It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avoiding Armageddon - As said by a former MP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
**** PLEASE MOVE IF IN WRONG FORUM ***

A great little article from former Lib Dem MP and UFOlogist at The Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena Lembit Opik on avoiding the Earth being destroyed by an asteroid impact. And also, some very grounding statements regarding the world leaders, Hollywood and the real cost of saving the earth.

I know he has posted on a less than an amazing media outlet, but they seem to have let him write what he wants.

Enjoy guys...

Avoiding Armageddon

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

I find it utterly hilarious that he mentions it's drastically cheaper to operate the telescopes needed to prevent an impact, than it was to film the movie armageddon.

Thanks for the post. Good read.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Always a character when he was a politician.
I watched a programme a couple of years ago, I thought it was Who do you think you are...but can't find it. Anyway, his interest in astronomy started when he was a little boy because of his grandfather. I've got a vague recollection where he chatted with Patrick Moor of Sky at Night fame, but I could be wrong about that, it might have been Danny Dyer...yeah I know!
Anyway here's another little vid of him being interviewed about an asteroid impact.

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

join