It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spike Lee: Sterling Has ‘Mentality Of A Slave Master, Sees His Players As Slaves’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It is not uncommon for some bosses to have that kind of a attitude . I had 2 of them over my life .One said to me one day that he owned my ass from 8 til 5 and so I said well not today ,and left .He wasn't that hard on me per say but he sure belittled a lot of the staff ...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I didn't know plantation slaves had labor unions.
There is a big difference between thinking you own someone and actually owning them.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
It is not uncommon for some bosses to have that kind of a attitude . I had 2 of them over my life .One said to me one day that he owned my ass from 8 til 5 and so I said well not today ,and left .He wasn't that hard on me per say but he sure belittled a lot of the staff ...

Good point. And the fact that heads of corporations pay themselves 200 times more than their employees indicates they think they are 200x better than their lowly wage slaves.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah
a reply to: ownbestenemy

I wonder what he thinks about MLB and NHL players who are predominately white? Are they slaves as well? This whole fiasco is becoming even more ridiculous by the day. No knock to you OP but I really wish people wouldn't stir the pot by entertaining this nonsense.

I know its not a knock, but I will not cower, even as ridiculous as it has become. Persons like Spike Lee need to be confronted on what they say, just as Sterling was -- in my opinion, their statements are more alike than not.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So... One guy makes racist remarks and gets downright offensive, with no expectation it'll be public. We seemingly applaud his destruction for that.

In response, another man makes racist remarks, gets downright offensive with the whole point being to be as public as possible. We seemingly applaud THAT, too.

Anyone else see a big problem with this picture?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Quite.

I actually find Mr. Lee's statements to be more destructive on a larger scale than Mr. Sterlings. Sterlings were idiotic, but its his to bear. Lee has basically put all "white" players under a spot light to "speak up". I can only guess what will happen when none do that just wish not to be part of something that has no effect upon them.

As far as the plantation statement; he is just riding Oprah's plantation statement. Yet we (meaning, America) think they are saying the "right" thing as a response to the offensive statements made.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

Yet we (meaning, America) think they are saying the "right" thing as a response to the offensive statements made.

That sure seems to be the problem. We recognize hate in one direction, but call it free speech in the other.

I think this has always been the main concern of stepping back from 'All speech is protected speech'. Things get muddy and they get weird when what constitutes free speech becomes subjective or something to be determined by some.
edit on 30-4-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join