It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Suggests NASA Should Use A Trampoline to Get to Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I thought this was pretty funny, gave me a nice laugh to start the day. Trampoline to space, yes of course!!

Russia's Deputy Prime Minister and head of the Russian Space Program, Dmitry Rogozin posted to his twitter suggesting the US use a trampoline to get to the ISS. Rozin's also stated that the sanctions Russia is facing will have a negative impact both the US and European Space Programs. He is sick and tired of these sanctions

"After analyzing the sanctions against our space industry, I suggest to the USA to bring their astronauts to the International Space Station using a trampoline," Rogozin said via his Russian-language Twitter account.
Trampoline to Space

image source

The United States is dependent on the Russian Soyuz to bring astronauts to the space station. The U.S. method of transportation ceased in 2011 after the space shuttle retired, and commercial spacecraft, though being developed, are not expected to be ready until about 2017.

That said, one of the developers of these spacecraft — SpaceX CEO Elon Musk — wrote on Twitter that the public will soon see the unveiling of the human-rated Dragon spacecraft that the company has been working on with contract money from NASA. (The other funded spacecraft proposals are Boeing’s CST-100 and Sierra Nevada’s Dream Chaser.)
Universe Today

edit on 30-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I've head of using an elevator to get into space but not a trampoline. lol Those silly Russians.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Little do they know the US has a secret space program!! muahahaha!!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Lol, what a joke!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidLucinda

Right, it really is a joke!
SpaceX launch of F9R. This is the second video released since the trampoline jab by Russia.

new topics

top topics

join