It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not bad ATS, not bad, protection of avatar picture.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I didn't expect you guys to go as far as protecting avatar image from being saved

extremely easy to circumvent which of course I won't mention how

but still, not bad ATS, kudos

every now and then I kick myself for not starting ATS myself, ahhh....lost youth, better luck next time

edit on 30-4-2014 by RadiationAndCancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I don't get it? I can right click anyone's avatar and save it? :p

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yeah I can right click it and save too, unless I am missing something......

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I read the post earlier and I was hoping that someone would understand what op was on about .Glad to see I am not alone in my confusion :>)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

looks like possible problem with my browser, need to update

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
ok that's weird

some avatars can be saved and some not, saved as in traditional sense without using PrintScreen key

weird I tell ya

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RadiationAndCancer

Use chrome mate, updates every week or so automatically. Unless you have privacy issues, google isn't to be trusted lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You can copy an avatar but you can't copy a background picture
When we use a background, we must use a clear GIF as an avatar so the entire background shows. That clear GIF is what you copy in that case.

If you come to the Avatar Creations thread, you'll find some wonderful avatars (some claimed & some not) you can copy. The wonderful artists there will help you find one for your very own if you'll but ask.

J

edit on 4/30/2014 by LadyJae because: added link

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

aaaaaaaaa

leave it to a classy lady to explain it

don't get me wrong, prtscr key and subsequent paste copies everything

OK people.

THREAD CLOSED, thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

You're more than welcome; my pleasure

J

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Another thing, that works for firefox at least. Click on the lower righthand corner of the larger avatars that are backround images, then choose "view backround image" to bypas the clear GIF or PNG spacer.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
inb4 closed.

OP is collecting avatar pictures!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
inb4 closed.

I know of only one other forum where that tagline is used.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae

originally posted by: luciddream
inb4 closed.

I know of only one other forum where that tagline is used.

Actually its pretty common, well, in more immature forums.

Which did you have in mind?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadiationAndCancer
ok that's weird

some avatars can be saved and some not, saved as in traditional sense without using PrintScreen key

weird I tell ya

It depends on WHERE you right click on the avatar.

Avatars have two overlapping sections equating to 3 areas...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

a reply to: LadyJae

THREAD CLOSED, thanks

You have to hold your mouth just right and say "SHAZAM" real loud in order for that to work...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
Use chrome mate, updates every week or so automatically. Unless you have privacy issues, google isn't to be trusted lol.

Why in the world would anyone still be telling people to use Google Chrome? If you must use Chrome, I suggest using it's fork by SRWare called "Iron". It's built around privacy.

SRWare Iron at Wikipedia: Link
SRWare Iron download: Link

Don't feed Google your data!

Now, on topic: I haven't noticed the new avatar thing. (Mainly because I never tried to save anyone's avatar.) I tried now in Firefox on Mac by right clicking and view image. I got up a gray image.

I tend to make my own avatars, however for those not interested in spending the time to do so, LadyJae posted a link to ATS's wonderful avatar thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom
Haven't heard of "Iron"...

Is it safer or better than IE?

The latest NSS Labs report is in, and the findings show that Internet Explorer completely dominates all other browsers when it comes to preventing socially engineered malware. For those that aren’t aware, socially engineered malware is a form of malicious software that attempts to trick users into installing it, and thanks to Internet Explorer 9’s SmartScreen URL filtering the browser prevents 92% of it; and up to 100% when you include Application Reputation to filer untrustworthy executables.

IE9 decimates competition at malware prevention

Internet Explorer leads the way in guarding against social engineering attacks. The clear winner is Microsoft's Internet Explorer which successfully blocked 99.9 percent of the malware included in the test. Both it and Chrome -- which blocked 70.7 percent -- use a combination of URL filtering and application reputation technology to provide content agnostic malware protection (CAMP).

Comparative analysis of browser security - Webroot Community

Internet Explorer blocked 99.9% of the SEM that was used in this test. Internet Explorer provides SEM protection by using a combination of SmartScreen URL filtering and App Rep, a technology that requires no knowledge of whether an application is harmful or benign. Chrome, which placed third...

Browser Security Comparative Analysis Report

Internet Explorer 9 utterly dominates malware-blocking stats

IE9 with SmartScreen Leads Malware Protection Once Again

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

ok that's weird

weird I tell ya

The background is not the avatar. I bet you are right clicking in the middle of the larger avatars, and saving nothing but a clear .gif image....right?

Now, take your cursor and in the very bottom right corner of the longer avatars, right click and select "view background image" (if you have firefox). This will diplay the background all by itself.

Easy peasy.

If you have future avatar problems, click my link and we can help you.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Considering it's built on privacy from ground up using Chrome, I'd say yes. I'm not a user myself despite having toyed with it previously on a couple of occasions. I suggest searching the web for some user reviews and more information. Also check out the Wiki link.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join