It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This 3-D Printed Home of the Future is Built for Travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You knew it would happen sooner or later, ATS! 3-D printed houses! This is way cool and is being developed by a German professor and students from UCLA and a German University named University of Huddersfield.

Forget about smart studio apartments, these are 3-D printed houses. Made of sand and special binder, the mobile prototype measures approximately 50 square feet, the size of about three refrigerators. Though the homes are less than 10 feet high, Professor Peter Ebner believes he will be able to fit in a bathroom, kitchen and sleeping space.

Me likey....What says ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
We live in wonderful times,

I remember years ago reading one of the Star Wars extended universe novels, and in it it talked about a giant machine they used to build buildings for them.

It was a giant droid that would knock down old buildings, use the raw material to extrude a new one as it went, I remember wondering if we would get that advanced.

Guess we are.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

This could be of use to off world habitats, such as on Mars and such...The possibilities are almost limitless for 3-D printing.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: benrl

This could be of use to off world habitats, such as on Mars and such...The possibilities are almost limitless for 3-D printing.

Yep, amazing times.

Cornucopia technology could be in the future...

(end to scarcity )
edit on 29-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

It's not a house! It's a large portaloo with seats in it.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Coolest cardboard box for the homeless yet..

I think 40% of americans will love this intellectual ingenuity.

Downsizing, here we come! looks like poverty won't be so bad for me after all. They said kitchen too, right?
edit on 30-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

The fifth element brought to life. You live and eat and breathe, and sleep and are cleansed, and procreate, and die and are buried in a space no bigger than the space of yourself. There is boundless space for everyone. But money rules all...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Interesting find, 3-D printing seems to be the wave of the future. A young woman in Norway recently had the first successful 3-D printed skull implant. The possibilities for advancement in medicine with 3-D printing is something that I get excited thinking about.

With that said, no way do I want to live in a tiny prison cell outside of my workplace. These itty bitty homes could work for say, the homeless or long airport layover "hotels" but this house doesn't even have enough room for all my clothes!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Yes 3-D Printed Home of the Future is Built for Travel. “The 3-D printing has the same cost as we spent on other product designing; the cost just depends on the size but not the complexity of building it."
Olomagic.com

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It's my belief that in the troubled weather times we live in regarding super storms and tornadoes, wood frame buildings will be a thing if the past. Time to build homes from nano carbon tubes. In the near future this will be big business.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
China is also working on 3-D houses see the link below.

Link

top topics

join