It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A prediction of Illness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'd like to share a dream I had the other day that unfortunately came true.

Sunday night I had a very vivid dream in which I was in a lot of pain. I started to cough and eventually coughed so much that one of my lungs fell out. I picked up my lung and started to have pain in my nose and throat, and it was so real to me that I woke myself up. As weird as the dream was I put it out of my mind. But sure enough, I woke up today with a sore throat, stuffy nose, and I've been coughing nonstop. Hope I don't cough up a lung hahha.

Anyone experienced dreams where they were sick, and then actually got sick?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Pajamathief

It's usually the other way around. You were already sick and your symptoms presented themselves while you were asleep. Your subconscious manifested the ailments in a dream. It's happened to me a few times over the years. I remember one time I dreamt where a train ran over my leg, I then woke up during a charlie hHorse muscle spasm in my calf.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well, the body knows if it's sick whether it's a conscious thought yet or not--like if the symptoms haven't presented yet.

Maybe that dream was from that subconscious knowledge?
edit on 4/30/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
No but I had two weird dreams in a row First I was walking down the street with Paris Hilton and she was pushing a stroller with a baby girl in it. The next night last night I was singing who evers in New England with Reba McIntyre

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Glad it was just a dream. I'd hate to think of the amount of child support Paris would demand, lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6

Well, the body knows if it's sick whether it's a conscious thought yet or not--like if the symptoms haven't presented yet.

Maybe that dream was from that subconscious knowledge?

The incubation period for a cold is around two days, therefore it could be feasible that the subconscious was more aware of the exposure, or stretching the idea a little more, that it recognised the intrusion of the infection or the activity of the antibodies in reaction to the infection.

Or, alternatively, the illness could be a psychosomatic reaction to the dream.

I've had pain and illness intrude upon a dream, but never the other way around. That I can recall at least.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This sounds a little like semi possession. I would take an epsom salt bath just to be sure.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
In this dream i was going to the park next to the Mississippi river and i got out and walked to the river. I looked downriver and a wall of water was rushing towards me. I tried to run away and i got washed into a corn field. I remember i had to cross the river to get home and i had a terrible time swimming across the river, but managed to get to the other side. Another dream i had, i was walking down a dirt road and i saw this big white house with pillars in front, the closer i got, the more frightened i became. Then i saw this man dressed in black walking towards me. As i approached the white house i heard a baby cry. I looked at the man in black now closer to me. he was an old man. When he was closer to me he had all black eyes. He passed me by and when he did he said, I will be back. I turned around and he was gone and i heard the baby cry again. I went into the white house to find the baby but could not. I have had no strange dreams lately. Mostly when i do, i can remember them in detail. Like the dream i had when i was walking thru an old town that looked like in the westerns, but the town was like a bomb had hit it. I remember looking at a torn picture in one of the houses and people wandering about. I had to walk thru a graveyard and into a corn field. I should write a book on all the dreams i have had. Maybe a good idea.

top topics

join