It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia criticises Norway over human rights record

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
For a Moment, I thought it was satire based solely on the title of the article... It was not.

Saudi Arabia has criticised Norway's human rights record, accusing the country of failing to protect its Muslim citizens and not doing enough to counter criticism of the prophet Mohammed.

The gulf state called for all criticism of religion and of prophet Mohammed to be made illegal in Norway. It also expressed concern at “increasing cases of domestic violence, rape crimes and inequality in riches” and noted a continuation of hate crimes against Muslims in the country.

Russia seems to have complained as well.

Russia meanwhile called for Norway to clamp down on expressions of religious intolerance and and criticised the country’s child welfare system. They also recommended that Norway improve its correctional facilities for those applying for asylum status.

It would seem however that Norway, is taking the common sense approach to the matter.

Norwegian Foreign Minister Børge Brende

“It is a paradox that countries which do not support fundamental human rights have influence on the council, but that is the United Nations,”

Now I may not be familiar with Norway, but I am well aware of Saudi Arabias history of abuses, and Human rights watch list,

Saudi Arabia stepped up arrests, trials, and convictions of peaceful dissidents, and forcibly dispersed peaceful demonstrations by citizens in 2013. Authorities continued to violate the rights of 9 million Saudi women and girls and 9 million foreign workers. As in past years, authorities subjected thousands of people to unfair trials and arbitrary detention. In 2013, courts convicted seven human rights defenders and others for peaceful expression or assembly demanding political and human rights reforms.

It seems a case of the Guilty throwing out accusations just to distract, and muddle things.

Human Rights Watch

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Is this no a bit like the United States of America calling Norway warmongers?

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Saudi Arabia are the most disgusting Nation in the world. There human rights abuse not only is a problem in their own country but also a problem when they decide to send criminals from their country to fight wars and slaughter innocent people. Nothing these parasites say should be given any credibility regardless of whether Norway is or isn't doing the same.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Is this no a bit like the United States of America calling Norway warmongers?

Its like the US calling anyone a terrorist.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
wait what?
that's gotta be a joke.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Kee-ripes! It makes for better theater of the absurd than any kind of reality check. Is Saudi actually saying that their citizens are not treated as well in Norway as they are back home? Now that's a barrelful, is it not?

(post by greencmp removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Saudi Arabia are the most disgusting Nation in the world. There human rights abuse not only is a problem in their own country but also a problem when they decide to send criminals from their country to fight wars and slaughter innocent people. Nothing these parasites say should be given any credibility regardless of whether Norway is or isn't doing the same.

Agreed, mostly.
Saudi Arabia's government and ideology is one of the two most horrible plagues facing this planet.
Guess what the second is ? It rhymes with "hell".

I also agree it's comical paradox to have SA or Russia preach to Norway.

edit on 29-4-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

It's easier just to say Israel

edit on 29-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

And why would you do that ?
Provocation ? Yes for sure.

As humans we have to learn to respect each other, especially if you know it hurts someone to do a certain action.
You're certainly allowed to exercise your right to free speech, but YOU create conflicts by doing stuff like that.

Peace and ... ???? I forgot sorry

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Who can forget that recent video of that Norwegian beating his servant? Oh wait...

Saudi Arabia: The Middle East’s Real Apartheid State

There is a country in the Middle East where 10 percent of the population is denied equal rights because of their race, where black men are not allowed to hold many government positions, where black women are put on trial for witchcraft and where the custody of children is granted to the parent with the most “racially superior” bloodline.

This Apartheid State is so enormously powerful that it controls American foreign policy in the Middle East even as its princes and princesses bring their slaves to the United Kingdom and the United States.

That country is Saudi Arabia.

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

That looks like an American pedophile with a Western child, notice the child's blue eyes? But since everything is funny and no-one can do anything about it, I hope this one makes you lol

[SNIPPED]

edit on 29-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/29/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
It would seem however that Norway, is taking the common sense approach to the matter.

Haha, good one! Gotta catch my breath for a moment, I haven't laughed so hard in a long while.

Norway has anything but common sense. The only reason why we're starting to see some sense shine through is thanks to the fact that the idiot Jens Stoltenberg of the AP party is no longer in power.

I've been in Norway for a decade and a half now, I've seen what Islam brings first hand. I came a liberal, am now the furthest thing away from it thanks to these idiots.

link   

originally posted by: greencmp
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I like to think that Jesus in this pic, is wondering how long before someone is killed over Muhammad being next to him.
edit on Tue Apr 29 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
Peace be upon you... fellow slave owners.

Peace be upon you …

I have a [male] slave I bought from an African country and arranged for his visa and stay till I got him to Saudi [Arabia]

His description:

1 – Black skin. Tall 172 sm. Weight 60 kilos.
2 – Castrated (excellent for working with a family) you can check him with a doctor our yourself if you have experience in the matter.
3 – [His] health is quite undamaged and has no imperfections.
4 – Age 26 years.
5 – Religion muslim and [he is] obedient and will not disobey you except in what displeases God. Please, the matter is very serious and is not a joke.

No it’s not a joke. Saudi Arabia had an estimated 300,000 slaves in 1960. Slavery was then officially abolished, but unofficially continues to exist.

Saudis who travel outside their country sometimes bring their slaves with them, leading to run-ins with the law. One of the ugliest such incidents was the murder of a slave by a Saudi prince in London.

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

And why would you do that ?
Provocation ? Yes for sure.

As humans we have to learn to respect each other, especially if you know it hurts someone to do a certain action.
You're certainly allowed to exercise your right to free speech, but YOU create conflicts by doing stuff like that.

Peace and ... ???? I forgot sorry

Maybe, because he believes freedom of expression to be the most basic human right.

That is most often violated by these countries.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

What they want to establish in non muslim countries is a violation in human rights in itself. Its sickening not only raping Norwegian females ( also happens in Sweden too ) they also seem to be ready to kill their own people. How can this be religion of PEACE ?

What comes to Russia and all these child welfare system attacks.. that is what Russia has done for decades. It doesn´t matter to Russia is the interventions in families with serious problems justified, just that when there is one or two russian parents involved its an attack from the goverment of the country against russian people ( politics similar to Crimea situation.. russians are always right )

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What a load of crap. Those in glass houses, Saudi Arabia, those in glass houses.

When Saudi Arabia itself can stop being ass backwards & oppressive, then maybe I'll take the whining seriously. Until then, it's just hypocritical whining.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
What a load of crap. Those in glass houses, Saudi Arabia, those in glass houses.

When Saudi Arabia itself can stop being ass backwards & oppressive, then maybe I'll take the whining seriously. Until then, it's just hypocritical whining.

Or the fact they have pursued holy war against other Muslims, just of a different type than they...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

That looks like an American pedophile with a Western child, notice the child's blue eyes? But since everything is funny and no-one can do anything about it, I hope this one makes you lol

[image snipped]

I actually laughed at that.

Humor, should have no limits.

It should be able to use any topic, if anything, to point out the absurdity of the stance in the first place.

ETA:

Question my faith, Mock my god, Mock me for having faith, Mock anything about me and my beliefs, And I will fight for your right to do it.

Freedom of Belief, of thought, of Speech, are of paramount importance to every human being, and is the most vital of HUMAN Rights.
edit on 29-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Apr 29 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join