving like us with their technology, they found us through our satellite signals, and/or it was the right time for them to intervene.

It's ironic that you talk about alien abductions and bring in religions a sentence later, BUT DON'T SEE THE LINK.

I myself hold the same view as eg. Jacques Vallee.

Alien abductions and encounters have well occurred throughout history, possibly even since ancient times.
It's a matter of interpretation. The phenomenon is the same.

"Demons", "Angels", "religious experiences", to a large extent ARE possibly encounters with aliens although reported in a religious context. Why? Well, because obviously in ancient times, people did not KNOW about aliens, space ships, other worlds out there. They did not have another explanation as interpreting an alien encounter as a religious experience, a being coming from heaven was NOT an "alien" space traveler but obviously...a godly being, an "angel" or a "demon" who visited them at night. I mean seriously, the parallels for me are more than obvious. You can freely interchange your "angels", "demons", "aliens", "succubus" etc. it's one and the phenomenon just reported differently depending on cultural context.

I even go MUCH further. I may have a controversial stance there, I don't care. I am boldly claiming that religions are possibly stemming from alien encounters, they are the primary reason that religions had been "made" in the first place.

Go back in history and research ancient texts, the myths of cultures about how they say we humans were created, the myths about "gods from the heavens" and "angels". Look into how many religious beliefs and how many of them literally describe the "gods" and their craft, some even going so far as literally saying that "the gods" were coming from the stars, some even literally describing those craft and the "gods", eg. the Hindus but many, many more.

Seriously, you don't see the parallels here? Don't you see that you can freely interchange "demons", "angels", "aliens" ..it's all the same thing!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
We will always have "Fátima", and the day when the sun came down to earth: "the miracle of the sun".

en.wikipedia.org...
www.livescience.com...
www.csicop.org...

a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

edit on 6300731xu2009am531 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The extra-terrestrial hypothesis has been debated since Ancient times (eg. Epicurus), and in the 18th Century was quite a popular topic. Kant and Voltaire went on about it a lot, and a guy called Swedenborg claimed to have spoken to 'spirits and angels' from other planets in Earths in Our Solar System Which Are Called Planets and Earths in the Starry Heavens; Their Inhabitants, and the Spirits and Angels There, from Things Heard and Seen. Perhaps during this time people did have similar sightings, they just weren't categorised as Alien Abduction Experience in the media.

Media exposure has certainly had a big influence in the 20th century since it became big news, and not just in the increased volume of reports. It is likely to have had a psychological affect on some people too with sleep paralysis episodes frequently containing aliens, and false memories common at one stage (at one point hypnotherapists would basically induce false memories into people through asking leading questions about aliens).

There has also been a lot more going on in the sky in the the 20th century. All those military aircraft no-one was supposed to know about, they were certainly UFO's, just not aliens (probably).

Also, population increase has meant there are more people available to make these reports. Between 1500-1900 the US and UK populations increased ten-fold. The world population in 1900 was 1.5billion.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Population growth = more abductions.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I would say 'reports' of abduction have increased somewhat in the common man's ability to access mass communications ... that's all.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm blaming crack and purple drank..

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92
Operation paperclip might explain a lot.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92

. . . Uhhhhh . . . because . . .

1. This is the same era as the 2,000 year old predicted regathering of the children of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob back to their God-given lands.

2. This is the same era as the critters/fallen angels' boss's millenia long planned OVERT conquest of the whole planet in a comprehensive tyrannical global government and super tyrannical global one world religion . . . as predicted.

3. This is the same era predicted in the same book when

(A) knowledge would be massively increased

(B) people would travel to and fro upon the planet--evidently in massive numbers and rapidly

(C) people would travel in vehicles with lights and rapidly

(D) there would be very dramatic, unprecedented, unusual "signs in the heavens"

(E) there would be a massive increase in lawlessness

(F) there would be a massive increase in calling good evil and evil good; black white . . .

(G) there would be a massive increase in fractured families and rebellion therefrom

(H) there would be a massive increase in fractured shallow, obsessive and meaningless sexual focus & sexual acting out

(I) there would be a massive increase in fears, chronic fear and chronic anxiety

(J) there would be a massive increase in the devastations from war

4. This is the same era which is scheduled to conclude with the OVERT AND SUPER DRAMATIC OBJECT LESSON THAT no individuals, no families, no groups, no neighborhoods, no cities, no counties, no nations, no planet, no galactic cluster, no multiverse can do well apart from an intimate relationship with Creator God and following His plans and values.

5. The critters are scheduled to be integral in forcing the global government and one world religion onto the planet's serfs and slaves and all else . . . under pain of death for failure to comply. Some may be cast as our attackers. Some may be cast as our saviors. They are all working for the same dark lord to the same dark ends.

= = =

18. "No one will enter the New World Order unless he or she will make a pledge to worship Lucifer. No one will enter the New Age unless he will take a Luciferian Initiation." David Spangler, Director of Planetary Initiative, United Nations

From the first link below:

twoday.net...

www.crossroad.to...

www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

twga...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
test, moderators please disregard this. I have been unable to respond to posts this morning, up until just now, and getting a constant message stating "timed out". Can you explain this to me please? Thanks!
edit on 05am31am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 05am31am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've heard the argument that these experiences have always happened, but they are just described differently throughout the ages. So what today is an alien abduction, 1000 years ago may have been a meeting with gods/angels/spirits. As we catch up with this apparently alien technology, we are able to better describe it. Ancient man, having a limited understanding of the technology involved, would be at a loss to describe and may use terms that are relevant to the time like "chariot" and might describe aliens as "angels" or "demons".

Also, there were no alien abduction forums 100 years ago. There may have been as many then as there are now, but we just wouldn't know because it wasn't recorded. Lots of people weren't literate, or couldn't afford writing supplies. And even if a person did record such an event, if that record isn't reproduced and widespread, it would quickly be lost to time.
edit on 5-5-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
We came to a collective point, of being able to deal with knowledge of our star ancestry. Contact is right around the corner. The world can't go on as it is anyways. It's been time for a global change.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join