It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

Oh, I'm sorry... I'm not paying for this or joining into the nonsense. I'm in one of the few states that set itself up for a Constitutional fight by passing an amendment to the State Constitution literally outlawing not only any cooperation with the exchanges, in any form, but the levy of any fee or penalty against a Missouri state resident by anyone outside the state for failure to comply.

It's not going to be anything like as clean as that suggests..but it actually puts Missouri residents into a bit of a pickle, to read the amendment which passed over 60% on popular vote in 2012. We're really serious on it, too...

It's one of two things that Missouri has established not even our spineless excuse for a Governor can law break his way around. I'll reassess my cooperation with what I consider to be a direct violation of my rights to live and pursue happiness in my own nation, after my state has sorted it's hash with Washington over it.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I read a lot on the "price" website (the link you gave).Although those data are numerous but I see the age is critical for what the number of money people should pay.
It's very unfair that old people should pay more ,but this is how the business run.The Obamacare is a big business plan ,not a public service.

Purpose:
Elimination of elderly people.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

Yup.. You're starting to see why Americans are quickly learning to absolutely hate this nonsense. As a friend at school stated...

This isn't insurance. This is membership to a club.

He was right, too. Insurance would help cover costs as they come up throughout the year. They wouldn't take $3000-$10,000 from you in premiums over the course of a year and then slap $5000-$6000 deductibles on you atop that.

Oh, and how many have mentioned this? FICA is still being taken out ON TOP of the above. What is FICA? Well, glad ya asked!

Who (or what) is FICA? The Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) tax is comprised of the Social Security and Medicare taxes that are withheld by federal law. Social Security is currently 6.2 percent of eligible wages; Medicare is 1.45 percent of all wages.

Social Security taxes fund retirement benefits, benefits for the dependents of retired workers, and benefits for the disabled and their dependents.

The funds received for Medicare are used to provide medical benefits for certain individuals when they reach age 65. Workers, retired workers, and the spouses of workers and retired workers are eligible to receive Medicare benefits upon reaching age 65.
Source

They get us coming, going and waiting in-between...then we get taxes for daring to do all three things in one day. I mean it's getting to be a crushing deal breaker as more is added all the time. Money IS a finite resource at this rate.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

1)Did you joined Obamacare?
2)(If you joined Obamacare )How much money you have to pay into Obamacare?
3)Do you feel Obamacare can give you necessary help when you are sick?How about the service quality?
4)If you paid money into Obamacare,do you feel it's too expensive?(or too cheap?)
5)If you don't want to join Obamacare,how to avoid it ?

1. Yes, I did, but I backed out at the last minute. I'm not disabled, I'm not elderly, I don't have kids. Taking those handouts is morally wrong. I couldn't get over that and go through with it.

2. If I'd stuck with it, it would've been 40 bucks a month for a silver plan with a max out of pocket of 2k and a deductible of 500 bucks. See why I couldn't take it? The regular cost on that silver plan would've been 150 bucks.

3. No, I don't. There's a problem in my state, probably many others, where doctors won't take insurance like this. My sister couldn't find a pediatrician in the tri-county area that was taking new patients. People wonder why poor folks take their kids to the emergency room all the time; that's why. The ER is the only place that'll see them. I looked at the Obamacare stuff, called around; I was going to be in the same situation.

4. It's too expensive. Before the ACA, a plan like the one I had was about half that price. Now, they somehow managed to screw up the system so much that the catastrophic plans are on part with the Silver ones. I'm a 28 year old female, and there's not a single plan that was under 120 bucks. I used to could get a catastrophic one for 40 or 50 a month. The Obama people talk about it not being good enough and all this other stuff, but there's no logical reason that my insurance needs to cover pediatric dental, maternity care, or anything like that when I don't have kids and don't want them. The "minimum essential benefits" is actually a laundry list from a Cadillac plan; that's what Obama forgot to tell his people.

5. I'm avoiding it by deliberately choosing to live under the poverty line in a state with a low cost of living and that didn't expand Medicaid, by being very frugal, and purchasing temporary insurance in 6 month stints just in case something happens. It's 40 or so a month, so I can afford it, and it should cover me if anything happens.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

In any society, elites love to choose the weak targets to kill first ,they choose the elderly people this time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join