It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia criticises Norway over human rights record

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepy01

Asking someone to remove a religious garment is disrespectful where ever you are in the world. Our countries promote tolerance but if we cannot accept another cultures form of dress or religion, how are we being tolerant? That just makes us hypocrites and the stupid laws which ban them is assuming all Muslims are terrorists and cannot be trusted.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy I would never ask a person to remove the cap that is worn by Jewish person but a burkah isn't a religious garment . the Quran states that the women of the house but must be respectful and obey the leader of the household and also the burkah is usually worn by the women because the male asks it not because their religion demands it. also like I said I am tolerant if they wish to wear a head garment that is their choice but a burkah covers the face fully and I for one refuse to trust a complete stranger because of their religion on the off chance that their nice people and wont steal from my family. I have no idea what the garment is hiding a man, women or even a possible extremist, it might even be a white Christian who wants steal. Anybody wearing a full face garment would be asked to remove it regardless of their religion. also I've never said all muslims are extremists. but if they come to our country they should be as tolerant to our culture as we are to theirs. and before you say we aren't tolerant we ask them to remove their burkahs which we ask them to remove it out of fear not because we are offended. but then because our nativity plays offend them because they go against the version of religion they are told. WE ARE THE INTOLERANT ONES.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So cause Norway has freedom of Speach its a human right abuse?

God Saudi Arabia are so backwards!

Meanwhile in Saudi Arabia a woman gets stoned for being raped and 5 gays get hung.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Mohammed and Jesus are both Semites. How come Jesus is shown as white? WTH?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This is rich coming From Saudi Arabia.
A country ruled by tyrants oppressing their own people have no room to talk about other countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join