It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not JUST a Godzilla movie.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Its a Godzilla VS. Movie...

I can't even begin to explain the level of excitement this causes me.

I grew up watching Godzilla VS what ever... movies,

and as a Funny side note when ever I was asked growing up what I wanted to be when I was older, at least through childhood, my answer never failed to be "Godzilla" ...

That probably stems from the fact my other brother was terrified of him, but thats probably a side issue.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Gammara all the way for this old fart!

Come on, who can resist a gigantic turtle that flies around with fire coming out of it's shell holes!

edit on 29-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Meh...I'm a fan of the 1998 version, personally. Very nice effects, decent plot, smooth flow, exciting to the finish. For someone who isn't a Godzilla buff, that movie was a pretty sweet popcorn flick. This one feels like the Man of Steel of the Godzilla series. Like they're trying to take this Godzilla a little too seriously.
edit on 29-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

yeah this is going to be boss.

Super boss.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Come on, who can resist a gigantic turtle that flies around with fire coming out of it's shell holes!

Oh I toyed with Gammara at times, hell, Godzilla was the gate way to all that crazy japanese media, to this day you throw Giant robots or Monsters on the screen and I am there.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
Meh...I'm a fan of the 1998 version, personally. Very nice effects, decent plot, smooth flow, exciting to the finish. For someone who isn't a Godzilla buff, that movie was a pretty sweet popcorn flick. It feels like they're trying to take this Godzilla a little too seriously.

Okay...

Your entitled to your opinion and all...

And I believe in free speech...

BUT YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

ETA:

What bribes do mods take? that post needs to be TOS for the level of profanity that thought contains.
edit on 29-4-2014 by benrl because: Clearly I am joking in the post above, but mods, seriously, just sayin

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl

originally posted by: seeker1963

Oh I toyed with Gammara at times, hell, Godzilla was the gate way to all that crazy japanese media, to this day you throw Giant robots or Monsters on the screen and I am there.

Oh I get ya!

You just brought back some good memories and I was having fun!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Meh...I'm a fan of the 1998 version, personally. Very nice effects, decent plot, smooth flow, exciting to the finish. For someone who isn't a Godzilla buff, that movie was a pretty sweet popcorn flick. It feels like they're trying to take this Godzilla a little too seriously.

Okay...

Your entitled to your opinion and all...

And I believe in free speech...

BUT YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

ETA:

What bribes do mods take? that post needs to be TOS for the level of profanity that thought contains.

This Godzilla has not yet been released, so perhaps you should wait and see what the movie is actually like before you thumb your nose at my tastes.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
ya looking forward to this one. Seems to have the "essence" of what a Godzilla movie should be// and thank god no Mathew Broderick! (wasn't \godzilla like 20 feet tall in that one? lol. This version of Godzilla looks totally kick ass!

link   

This Godzilla has not yet been released, so perhaps you should wait and see what the movie is actually like before you thumb your nose at my tastes.

I saw that steaming pile you refereed to as a "pretty sweet popcorn flick", it set the bar so low for a Godzilla movie that anything this one does could only be better.

link   
I miss the old school Godzilla movies. They were a testament to giant fire breathing lizards and unplanned urban remodeling

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

GODZIRRA...

Lord how I love that word, from the first I heard it. I've seen them all. Over and over. Starting with the first Godzilla 1954 movie in black and white.

Entranced with the miniature twin fairies who speak in unison. All of it. I can't wait to see this new movie!

Des

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I loved watching the Godzilla VS movies as a kid. I remember every time the video rental place had a new one on the shelf I just had to see it no matter how cheesy it was. Can't wait for the new one to be released.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I saw the first trailers when they came out and had not idea it was a VS movie. Releasing those trailers first was freakin' brilliant!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I miss the hair-on-the-back-of-your-neck Godzilla roar
from the old days. And the hysterical over-dubbed
dialogue...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I can't wait to see this movie...
dat roar 'do!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

This looks like it should be good!

On a side note though, I like how they specify 2D among the modes of presentation...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Sooooooooooooooo pumped. Lifelong Gojira fre here.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rival
I miss the hair-on-the-back-of-your-neck Godzilla roar
from the old days. And the hysterical over-dubbed
dialogue...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Its a Godzilla VS. Movie...

I can't even begin to explain the level of excitement this causes me.

I grew up watching Godzilla VS what ever... movies,

and as a Funny side note when ever I was asked growing up what I wanted to be when I was older, at least through childhood, my answer never failed to be "Godzilla" ...

That probably stems from the fact my other brother was terrified of him, but thats probably a side issue.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to list Godzilla as a role model while growing up (with Daffy Duck being second). He made Gidorah his bitch. And dont even get me started with his versus King Kong. Godzilla hit him for a while, got bored, and said "I'm not even wasting my time with your monkey ass" then went back to the ocean to sleep.

The roar used to be my ring tone for years. That and the theme from Conan the Barbarian. Got a lot of looks from folks in public.
edit on 30-4-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join