It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cigarettes and the FDA conspiracy to stop them.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DerbyGawker

It has to be proven that harm is being done. No proof exists for that, so all the pushing for bans of these devices that's going on is based on fear and propaganda, not scientific evidence. It's being based on off-the-wall what-ifs and "OMG but what about the children!"

Well, the children here are being driven around in stinky, polluting, oil-burning school buses.

It's a bunch of bunk and it all just needs to needs to

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoherentlyConfused

It has to be proven that harm is being done.

The hell it does, you have to prove it's safe.

First you erroneously claim nicotine isn't a poison. Then you deny established science linking it to heart disease. Then you deny it doesn't produce second-hand contaminants.

Even though all of the established, accepted science stands contrary to your position. Too bad the government is going to regulate it based on science and not opinion, otherwise you would be home free.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The problem here is that you're lying. Please show me a study that proves nicotine causes cardiovascular disease.

I have a feeling you read this NY times article since you mentioned coil temperature earlier. Read the third post and read the study as well.

oh god formaldehyde

You are exhaling formaldehyde right now. You can pretend the quantities of these substances don't matter, but it is a valid point. If you are seriously scared about any amount of formaldehyde, stop breathing.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BanTv

Please show me a study that proves nicotine causes cardiovascular disease.

Go ask the Surgeon General to prove his claim. Or login to your local library and search EBSCOHOST for countless medical journals.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you don't understand about 'smoking studies don't apply here'.

Read the Drexel study and stop spewing propaganda and lies.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Derby: I want to appologize for coming off as hostile. I'm just passionate about this subject because I know ecigs could save the lives of many millions. I'm here to learn, so if you can show me a study that shows nicotine causes heart disease, I'll humble myself and admit I was wrong. The thing is, I don't believe there are any studies that show this. Just nicotine, not tobacco smoke.

Nicotine is a stimulant and a vasoconstricter. I'm sure some people shouldn't use it or abuse it. The issue I have is the blanket statement that it causes heart disease. The closest thing to ecigs that has been studied is snus. What has been shown is that there might be a *slightly* higher chance of heart disease or dying from a heart attack. Slightly higher. Of course many of those in the studies were also ex-smokers, so was the slightly higher risk due to smoking in the past? We don't know. What we can gather from the availabe data is that at the very *worst*, nicotine use will *slightly* increase heart disease risk. Not this 'it absolutely causes heart disease' sillyness.

I have to also mention caffeine. Is everyone freaking out about caffeine? It's a stimulant and vasoconstricter. It probably slightly increases heart disease risk. Is the FDA saving the public from caffeine? No, 3/4 of the world population enjoy that socially acceptable drug. A substance that is more foreign to the body than nicotine. I know there is a difference in that people don't blow coffee in the air for others to breathe, but my point stands. Caffeine is no better than nicotine, possibly worse. Where is the outcry to save the children? Oh right, their parents probably drink coffee, soda, or tea.

This whole issue is about money, not public health. We could literally have a smoke-free world in a generation or two, and people are against this why? The anti-tobacco groups are against ecigs why? Money, lots and lots of money. Truly disgusting.
edit on 10-5-2014 by BanTv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This is insane...
Do you guys HONESTLY belive that
there will EVER!! be a truly UNBIASED
studie either way....?!?!?

Seriously?!?!?

Its ALL about:
1: Money
2: Control
3: Agendas

NOTHING else...
And anyone beliving otherwise is probly
not stable.....

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The e cigarette has healed the asthma I had from smoking.

They have saved my breathing, helping me to quit a 7 year half pack or so a day.

I sure hope they do not BAN the flavors! I like to not inhale on my big vmax on high,
smoke it like a cigar..

The FDA is in the pocket of big tobacco.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BanTv

I know there is a difference in that people don't blow coffee in the air for others to breathe

No, but when it's freshly brewed and you smell that wonderful smell, or when you're standing outside at the bus stop with your neighbor and she's drinking a fresh, hot steaming cup of heaven, that's vapor and particles being released into the air from the coffee that you're smelling. And it may contain trace amounts of caffeine! LOL Ban it!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
A couple of updates, this is a request to the FDA for an additional 105 days to give us a 6 month window to comment on their proposed deeming regulation.

FDA, which took more than three years to issue its 241-page Proposed Regulation (and accompanying 81-page regulatory impact analysis), has given us a mere 75 days to comment. While responding in that timeframe is challenging under any circumstances, the FDA has also posed, by our count, 99 requests for information about THR products (this does not include repeat questions or questions specifically pertaining to cigars). Given the length of time FDA has taken to release the proposed regulations, the massive amount of information FDA is requesting, the length of the document itself, and the devastating impact these regulations will have on a product that is estimated to be approximately 99% less hazardous than combustibles, the 75-day comment period is grossly inadequate.

LINK

Witnesses testified at a Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee hearing on the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) proposal to assert authority over electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) and other non-regulated tobacco products.
LINK
The ignorance, out right misinformation and lies regurgitated by these anti e-cig shills is just wrong in so many levels. These fools are trying to sell the idea that if one teen is prevented from getting an e-cig then it's okay if 480 thousand people die from tobacco related diseases.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Read today that "kids" are getting busted for smoking e-cigs with "hash oil" in it. The article said that the smell was "nearly undetectable".

"10 times more powerful than smoking a joint"

Sounds like a tailor made argument for banning e-cigs.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
Read today that "kids" are getting busted for smoking e-cigs with "hash oil" in it. The article said that the smell was "nearly undetectable".

"10 times more powerful than smoking a joint"

Sounds like a tailor made argument for banning e-cigs.

An article is quoted but no references or links...

To bad..

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

There are devices specially made for dry herb and oils- E-cigs are not designed for this usage!
Besides, does anyone really believe that kids are going to stop doing stupid stuff just because their parents are banned from these products? If anything, it will all go underground and people will start 'and already have' building their own devices. Not knowing what you are doing with the electronics and batteries could be dangerous.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well I don’t think that there is any other alternative for tobacco cigarettes expect electronic cigarettes. We can easily find hundreds of quit stories where electronic cigarettes are proved to b best alternative for tobacco smoking.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join