It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 10 shot dead by Right Sector radicals near Slavyansk in eastern Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
rt.com...

Over 10 people have died and around 40 have been injured after members of Right Sector opened fire on civilians in eastern Ukraine, the People’s Mayor of Slavyansk has said.

Another development in the Ukraine crisis within 24 hours. Just earlier today, pro-Russian demonstrators took cover in a trade building in Odessa, which later was lit on fire.

www.npr.org...

As the Kyiv Post reports, the building was set on fire after pro-Moscow demonstrators took cover in a trade union building.

"The Interior Ministry reports that at least 31 people died in the fire, a majority of whom suffocated. Some died in a desperate attempt to escape after leaping from the building's meters-high windows. The Odessa city website, meanwhile, reports that 41 were killed and another 123 injured, according to its preliminary findings.

Back to the shootings.

It appears that locals formed a line to prevent Right Sector members from entering the village, and that's when the shootings happened.

Civilians had reportedly formed a human chain to protect their village from members of the right-wing group.

“In the village of Andreevka (suburb of Slavyansk) during the night people blocked entry to Right Sector members, forming a human chain along the road. Members of Right Sector opened fire, killing over 10 people,” The People’s Mayor of Slavyansk Vyacheslav Ponomarev told Russia’s Interfax news agency in a telephone conversation.

Apparently, the Right Sector members wouldn't even allow civilians to help the wounded.

According to the People’s Mayor, members of Right Sector would not allow anyone to move the wounded and opened fire on people who tried to approach them.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Apparently an Norway EU official is cheering the deaths and claiming that it was the Russians that were behind it, but this EU official was attacked by a lot internet users for making shameful statements.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It really is just a power keg ready to explode....

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Many of Right Sector members gain experience in Middle-East.

Ukrain e: “Right Sector” Leader Dmitry Yarosh Meets with Israeli Ambassador, Pledges Allegiance to the Jewish Race

Now they are not only killing ukrainians (as it was done on Majdan), but guarding the ukrainian soliders who are fed up with the anti terrorist mission and want to escape.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

in zionists msm it will be translated to : "some heavy armed terrorists killed near the russian border to protect the freedom and safety of ukrainian population, ukraine pm declared."

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Fighting has spread to other areas.

10 killed, around 30 injured in Kramatorsk overnight fighting – self-defense leader

10 residents in Kramatorsk died and almost 30 were injured in the fighting that broke out overnight near the eastern Ukrainian city, according to a self-defense leader.

Fighting in Kramatorsk continued into Saturday, with the Ukrainian security forces moving forward despite resistance from self-defense squads.

Earlier, he said that two checkpoints near Kramatorsk had been destroyed and the TV tower had been taken.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Dear visitors, of ATS and this humble planet Earth. Please consider if you want to involve your energy according to the masterplan anymore. As no doubt what happens in Ukraine sounds Important, I invite you to look at the things from other perspective - the trap. I hope your vitality still means something to you. If so, look here, than decide by yourself.

-Your most drunk friend, the Bartender
(and three half-naked widows)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: anHairInTheSoup
a reply to: buni11687

in zionists msm it will be translated to : "some heavy armed terrorists killed near the russian border to protect the freedom and safety of ukrainian population, ukraine pm declared."

Funny, all the media coverage I have seen of this states that the people within the building were shooting Ukrainian's below, and that BOTH SIDES were throwing petrol bombs.

When you have two groups throwing petrol bombs at each other, it's impossible to know who threw the one that set alight to that building.

But, of course, in the mind of the anti-American pro-Russian everything is the fault of "Nazis" in Kiev and Putin is an innocent man, the heavily armed men are all Ukrainian citizens with their own identical Russian guns and uniforms, and the military vehicles that rolled into Crimea were all really just farming vehicles!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

what weapons where the Military using?
Russian or American?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

*SNIP* Read all the articles you wantn I watched over 3 hours of video of the evnt yesterday. I saw NOT ONE bomb come out of that building in 3+ hours of video but I did see Ukrainians throwing at least 20 petrol bombs inside and also firing weapons at the building at random.

*SNIP*
edit on 5/3/2014 by Zaphod58 because: Removed insulting comments

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: maghun
M

Looks like the Ukrainian special forces holding a bunch of crying Russian troops if you ask me.

You can tell they are Russian, the ones without guns lol. Poor loosers!!!!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm amazed that people actually believe the crap that comes out of Ponomarev's mouth. This is the same guy that claimed Simon Ostrovsky was a guest of his and was working on a story for the Russian separatists when in reality he was tied up, beaten, and held captive for a number of days and had his life threatened. Ponomarev is a liar and a thug.

Pro-russians constantly cry about western propaganda yet they eat up the BS propagated by the Russians like candy when it's clear neither side can be trusted to tell the truth. I've seen enough video of the "peaceful" pro-russian protesters to know that they are anything but peaceful. It's a tragedy that people are dying, but pinning everything on right sektor is getting a little old.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

The sad thing is that the unarmed men are the ukrainian "National Guard". They were sent to east in March and promised at about a ten day mission, now they are camping for two month, have no water, food and no salary (Ukraine's army contractual), no written command and they want to go home, because their families are in deprivation at home and they want to work. The masked gunmen are the Right Sector guys, and in the video the "revolutionary volunteers" are pissed off because the "masked extremists" shoot at them earlier.

Rebellion in camp:

Russian source vith videos:

93th separate mechanized brigade, village Cherkassy

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Egoismyname

Thank you for this! Wake up call indeed!!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

You rolling-trolling or what? Look at their uniform and mind the accent. Those are Ukranians.

camopedia.org...

Here. FYI.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Beaten? Haven't heard the OSCE observers say that in neither Western or Russian MM. Where'd you dig that up? 8-) Don't fantasize. Plesae. There age enough rumors of "GRU Special Forces" creating havok and "being arrested all over Ukraine". Were we presented at least one such operative? No. Only talk.
Now there are constant rumors of Russian tanks and soldiers crossing the Ukraine border. Were are they? What, a super-duper cloaking technology used by the "Invading Russian army"? Invisibility potions and all? Mass produced Harry Potter invisibility cloaks? Magic, I tell 'ya! It's magic!
Returning to the captives. Tied up? I believe, they were in the first hours, before they were duly interrogated and their documents thoroughly checked. That's how it works. That's what you do in a military conflict, when a group of unidentified men start snooping around your emplacements.
Held captive - yes. They were held captive. Nobody had any illusions about it. The *official* Ukranian military does the same to Russian reporters, claiming they are "spying" on them. Hello, irony! Same was done to injured Berkut troops. Didn't hear anyone complain and shout about human rights. Captive and tied up, but who gave a damn back then, huh? Viva la Revolucion!
But to be true, Ponomarev was not the only one saying that the OSCE guys are his guests. The captives worded it out in front of dozens of cameras. Why couldn't they say they're being held hostage? Pussied out? Well, totally their problem, then. What, someone would go and shoot them if they did? No. So they said it on purpose. Heard it on German news, btw. OSCE guy speaking in perfect English. "...we have not been touched...we are mayor Ponomarev's guests..."

And hey, liars and thugs is what Ukraine is rich in today. A strategic resourse. Remember that tough lumpy Right Sector bloke with the AKSU, that beat up government officials? The one that "fell and shot himself in the chest...twice". I see you like exposing lies and thugs, so here's my gift to you.

And Dead Seraph, regarding propaganda, you got the whole Internet at your disposal. Feel free to check the info when you think you are being lied to. That's what people on ATS do, God bless them for that.

BTW, according to Yarosh, the leader of Right Sector, they are 10 000 people strong. They are well armed and trained. Just imagine 10K armed nationalists in a country as small as Ukraine. Even half of that is enough to make one worry. Plus, they are officially "helping" the military. In your opinion, Is that NOT good enough to repeatedly mention in the news? Hey, I remember the days when the word "terrorists" was used everywhere, be it food or childcare. Don't remember anyone in the US complaining that "it was getting a little old". Obama still likes to contemplate about the "war on terror". Anyone complaining? Nnnnope.

And hey, If the guys in Donetsk are Pro-Russian troops, then lets be honest here, for once, and call the guys seiging Donetsk Pro-American troops.

Head of CIA visit - check.
US officials' visits - check.
US consultants - check.
US PMC sent to country(may I remind you, that PMCs must get a green light from the CIA to do so) - check.
US support and financial aid - check.
95% of US mass media coverage in favor of current power - check.
US lobby of new power in Ukraine - again, check.

So what we actually have in Ukraine, if we cut out the BS, is Pro-American militants fighting Pro-Russian militants. And may I add, that the US is involved in this conflict far more than Russia, which raises concerns, seeing that US is half a world away and Russia actually borders with Ukraine.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
Pro-russians constantly cry about western propaganda yet they eat up the BS propagated by the Russians like candy when it's clear neither side can be trusted to tell the truth. I've seen enough video of the "peaceful" pro-russian protesters to know that they are anything but peaceful. It's a tragedy that people are dying, but pinning everything on right sektor is getting a little old.

It's a shame, but ATS has always been anti-American to the point of lunacy. While some of us can be critical of a government with logical reason, many here will actually side with another government acting criminally and dangerously, threatening war with another country, simply because they've been critical of the US government in the past.

The mindset here seems to be that because the US has done bad things in the past, we should all support Russia invading another country, we should all believe all the pro-Russian propaganda and reject any news from Western broadcasters as "propaganda", that everything is the fault of a handful of "fascists" in Kiev.

There are plenty of facts that these people cannot dispute, but you'll notice that they'll ignore or deflect the facts and try to steer the discussion onto the Kiev "fascists". Putin invaded Crimea, this is a fact, now watch as all the pro-Russians come back to start stammering "yeah, but, the US invaded...". It's still doesn't change the facts however much they want to ignore the uncomfortable truths.

top topics

join