It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS to build underground training complex

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I have put this here because technically it is going to be a facility, and even though we know what it is used for and where it is, we will not know exactly what is inside in terms of tech etc.

But anyway.

The SAS, after receiving many complaints about their noise levels, are planning to build a new, super hi-tech "Money No Object" training base, underground in the hills of Herefordshire

Firstly, this is super duper cool!!!! Secondly, it gave me a real eye opening on how they are going to be given £10 million, just like that!!!!!

Check it out... SAS
edit on 30-4-2014 by brace22 because: MIS-QUOTE

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

They've had one near Pontrilas for years mate.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Oh really?

That's cool! To be honest I am not to knowledgeable on this stuff!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
I have put this here because technically it is going to be a facility, and even though we know what it is used for and where it is, we will not know exactly what is inside in terms of tech etc.

But anyway.

The SAS, after receiving many complaints about their noise levels, are planning to build a new, super hi-tech "Money No Object" training base, underground in the hills of Hertfordshire.

Firstly, this is super duper cool!!!! Secondly, it gave me a real eye opening on how they are going to be given £10 million, just like that!!!!!

Check it out... SAS

It's being built in Herefordshire, not Hertfordshire.
2nd

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Changed

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Here was me thinking the SAS where a secret unit so why they advertise this is a little beyond me.

Perhaps it will be built in the opposite place from where the report says. After all, come WW3 the baddies will know where to drop their bombs first

Cheers

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22

Check it out... SAS

Love the article Quote "money is no object." at 10 million pounds thats 16.8 million dollars US, thats enough for a gopher hole in the US. We need to send them some money spenders from the DOD and let them see how much they could waste over there to. Once you start diggin they will burn through that pretty quick. We could probably sell them an old missile silo much cheaper than that.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

If Mad Barry went round to complain I'm not surprised they're going underground.
£10 million is cheap to get him off your back.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

Bit difficult to be secret when you drive past and see them abseiling out of helicopters.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro
Here was me thinking the SAS where a secret unit so why they advertise this is a little beyond me.

The SAS isn't secret, they are even renowned. Who they are and what they do is mostly secret.

And I agree that £10 million is cheap, and dare I say - money well spent.
I'd prefer a few good cloak & dagger-operations above all the nonesense that regular warfare has shown recently.
Bring war directly to the brass, not the civilian population... but that would mean less arms sales, so the MIC doesn't approve.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Most likely only £10 mill because they will build it themselves. It will be very spiffing old bean!

Also! As said before, theres nothing secret about them unless you count their super secret recruitment that you defo cannot find on google ....

www.army.mod.uk...
edit on 3007America/Chicagokamb2014201434America/Chicago by thekaboose because: I had my reasons!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
We get good value unlike the US where they just spend 100x that just so a few people in the right positions of power can pocket the taxpayers money.

But even so i think they should get more than 10 mil.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I've said this before on another thread.
When you carry that look of 'I may be called back to base at any moment' on your face it gives you away. Practise the relaxed and carefree look when you're out on the town.
edit on 30 4 2014 by Kester because: Removed word that may have caused offence.

edit on 30 4 2014 by Kester because: condense

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I love that something so Hereford-specific as 'Mad Barry' is mentioned on such an international forum. The man's a legend.

As for secretive. Sometimes it's better to hide things in plain sight.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Just a FYI, it is in the side of a hill. Loosely underground, depending how you define it.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Even money we are going to LAVISHLY subsidize that effort.The US likes these guys for the deniable nasty wet stuff that they don't have enough info about.
edit on 9-5-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: barwars47
Mad Barry passed me by. I emigrated to Gloucester 15 yrs ago. First time I've been in high town since was Weds for the May Fair.
My question is...Who the hell is Mad Barry? :-)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

It was bad manners of me to mention him at all, I just couldn't resist it because it's true.

Barry was once approached by two guards in a vehicle when he was out on his bicycle looking for scrap metal in the lanes round the back of the base. They soon retreated when he started his tirade. He's the most incredible wordsmith, he could demolish any of us here if he chose to.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro

Perhaps it will be built in the opposite place from where the report says. After all, come WW3 the baddies will know where to drop their bombs first

Cheers

Yeah, they will build a big empty topside building where they say its going to be and actually build it at a "science research lab" somwhere else where it really is

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: barwars47
Mad Barry passed me by. I emigrated to Gloucester 15 yrs ago. First time I've been in high town since was Weds for the May Fair.
My question is...Who the hell is Mad Barry? :-)

he has tourettes and it's best to avoid eye contact.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join