It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: Tell us your opinion of Vladimir Putin.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There's a lot going on these days with Russian advancement on Crimea, and Vladimir Putin's government seeming to have no care or concern for how the rest of the word reacts. Combined Putin's "ultimatum" to the Ukrainian government to remove all military from the souther regions of their own country, the situation is far from improving. And as many ATS members have noticed, over the past several years, there seems to have been a cleverly planned PR strategy to shape Vladimir Putin's image -- potentially in preparation for Russian imperialism. So, ATS members and Visitors, let us know what you think...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Am I blind or something? Where is the poll?
Ah it's on polldaddy, had to allow that website to see it lol. No wonder.
edit on Fri, 02 May 2014 13:03:26 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

LOL the vote is rigged...

I hereby abstain.

+10 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Putin's heart is in the right place, and everyone misunderstands him.

+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Are we getting trolled?

+37 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I'm not impressed with your seleection of choices.

Is this supposed to guage the various differences in our sense of humor?

Maybe I'm just grumpy, but I thought the polls you did a few years ago during the run up the elections were well do e and informative. This is just nonsense.

edit on 2-5-2014 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
A cunning, ambitious, volatile despot that poses a significant threat to global stability.

+26 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I can't believe we're Putin up with it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

+7 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
He's very much a straight cross between a typical Soviet Era, Military leader and the American Bravado, Cowboy type. All mixed together. Don't really know what to think of him. Russia is still a very repressed country, still stuck in cold war thinking as their handling of the Ukraine and they're handling of the Olympics shows.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You didn't give me a pick.. I wanted there to be a choice like Putin is a badass who is very dangerous.. This same option would include that Putin cannot win this game, and the level of Russian propaganda is quite high even when compared with US propaganda in US news.

choice 2?

It feels like Russia may actually drag us down into an economic crash one way or another. War seems like it could really be an only option out after something like this.. At least an only option out if the west wants to maintain a similar power holding across the globe.

Putin would be a hero in the eyes of those who think western culture is too extravagant. For everyone else he would be an anti christ.

Maybe option 1?

Obviously your choices are flawed unless this is a joke. Maybe it only shows your own biased mind trying to sway popular opinion in a way that you think benefits the site and the world...

edit on 2-5-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I agree, this appears to be part of the Putin smear campaign.

Before I go any further, I consider Putin to be a corrupt, ruthless leader...that being said...

Putin is being made out to be a monster for doing things that the West has been doing for decades in one way or another. Even though I agree with some of Putin's actions I do not completely support him.

I believe that many Americans and Europeans are beginning to realize that they are not as "untouchable" as they once were and their way of dealing with it is by demonizing Putin while completely ignoring their own government's track record over the last few decades since the cold war has ended.

I'm not saying everything Putin does is okay because other people have done similar things, but in my opinion he is being unfairly attacked compared to what other government entities have been up to.

I think the OP was rather funny, but I think it was agenda driven if you look at it in detail.

The choices provided were clearly meant to cause a certain reaction.

+10 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Internet polls--how the NSA gathers public sentiment since pre-2001.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

I think the OP was rather funny, but I think it was agenda driven if you look at it in detail.

The choices provided were clearly meant to cause a certain reaction.

Indeed.. It wasn't hidden so perhaps the OP thinks we are dumb? Or perhaps he doesn't care how he is viewed these days, haha..

I allow it as I see the balance of propaganda shift.. It's good to keep note though. Rather ballsy move from someone without psych ops experience.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I've never met the man personally
so your asking me to vote judged by what how the media portrays him.

as is in don't let the dude check out your championship ring or he really likes very flexible Olympic gymnasts and he's got the whole mid life macho thing going.

All that hype about the man says--- he likes his face time in front of the camera's and will do some pretty stupid 'S**t' to get that air time.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I believe he is more or less like most men who reach a high position. Driven, possibly ruthless when going for what he wants, but also perhaps more directly spoken than some leaders.

The truth is we can never know the heart of a man, we can't even know the hearts of our closest loved ones, but what a leader does he will believe his particular course and reason for them is the correct one.

+10 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
S.O. this is pretty low coming from you, I would have hoped for at least an honest objective poll. Your always very careful with your words and your approach to a certain subject.

This is pure mockery. I won't be taking this one. As it seems even ATS is very biased towards this whole situation.

edit on ndAmerica/Chicago502uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Putin, is a political leader seeking to keep the people in which he represents relevant and secure in the future. Like many politicians he may have good intentions for his people, but the global influences and activities abroad that affect his land mass development may cause a slowdown of progression.

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Powerful answer.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I voted...
More polls would be fun, oh gracious Overlord.
I agree with amazing above, though. Sums up Putin nicely.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join