It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: Tell us your opinion of Vladimir Putin.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
all I see is a western world scared of some-one on the opposite team rocking their boat and saying no to their wishes.
the western system can only survive if they have a boogey man or reds under the beds to cry about....

team America has met it's match....Putin is skilled in playing the same game...possibly better..only time will tell...

as a non-American.....I see two world leaders in this great game....

one...a tuff man from the ranks who cut his teeth in the real dirty world and is hard when needed...

two... a soft hand dandy who is a constitutional lawyer .......

not much of a match.....from an outsiders point of view....

it's great entertainment....better than anything fox could put to air......
edit on 4-5-2014 by tri-lobe-1 because: poor spelling

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I like this site because I can actually debate with people I consider my peers. People with open and skeptical minds who form an informed opinion based on facts and counter-research.

That being said, I believe Putin and Russia have finally had enough of the USA and our constant meddling in foreign economies. Our corporatocracy is spiraling out of control and defenseless countries are paying the price worldwide at the hand of the US military.

Now that Russia is getting involved and not backing down, I see dark days ahead of us. Soon China will abandon the dollar with Russia and our economy will completely collapse due to rampant hyperinflation.

As the US fights to stay afloat, the rest of the world will flock to the idea of a sound currency, where the US has no control.

This could be bad or good for the US. We may be forced to defibrillate our economy back to life, resurrecting our factories and start having pride in American made products.

Or we tornado into a dark time of pure anarchy. As we kill each other over resources and goods, the elite will sit back and let the fire burn out, and pick up the pieces to their own liking. The ATS types like us will be rounded up and executed, while the scared, needy sheeple line up for their "sound currency" RFID chips.

and so, it will begin.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
To the poster above, yeah I had to take a major break from ATS cauze it was just too unmature there for a while, at least the threads I hung around... seems like i've found my way to express the anger and shame I feel for whomever it is that calls a nasty shot to us all, them included!

Hah roflmao at this poll, won't take a vote but I share my thoughts any day!

Putin seems crazy in the head yes, but I do like that he takes shelter for whistleblowers and other celebs who have had it with the satanism and other crap going on in hollywood. Snowden and that french actor comes to mind, depardi.. sp?
As long as he tones down the agressive hold he has on russia and other former soviet union states I'm ok with what he does. I think this will be the only way for mayor governments in the world to stop fighting! Fight fire with fire as it's said and it seems to be working out from an internationall perspective at least

my 2cents from what most of us feel over here in Sweden, at least here in my hometown, very left wing in a super positive way!

edit on 4-5-2014 by threepwood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Anything that infuriates the United States zio government has to be good. I side with Putin(even though I know how bad he is). Just look who the players in Ukraine are. Listen to what the people who live there say. The west was ready to have Armageddon because of Russia wanting to put missiles in Cuba, so why shouldn't Putin be the same way now that it is reversed? What cracks me up is how the American gov points the finger at anyone else after all they've done, particularly 911 and the middle east, not to mention former wars and assassinations. What trouble-making hypocrites. I'd like to see the world band together and force a regime change in Washington DC. Arrest warrants need to be issued.
edit on 4-5-2014 by Fylgje because: forgot something

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think S.O. should be careful not to put out things like this as it shows serious bias in the options he provides

I myself would have liked the option to choose :

Vlad is Bad, but has the Balls we wish we had

Jus saying

X

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

He's pushing & probing because he knows who he's up against. Thing is if he actually had anyone willing to call his bluff & stand up to him, his little set would shrivel down.

He's a little dictator suffering from a major case of short-man syndrome.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Perfect...

You could write Polls for the MSM.

Excellent example of how meaningless Polls are.

Loved it.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Aaww, I think we here at ATS deserve a good laugh once in a while? Things tend to get a bit too serious if not ^^

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Fylgje : I have too agree with you somewhat with this - USA is one of if not THE worst scummbag organisations in the world, yeah that's right I can't even call it a government anymore.. because if you take a good look how things are connected it's just one huge company pulling the strings from behind the secens... pretty obviouse for most of us that know our US...
But it truley deservse to be said any day that the world policing and all the other coulntess hidiouse things they are up to are just plain wrong if they want to see humanity survive.
Sadly that does not seem to be the picture here, just a bunch of elitists who want to depoplate the world and live the good life on their own. I really hate their pure egocentrical style!

Grow up Obama and Co!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I read the "poll" questions and just phew ...

First of all, this isn't about Russian imperialism ... it's about American imperialism. But, I guess being an American doesn't include self scrutiny does it, or realistic view for that matter.

Why should Putin care about some retarded Americans? who are basically, liars, thieves and murderers. Have I seen Mr. George "nutcase" Bush being put on trial for war crimes? No, why not ... only Americans are entitled to mass murder? And you have the audacity to talk about Russian Imperialism? According to American views, it's ok to hate blacks, ok to hate Muslims and murder muslims. But not ok to kills Jews, unless you're an American, then it's ok to become president even if your grand daddy was a nazi supporter.

You know, one of the greatest and most fantastic hypocracy I've ever seen lately is the fact that Chinese military is marching around in US made uniforms. Only equalled by the fact, that seeing American troops wearing a hard copy of Nazi helmets on their own.

Whatever Putin is playing, has nothing to do with going to war. He's a KGB guy ... he plays chess. Whatever his endgame is, is not about Crimea, and certainly not about some minor conflict between the Ukranian and Russian population there.

And maybe you should wake up to reality ... the US did not win WWII ... Russia did. The US did not liberate Europe from Nazi Germany ... Russia did. The US victory, is "made in Hollywood", and meant for braindead rednecks, who walk around in their fantasy world of "we're the best of the best of the best", aka Captain America.

The only reason US is bashing its own chest against Russia around Crimea, is because they know Russia won't take it to the bank. Brave americans, the only people they fight ... are the little guys. Defenceless people in vietnam, or abu grahib. Oh yeah, and don't forget nomands in Afghan decert, who get murdered by drones, along with their donkey. That's all done in Confucius spirit ... only fight the battles you know you can win.

Yeah ... Brave America!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Putin, is one of just a handful of people on the planet who if he so desired could see US cities in flames. I think he is 100% a foe of the US government, but in an age of US conquest for lack of a better word its better to have some checks and balances in my opinion. Personally I think he is a wussy for not stepping up in the Ukraine! Imagine the US response if it were the Virgin Islands and Russian meddling instead. Think we don't meddle in Ukraine? How many times in history has a violent mob of a few hundred toppled a democratically elected government and then be immediately recognized as legitimate etc..?

In my opinion Putin is shamed for not defending Russians and Russian interests in Ukraine! If the US failed our neighbors so horribly I would be ashamed to call myself American. It all paints Russia as weak.

I am not pro Russian by the way. Sorry if it comes off like that. I just fail to see what business the USA has in the Ukraine other than to stir up more war and pestilence. Maybe it would be good for the USA to sanction Russia back to the stone age or push them to war with greater Europe etc.. Hell, in the end if it was the only way to ensure the same quality of life for my children's children then I don't care if we facilitate Razing Ukraine to the ground or Russia for that matter.

On that same note if its about an Atlantic pipe line and the raping of our gas reserves then I do hope that Russia keeps its head and prevails here.
edit on 4-5-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

The Soviet problem was never productivity, it was effective distribution.

I saw first hand the piles of harvested crops rotting on the side of the road because there was no way to get it to populated cities like Moscow.

Farmers use passenger trains to get a few bushels into the city. It makes a mess and it makes for long days for the growers as they ride the overnight trains and sell during the day then ride the train back home the next night.

They don't have a highway system, and the trains aren't enough to cover for it.

The reason factory production was so low at the end is that they could only get a few hours worth of material each day, so they became lazy.

Russia could be a superpower someday, they have the resources.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Can't verify the quote, but I like it anyway.

When asked what it was like dealing with Obama,

Putin replied, it's like playing chess with a rooster, he craps on the board knocking the pieces over, then struts around like he won the game.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

If you would kindly say "American Government" instead of Americans, I will agree with you and be your friend.

There's some great, kind people here in America, lumping us all in with this zio-government isn't fair!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I see Putin as a politician. Just like in the U.S. To think people are so different because of geographical locations in naive. Every one has a master and an agenda.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Putin is a very interesting man. Obviously he is the point man for powerful interests in Russia and these interests are undoubtedly centered in the military and former security apparatus. They were the power before the fall of the Soviet Union and except for the brief interlude when the half dozen or so "oligarchs" transitioned the country over to a capitalist system, they are still the power.

Putin was the means by which the oligarchs were prevented from moving the country completely into the Western orbit.

It could not be otherwise. Russians are too proud and too intelligent to allow themselves to be at the mercy of Western financial interests. They have too much character. They are not going to grovel before Wall St. or The City.

Putin is one of a group. The West would like to put the focus on him, to create a megalomaniac to fear, to mobilize the press to turn him into a villain, but it doesn't wash.

I think he is a smart guy trying to steer his country through a difficult transition. He got rid of the robber barons, but he let one of them out of jail. He's not a brutal sadist. He will do what is necessary, no more, to achieve his goal. I think he wants a happy prosperous Russia. He wants to deal with the West but not as a con-job sucker.

I don't think he wants to restore the old boundaries of the Soviet Union. The only reason to do something like that would be a fear of "encirclement", a reestablishment of buffer republics to fight in, to keep the war out of the heartland.

Is there a fear of encirclement? Is anyone we know trying to encircle the Russians? Anybody trying to sneak up on them? Anyone trying to turn "buffer states" into NATO's front line?

Putin has to do whatever is necessary to thwart that kind of development. I like the guy.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Anyone who the MSM tried to villify is probably the good guy so my opinion of him is positive.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

LOL!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It says something that Edward Snowden trusts Putin more than he trusts Obama.

Lesser of two evils?

Or are we not being told the truth by the western media machine?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join