It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video surfaces of unarmed man shot in the back and killed by Long Beach Police!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This is amazing video. It's very sad to watch as the police just open fire on this man as he flees from them. As more and more of these videos appear, it seems that we are losing due process in this country as the police think they are judge, jury and executioner. In the following video, the police claim they encountered the man after a struggle in which he fled with a large wooden stick. They said they fired a bean bag at him and it had no effect. You can clearly see that there was no encounter...he was an unarmed man, shot in the back by a bunch of freakin cowards!

Source story and video

Sorry, I'm not much for embedding videos. If someone wants to embed the video, have at it, thanks.

The other thing about this story is that the Long Beach Police made these claims of an "encounter" prior to them even knowing this video existed.

What do you think? Was someone in imminent danger that justified the firing of actual bullets at an unarmed man?

Did this man deserve to die for fleeing from police? Why are all these ‘public servants’ assuming the role of judge jury and executioner, and nothing is happening to them?

Due process is dying a slow and ugly death in this country, one cold blooded, state sanctioned murder at a time.

Here are other sources for the story

LA Weekly

LA Times

Press Telegram

The man was identified as Jason Conoscenti, 36 years old.

I don't care what this man's background was, no one deserves to be shot in the back.

edit on 29-4-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Embedded.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I vote we re-arm them with water pistols, because I think that's all they are qualified to use.

Along with thinking they ARE the law, a lot of them are just too damn lazy to chase somebody down and do their job.. instead they will shoot them in the back, or sick a dog on them.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Thanks Elton.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

That was a murder, however you see it. That dude could of been taken by a sock puppet 6 wet noodles and a fat chick.
Gunned down thinking no cameras...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Police are no more than a junta execution squad now. The sheer number of stories cops killing civilians this a defacto war on Americans. When will you start fighting back?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yep, good ole SO CA Cops.

My friends brother was shot in cuffs in front of his house.

Broken arm, in cuffs, shot in the neck.

Any Police violence case in SO CA, I just can't be unbiased about.

Best part of this story, Corporate enforcers now.

Retail theft, equals death by cop...

Its happened before with a Walmart theft as well, Ill try to find the story.

eta:

Walmart Shop lifter shot dead
edit on 29-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Events like this and the other dozens of stories across these boards and the internet at large are proliferating this damaging image for law enforcement.

Whether this action was justified or not, this whole situation makes me wonder if there was or ever will be a time when law enforcement is given the benefit of the doubt and presumed to have acted in the best interest of society on convoluted scenarios. I think this has never been and will be difficult to obtain.

This falls back to better qualifying the members chosen to serve and protect and repairing this tarnished image allowing it time to become an uniformly honoured and respected institution.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Obviously not the whole story looks like they had pulled him over for something, and you can hear the people say there shooting him with rubber, but to call the dog back and SHOOT him multiple times is depraived I hope they go to jail(but we ALL know they are above the law)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I cannot believe theese tw@s now this shiz is reallly gettin to me! Arrrghhh! Can I just ask tho I cannot help, is that really you in your DP?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I'm going to have to keep my eye on this one and see if their "claim of an encounter" changes at all.
Then again, they only ask cops once, sink or swim style, and of course they always swim on top of the law.
I have a great friend who is now a sheriff...I still feel for cops trying to do right, but these guys are the definition of PIGS.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
wow.. must wow.
They shot him because they didn't want him to run down the stairs

I wonder how that k-9 officer felt about shots getting fired over his/her dog, then again, he was probably one shooting. Sure sounded like a good barrage of bullets. Curious as to when the bean bag was shot too.

Can't wait to see what the cops on ats say

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We live in a world where failure to fully and perfectly comply with a cops orders gets you a death sentence. One in which cops are fully justified at using lethal force in order to subdue a suspect no matter if they are armed, senile, mentally ill, or fully incapacitated by handcuffs or the body weight of two or three cops. And most of the country is willing to go along with it. People will come up with a plethora of scenarios that could've, might've, would've happened had the guy gotten away. Ergo, he deserves death in their eyes.

This will not change. It will only get worse.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You think the cop gives a crap about his dog? He doesn't care about human life. Why would he care about the dog's?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nunya13
a reply to: Sremmos80

You think the cop gives a crap about his dog? He doesn't care about human life. Why would he care about the dog's?

Both are animals?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides

Police are no more than a junta execution squad now. The sheer number of stories cops killing civilians this a defacto war on Americans. When will you start fighting back?

peacefully fighting back is via PROTESTS. the cops have used FORCE and WAR WEAPONS against the people, and ASSAULTED not only their person, but also their Bill Of Rights. free speech zones?
ffs, only a complete scumbag would "follow orders" on that. Also, CHECKPOINTS?
FFS..

BADGES ARE REDCOATS, all the same in actions.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I normally try to be objective about these situations and there have been a few where I have felt the police were justified. This is not one of them.

Absolutely disgusting. The police had no reason to shoot this man, and once they'd shot him multiple times, they let him bleed out on the ground instead of rendering immediate medical aid to him. They were more concerned about cuffing him once they eventually reached him than they were about making sure he would continue to live.
edit on 30-4-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
That was disturbing to watch... I can't see any context where that could be justified. Not in this country.

I can't help but wonder if someday they shoot someone like this, and members of a community gather, then the people shoot back until it escalates into a kind of twisted war.

When did law enforcers become judge, jury, and executioner?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: freakshowfatty

That was a murder, however you see it. That dude could of been taken by a sock puppet 6 wet noodles and a fat chick.
Gunned down thinking no cameras...

I'd like to know if any charges will be filed against the officers responsible for this, or if they'll stick to their story about the "encounter" as if this shooting was justified.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
As more and more of these videos appear, it seems that we are losing due process in this country as the police think they are judge, jury and executioner.

They are. I don't think there is any doubt about that.

I remember from many "2nd amendment"-debates that you people in the US consider yourselves "more free" than we are over here, because you still have your guns, and we have been "disarmed by our masters".

But what good are all the guns in the world when you allow "your masters" to treat you like that anyways?

(Note: I'm NOT anti-guns... keep buying H&K!!)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join