It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Obama Approval Rating Lowest Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
President Obama's job ratings are among the weakest of his presidency, with half of Americans saying implementation of his landmark health law has not met expectations. The congressional ballot is a dead heat among all registered voters, but Republicans hold an edge among those most likely to vote

Just 41 percent of American adults approve of his job as president, with 52 percent saying they disapprove.
That’s the worst rating Obama has received in a Post-ABC poll since he became president in 2009

Democrats face serious obstacles as they look to the November elections, with President Obama’s approval rating at a new low and a majority of voters saying they prefer a Congress in Republican hands to check the president’s agenda, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

Obama’s approval rating fell to 41 percent, down from 46 percent through the first three months of the year and the lowest of his presidency in Post-ABC News polls. Just 42 percent approve of his handling of the economy, 37 percent approve of how he is handling the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and 34 percent approve of his handling of the situation involving Ukraine and Russia.

Post-ABC News poll shows Democrats at risk in November as Obama’s approval rating falls

Americans express continued discontent about the country’s direction, with two-thirds saying things are on the wrong track
Asked whether each party’s incumbents deserve relection, at least six in 10 say they do not

The Affordable Care Act is expected to be a major issue in the midterm elections
Republicans will have plenty of ammo to use in regards to Obamacare, but they better be prepared for alternatives to fixing the ACA

edit on 29-4-2014 by snarky412 because: fix link

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Wonderful...Next election you can vote for the other side of the coin, rinse and repeat. They're dusting off the puppets as we speak!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I would love to know what exactly that 41% approves of.

Sucking in general?

In that case I too approve.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm sure the next guy will repair all our ills and be an awesome individual.
edit on 4/29/2014 by intelligenthoodlum33 because: too mean

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Obama’s approval rating fell to 41 percent

41% "*Approve*" !!!!!

THAT scares me more than anything under the Sun !!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Obama’s approval rating fell to 41 percent

41% "*Approve*" !!!!!

THAT scares me more than anything under the Sun !!!!

And he's got to 2016 to keep screwing our country
Wonder what his approval rating will be when he leaves office, unless by some miracle, he's able to pull something out of his azz to help the people instead of hurting them

I'm an Independent and the possible runners for 2016 DO NOT look good, for either side
Independents never have a chance of winning, only the 2 party crappers win

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Big naughty terrorist attack, that's what he needs.... I mean it did wonders for Bush when he was in this position. Sad thing is there's probably some advisor sitting in front of him right now proposing the same thing. "you need a good crisis mr president"

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I prefer to average public rating polls over the term, not that it would help here, but a single data point won't give you the broader picture.

The bush's are noted as having both some of the highest and lowest public approval ratings, while Kennedy had the most bipartisan support on average.

Oh I wonder how Kennedy May have shaped our world...
edit on 29-4-2014 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Infact I wouldn't be surprised if he single handedly finds the missing airliner hahaha.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: danielhanson420
Big naughty terrorist attack, that's what he needs.... I mean it did wonders for Bush when he was in this position. Sad thing is there's probably some advisor sitting in front of him right now proposing the same thing. "you need a good crisis mr president"

Or another Mother Nature disaster

Obama and Romney were sorta neck & neck until Hurricane Sandy
The debates lost their fizzle and the focus was on the victims and Obama/Christy
Romney lost his steam not to mention the attention had shifted away from him towards Obama and the recovery efforts

edit on 29-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I'm a Indian. Call me racist, but I voted against a black president.... And a white one, and a etc...

I want a better outcome than change.

What's the opinions of the members to evaluate a new president that will actually do something to benefit more than 50% of the US citizens???

It wasn't osmearhim that gave me my free medical care for life, but as for those without it... What good did he really do?

Better approval rating if he was a pro basketball coach imo (racism included)
edit on 29-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Infact I wouldn't be surprised if he single handedly finds the missing airliner hahaha.

lol

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

...unless by some miracle, he's able to pull something out of his azz to help the people instead of hurting them

Or "appear" to help people. But, most likely they will ramp up the rhetoric to fear the enemy without - Putin et al, possibly with a false flag - usually what happens when people get too close to the fact that --- the enemy is within.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
To be fair its really just a case of don't get impeached for him. The ratings that are going to start to matter now are Clinton and Bush. We've already seen bush flirting with that Hispanic vote, smart move for a Republican with presidential ambitions in todays America.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

To be fair its really just a case of don't get impeached for him. The ratings that are going to start to matter now are Clinton and Bush. We've already seen bush flirting with that Hispanic vote, smart move for a Republican with presidential ambitions in todays America.

Seriously, what are you honestly going to impeach him for, Bush 43 didn't get impeached, and he infringed our liberties far more than Obama. Another Bush in the Whitehouse has severe implications, although I lived in FL while he was Gov, he is not a bad guy, will never appeal to the base. They want Rand, who is an asshat compared to his father, his father was genuine, Rand will sell his soul for the biggest check.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe Im not impeaching anyone A, because I live in Britain and B, I was trying to point out that as a second term president he cant run again thus approval ratings probably don't mean a lot to him at this stage in the game. Geb does seem like the smarter sibling... does that make him more or less of a danger? I really don't know.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Truth is, we really don't need any more Clinton's nor Bush in the White House

But who do we have left to choose from aside from these 2 potential candidates???

Nobody comes to mind really

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

I would love to know what exactly that 41% approves of.

I saw an analysis where 35% of the voting public could not be influenced to change their minds. Now we're looking at a more realistic 6% approval rating.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wonder how they media supported by the administration will spin this one.
"A growing 52 percent of American adults approve of his job as president, with 41 percent saying they disapprove."

new topics

top topics

join