It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You think you know fear, you don't know fear, not a clue

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RadiationAndCancer

I am not shocked that you choose to ignore the points I offer in rebuttal to your concocted story.

But I will again ask-

IF you have direct evidence that this reality is just a learning experience where in the end we put the game away and all return to an equal state without our bodies or any form of guilt, shame or blame...why is it the BIGGEST fear you have is that you want to STILL keep these things in reserve within the afterlife?

You plainly say that when we die all "evils" are removed and forgotten and all of us simply forgive and forget the mistakes on a personal level and then learn from them.

This is akin to a board game or a video game, or more like a nightmare or dream.

Is the biggest fear of a nightmare "waking up and wishing you can go back and punish the monsters inside it"?

Is the biggest fear turning off the video game and being upset that everyone around you in the real world is NOT upset about what Donkey Kong did to the Princess?

Sir, your entire philosophy is sloppy and broken. Hardly the position I would expect from someone so proudly shouting about his metaphysical adventures.

Lastly, how can such a peaceful afterlife (as you describe) be WORSE than being hunted and tortured by aliens (as you say you are often)>>????

I'm sorry sir...nothing you say adds up and surely shows a lack of pain and understanding. Not an over abundance of it.

MM

edit on 1-5-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I actually don't remember so perhaps it was a little foolish to mention but I think that viewpoint deserved to be represented anyway, it is not in any way original, I have seen it expressed in different words many times, though the account I was specifically thinking about originated in India, of that much I am sure.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Ich danke Ihnen für Ihre kleinen blitzkreig.

However, I find your posts somewhat disappointing. Whilst you have clearly studied - to a point - various aspects of philosophy and NDE's - you are being incredibly narrow minded in my view. At no point do you even consider that your view of an afterlife may be wrong entirely and that when we die, that's it. Game over.

I'm not saying that's what I believe - it might be - it might not. That's irrelevant. What I find difficult is the certainty with which you declare your statements. I just don't think it's appropriate.

You think I don't know fear? Real fear? Oh yes I do. I'm a parent. I know exactly what real fear is and it regards my kids. Anything and everything imaginable could happen to me in any life, dimension or anything else anyone can think of. As long it happens to me, that's fine.

Anyone who has kids knows what real fear is and I would stand nose to nose with anyone who claims otherwise and explain to them very graphically just how much that all encompassing love permeates one's being.

If you want to tell me that there's something I'd be more afraid of than my kids suffering - say it to my face. Then you'll find out what fear is. You'll have more than a 'clue.'

Personally, I take your thread title as an insult to every loving parent on the planet.

I find it an insult to every parent who has lost a child, in any way. Some of these parents will never know what happened to their child. And you really want me to believe that there is something worse than that? I cannot express how angry I am. The T&C of this site do not allow me to do so in the way I wish and I do not have the patience to express myself eloquently.

Grow up.
Get real.

Cado

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask
I am not shocked that you choose to ignore the points I offer in rebuttal to your concocted story.

But I will again ask-

I am ignoring you, I already explained why, those who are not lazy readers, will read entire thread, and see everything, yours and mine.

but keep posting, you'll get the same response

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: cado angelus

You think I don't know fear? Real fear? Oh yes I do. I'm a parent. I know exactly what real fear is and it regards my kids. Anything and everything imaginable could happen to me in any life, dimension or anything else anyone can think of. As long it happens to me, that's fine.

WHY ARE YOU IN PHILOSOPHY SECTION OF ATS

if you can't handle it, understand it, engage in critical thinking,

For example, I stay out of cooking section of ATS, I don't belong there, I have nothing to add to that section.

Let me simplify for you, Lives and Eventual Deaths of your children are completely meaningless to what I am talking about.

If your children are unfortunate enough, to live the life I had/have, they too will one day ask themselves,

WHAT IF MY SUFFERING IS IN THE END FOR NOTHING

That's what this thread is about, and it saddens me, that you are unable to comprehend it, and engage in complex philosophical discussion

and it is sad HOW MANY OF YOU IGNORE THE ENTIRE THREAD AND THE POINTS I MAKE IN MY REPLIES TO ALL OF YOU

It seems ATS philosophy section has very few real philosophers

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadiationAndCancer

originally posted by: cado angelus

WHY ARE YOU IN PHILOSOPHY SECTION OF ATS

if you can't handle it, understand it, engage in critical thinking,

For example, I stay out of cooking section of ATS, I don't belong there, I have nothing to add to that section.

Let me simplify for you, Lives and Eventual Deaths of your children are completely meaningless to what I am talking about.

If your children are unfortunate enough, to live the life I had/have, they too will one day ask themselves,

WHAT IF MY SUFFERING IS IN THE END FOR NOTHING

That's what this thread is about, and it saddens me, that you are unable to comprehend it, and engage in complex philosophical discussion

and it is sad HOW MANY OF YOU IGNORE THE ENTIRE THREAD AND THE POINTS I MAKE IN MY REPLIES TO ALL OF YOU

It seems ATS philosophy section has very few real philosophers

Firstly - drop the capitals. I do not appreciate the shouting. It's not required, rude and shows more about your personality than you care to admit. Also, I would advise that displaying even a basic understanding of punctuation would help your credibility no end.

Secondly - I can handle it. I just happen to disagree and dislike the phrasing you have used.

Thirdly - don't you tell me what sections of ATS to stay away from. That's my call. I'm entitled to my view. I'm entitled to share it - as are you.

There is no need to 'simplify' things for me. I find your thoughts 'simple' enough as it is. Don't insult my intelligence.

Your responses here are not doing you any favours. Your tone is not doing you any favours.

If my children turned out to have an attitude like yours - I'd be ashamed.

Take that attitude elsewhere - I'm sure you can see we don't appreciate it.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
no offense but your OP wasn't terribly philosophical either. It was literally bashing everyone else because your brand of suffering is somehow more relevant than others'

If that's not your intention great but that's how it comes out

Frankly, no I don't believe your story but hey that's life but you can't tell anyone else what fear is to others because you've 'had it worse'

what about soldiers in Afghanistan? They know real fear. What about the families of soldiers thinking every second that their loved one will die? What about parents of children?

Don't tell anyone else what fear is because your story is somehow worse

fear exists to people and your belittling of it does no good

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: cado angelus

I really don't care what you think because you have YET to engage in philosophical argument on this thread

If you change your mind, read through the thread, and maybe give it some thought, and maybe contribute.

Till then, maybe I'll see you in cooking section

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Congrats, another person who flunked philosophy 101

Let me simplify for ya.

Fear of death, means nothing once you've gone through it several times.

You of course wouldn't get that, because you didn't live an uncomfortable life.

You move BEYOND DEATH, to think about what then. And it suddenly dawns on you, could it be possible that all the injustice you've experienced will be rendered meaningless on the other side. Which makes your life right now IN THE PRESENT meaningless as well.

Unless you are able to respond to this simplified version of OP and stick to topic, then you belong to political mud-pit of ATS and not on my thread.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Congrats! Yet another cocky member who thinks they know the lives of all the respondents! You haven't even the slightest of clues about the lives and 'comfort level' of the members who respond here. Also I should state that if you don't like hearing answers in the contrary you may want to not post anymore

The fact is that neither you nor I nor anyone can determine what is real and true to others. And no I don't believe your made up stories to be honest but even if I did you STILL don't get the right to label all of society and tell them that they don't know real fear.

I could care less about philosophy 101.

But yeah ok...they don't get fear and never will.
edit on 2-5-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

But I will again ask-

I am ignoring you, I already explained why, those who are not lazy readers, will read entire thread, and see everything, yours and mine.

but keep posting, you'll get the same response

Ignoring those who do not eat up your threads with a thank you and a smile? fair enough. I will still say your story has no substance to it and needs to be looked at critically.

Ad once it is...well...you get to where I am sitting now. In disbelief.

fact remains, you blindly assume your fear of the afterlife is far greater than the living fear of real people dealing with REAL problems that make yours look like a cartoon adventure. Your story here doesn't sound like anything to fear at all.

MM
edit on 3-5-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Real fear isn't in psychotic delusions, or overwhelming paranoia. Fear of the unknown is insanity.

Real fear is in "knowing" and not being able to do a thing about it.

Ignorance is bliss....

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

a reply to: cado angelus

I really don't care what you think because you have YET to engage in philosophical argument on this thread

If you change your mind, read through the thread, and maybe give it some thought, and maybe contribute.

Till then, maybe I'll see you in cooking section

You have not offered a philosophical argument.

There is no philosophical argument present in your OP.

It is you demanding your suffering is more important and beyond the suffering of others. And that you fear people won't be punished in the afterlife because you have knowledge that shows you this.

You say you are tortured by aliens often and a famous company hunts you. You ALMOST touched on a philosophy of a holographic universe, but decided not to because you think nobody here is educated enough on the subject.

Sir...In all due respect, here is my philosophical view.

1) The suffering you write about here is fabricated and/or self centered and trite.

2) if it isn't it pales in comparison to much suffering I have seen in people's lives. In fact, I can rattle off many names of people who would do ANYTHING to have your shared suffering in place of their more painful and real suffering.

3) Your OP paints someone who is not even close to real suffering.

Not saying you do not suffer. Surely you must, we all do. But what you are sharing is all small potatoes to the dreadful suffering of many around you.

MM
edit on 3-5-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You move BEYOND DEATH, to think about what then. And it suddenly dawns on you, could it be possible that all the injustice you've experienced will be rendered meaningless on the other side. Which makes your life right now IN THE PRESENT meaningless as well.

You are making the assumption that everyone else views injustice with the same regard you do.
Injustice is a fact of life...I might not like it but I don't lose sleep over it now, so I doubt it will become a central point of my being in any "afterlife".

And before you accuse me of having a comfortable life and thus clouded judgement.....yes I do know fear and I have more than a clue about it. Maybe I don't understand your fears about injustice in an afterlife because they are not important to me. Just like you will probably not understand my fears as you will not have experienced them.

Your reasoning and claims of knowing the one true fear and suffering come off as a tad egocentric. Sorry, I must have missed the philosophy part.....

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

What a comical thread.

Abducted by ET's!!!?? ---- Im sure you were. Crazy!! Obviously you have NO proof of this????

Had experiences of negative reaction from Government for outspokenness? Or maybe just being crazy and possibly telling lies got you these neg experiences.

You need help...for your wild unsubstantiated fantasies!!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I think what I really wanted to say to the OP was...

YOU think YOU know FEAR!!!? You DON'T!!! Not a CLUE!!!

MM

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Just to add.....

I sure hope that any injustice I have experienced WILL indeed be rendered meaningless on "the other side"....
I sure as hell wouldn't want to take my baggage with me!
The fact that all that kind of stuff will be rendered meaningless one day actually makes my life on this planet MORE meaningful.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logos23

Just to add.....

I sure hope that any injustice I have experienced WILL indeed be rendered meaningless on "the other side"....
I sure as hell wouldn't want to take my baggage with me!
The fact that all that kind of stuff will be rendered meaningless one day actually makes my life on this planet MORE meaningful.

Exactly what I was thinking. Couldn't have said it better myself.

MM

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join