It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cigarettes and the FDA conspiracy to stop them.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

That's a whole other can of worms, just look at the recent FDA approval of powdered alcohol! What could go wrong there??? And they claim to be worried about kids getting hold of ecigs?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthblaze

Vaping uses the same principle that produces haze and fog at a disco. Without it all the lights and lazers would be light dots on the floor. There has never been any mention of this being dangerous to health. I agree that the tobacco companies are behind this as they are losing a lot of money.

I am an ecig smoker as well, going on 5 years, and will make it through half a cigarette before throwing it away in disgust from the friends that hand me one. My sense of smell, taste and breathing have been restored to the natural level.

It is always about the money.
The corporate stooges that cry about regulations stifling business seem to have blinders on not realizing it is the king pin corporations themselves stuffing their politicians pockets with money that are at the heart of them all.

It is certainly not part of the non oligarch class passing these regulations.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Oh how quick they are to ban harmless vaping which has helped millions but yet refuse to pointblank ban cigarettes and all the poisons they put into them. If TPTB were soooo concerned for public health cigs would have been banned years ago but of course they make millions in tax from cigarettes and people's addiction, they make bugger all on an e cig.

If they can regulate them they will and then they can tax them too and suddenly e cigs will be "the healthy alternative" again and more than likely the tobacco companies will start producing their own

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yeah this is bad news, I was surprised it wasnt posted before... as this news has been out for a week and a half, not a month...

I run my own e-juice store, and make all of the liquids myself. There is only 4 common ingredients in my liquids, and most of the other vendors as well... flavoring, USP grade propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, and nicotine if the customer wants it.

This is just a move to hand over the ecig industry to big corporations/big tobacco.

They want to charge $5000 per approval, which my store for instance, carries over 90 flavors. so for 1 flavor, say cotton candy. you need approval for each level of nicotine you want to sell, which for each flavor, I have 4 nicotine options, and 1 no-nic option. which equals to $20,000 per the cotton candy flavor... Then if I wanted every flavor approved, thats 1.8 million dollars. How can anyone possibly afford that?

Whether or not anything has been "proven", all I know is that it worked for me, I feel much healthier, and I know my lungs are clearing up as well as my taste buds. And this is the same story you will hear everywhere from vapers...

Vape on my friends.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: morder1

It gets worse, even the smallest variation in chemical composition or manufacturing standards between two e-liquids will require an individual application to be submitted for each. That includes, but is not limited to variations in nicotine content, package size, VG/PG ratios, and almost certainly packaging and even labeling.
No credible person who has looked at the regulations has suggested that it will cost less than several hundred thousand dollars at a minimum to do all the necessary studies and analyses of the product's effect on tobacco product usage behavior as well as fulfill the additional standards. Some estimates are as high as $10M. Of course Njoy and Blu will get fast tracked to approval, and everyone else will get hung out to dry.
The FSPTCA statutory framework was specifically set up by Congress to deter big tobacco companies from marketing new varieties of tobacco cigarettes, so the barriers placed in their path will be very similar to those facing any e-liquid or vaping equipment manufacturer.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Former 1/2 pack a day smoker here. So much healthier after switching to ecigs and they are so much more enjoyable too.

I did the smart thing and bought an ecig that takes flashlight batteries, 5 gallons of my favorite ejuice, and a bulk pack of 500 replacement coils. Cost me about $900, but still less than I spent per year on regular cigarettes, and at my current heavy usage should last me minimum of 6 years.

Honestly #### the government and their money grabbing ways.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If everyone quit smoking,then they'd have fewer sick people to "protect".

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

1gal= 3785.41 milliliters, at 10mls per day that's 3650mls, so your probably looking at more like five years unless you cut your e-liquid usage down to 8mls or less. I would advise freezing all that juice and cap it off with nitrogen, otherwise I'm afraid it will oxidize to the point it will be useless in a couple of years...Sorry

edit on fSunday1446511f460211 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Great post OP, and I have been seeing the machine in action here in the UK for over a year now.

Along with accelerated smokers switching to vaping, the press soon took up the case for big tobacco, and government whose income took a mighty beating.

I am used to people saying "did you know those things are bad for you" as they are blindly led by the propaganda, then a TV program aired that I missed, but I sure knew it was on air.

Suddenly every man and his dog was cautioning me on the harmful effects of vaping, I was swamped with do-gooders advising about lung cancer, diabetes, liver damage, and even exploding vape sticks!

I told each one that it was all BS, to keep taking our money, but unfortunately you could tell by the look on the faces of the true sheeple that the corporate was working.

Recognizing the trend, I have been looking into making my own vape fluid, I have a stock of parts, and am technically minded enough to knock together a working model.

Stocking up won't do, because it has a shelf life, so home brewing is the future.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
People have to speak the hell up! PRONTO! And refuse to stop selling and buying the vape. I don't like the other kind myself, just the e Juices.

1. people need to say no to them.

2. they need to refuse to ever stop buying and selling this.
edit on 5-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

The ban hammer is going down all across the world. Australians are the latest victims www.electroniccigaretteban.org...

Here is a CBS propaganda piece, complete with misleading, factually incorrect information and outright lies.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

I whole heartedly agree with you fish, I use my Halo Triton and Halo E-Juice and I have cut my actual analog smoking habit by more than half. I am almost to the point to where I don't care if I ever buy another pack a cigarettes again. Though I do actually like smoking regardless of public opinion of it.

As of late, listening to MSM being in Chicago and the imposed ban on E-Cigs is just blatent propaganda of the elite kind.

More than likely I will be purchasing a good quantity of E-Juice seeing this storm on the horizon.

Thanks for the post, SnF

Best regards,

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

I'm going to buy the stuff we need really fast then, but hope that I won't have to resort to making my own ejuice or growing my own tobacco, because that is outrageous.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
nicotine stimulates the brain and allows for free thinking...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
better still is Jesus Christ!

Lee Strobel - The Case for the Resurrection
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What are your thoughts on using these ecigs/vapor equipment indoors? The past couple of weeks been right next to: People using these in the lobby of a gym, in a meeting hall, in a grocery store, at an office cubicle. I feel like this should be used outside and not in a closed environment. Thoughts?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What about the cases of Exogenous lipoid pneumonia that are starting to show up from users of the e-cig?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

In order to comment, I'd first need a link or resource to these cases.

I'd need to know what their mixes were made from, and then i'd need to know what these "various aerosolized industrial materials" as quoted from your link actually are.

From your link:

Exogenous lipoid pneumonia is an uncommon condition resulting from aspirating or inhaling fatlike material, such as mineral oil found in laxatives and various aerosolized industrial materials

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I don't use them anywhere except for outside and my own home and car. It's not that I think they're dangerous (the air you breath indoors anywhere is pretty bad in itself) but I do respect those around me but that's the only reason I don't use them in public.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
What are your thoughts on using these ecigs/vapor equipment indoors? The past couple of weeks been right next to: People using these in the lobby of a gym, in a meeting hall, in a grocery store, at an office cubicle. I feel like this should be used outside and not in a closed environment. Thoughts?

Personally, I try and not vape when children are walking by and I would'nt purposly blow it in somebodies face etc, but even if there are children, they are being exposed to stuff much worse, much more often...

Vapor, is just that, vapor... its like telling people they cant boil water near the lobbys or office.

I vape indoors alot, and often... my car looks like a cheech and chong movie when I get out of it, but its just vapor, no harm done.

I think ive read that as the vapor falls to the ground it cleanses, and removes microbes(as the one main ingredient is anti-microbial)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join