It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporatization is The Enemy, What to Do?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Such a simplistic view.

How much money do you think it takes to become a brain surgeon? Do you think some kid living in poverty in a ghetto in LA is going to be able to come up with that kind of coin even if he has the smarts to make it happen? What about an airline pilot? You think it's cheap to become a pilot?

The problem isn't that brain surgeons make more than Janitors. I think everyone can agree that one job is clearly more demanding than the other. The problem is that there isn't a clean slate for everyone. You're a liar if you're going to tell me there is.

Joe Blow from idaho grows up in an affluent white suburban family and his dad is a doctor or a lawyer and his mom is a working professional. He has his college degree bought and paid for before he ever gets to junior high. Are you going to tell me that kid has the same chance of becoming a brain surgeon as some hood rat from south central LA who's mom is on food stamps while working at burger king and doesn't even know how she's going to pay the rent next month?

I like how simple it is in your world. Simple indeed.

Put everyone on the same footing in life with the same opportunities, and I'm sure more people would be just fine with gravitating a little more to the political/economic spectrum you occupy.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Become a corporation.

Just respect the constitution. Your customers will(if marketed well" buy your service,goods,product over the unconstitutional corporation.

You choose who you give your money to. No one is forcing you to validate vulture capitalism.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Vermont First State To Call For Constitutional Convention To Get Money Out Of Politics

On Friday Vermont became the first state to call for a convention to amend the U.S. Constitution to reverse the U.S. Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision, which precipitated a flood of cash into politics.

Mike Monetta, 37, drove from Boston with a colleague and spent more than 10 hours Thursday in the House gallery waiting for the lower chamber to vote on the Senate-passed resolution, which — as lawmakers race to wrap things up before the end of the biennium — was taken up at the end of a marathon floor session.

He was back in the gallery Friday morning to see Vermont’s resolution get final approval from the House. Monetta is the organizing director for Wolf PAC, which he described as a political action committee to end all political action committees.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Listening to this YT clip and thought I should share ...It just may be that if we allow tptb structure to collapse on themselves we as a collective will use the best form of origination that comes from us naturally . Anarchy ..One of the most vilified and suppressed systems we know so little about . www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

What to do?

Voting won't really help at least not currently, that doesn't mean you shouldn't it just means that we as Americans shouldn't expect to solve this problem by doing so. I think it can help to vote people in that will name this problem... they can help spread the message but they really won't be able to solve much. I would go as far to say that we should be seeking out candidates willing to name this problem regardless of the letter after their names. But those voices tend to get drowned out or they ultimately get seduced by money and the illusion of power. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Uhmmmmm? Can't one simply own shares in these businesses and have a vote at the annual general meetings where the board and their bonuses get voted on?

Owning shares also means one can sit on that very same board of company directors.

Now personally I find such reliance upon any business to be demeaning and a sign that I am not self sufficient BUT working within the broken system ... it is only broken if one doesn't know what the hell one is doing as there are levers of control available to the common man.

Basically if you can't fight it ... then OWN it!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Surely your not talking about the jerb creators...

Anyhow, the trend lately, especially by the scotus, is to empower corporations meddling in politics more than ever. How do you stop that?

yes..

I think the SCOTUS determined Twice... that corporations have no limits on funding or contributions to Politicians (it's 'free speech')

since corporations hold the most sway over policies & laws to be enacted... One's best hope is to align with a corp. that suites your goals & ambitions... (if you already aligned with a main-stream religion and/or main-stream political party or graduated from the Harvards/Yales to grease your career... then aligning with a corporation is not a big stretch)
~on whatever level~

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The issue here is that people tend to vote without thinking about who they are voting for. And unfortunately, a candidate, who hopes to be elected, often has to get funding to be able to function in the USA, including that of a corporation, and the money it can provide.

The solution is a lot more simple than you think and it takes a 2 fold effort. First is the voter, they have to actually vote, and get out there for every election. The sad part is that more and more people are so disinterested or believe that their vote does not count, that they do not go. If they participated more in the political process, and voted, got things on the ballots and the backing to make such changes, it would happen. A politician is not stupid, he has to balance between what the voter wants and those who give him money. If he can balance it right, it is an easy walk into office.

The second would be a law that pretty much makes it illegal for lobbyist to do such outside of their own home state. That means a lobbyist from California or say Utah, should not have the right to travel to another state to affect the outcome of that vote. Far too often lobbyist go to great lengths to woo and gather support from different legislators, including donating heavily to their campaigns. If the lobbyist were banned from crossing state lines, where they could not go into say DC or any place where the legislators were, then just maybe the politicians would have to actually do something, beyond pander to the few to affect the majority.

Though it is wishful thinking, it would be nice to have a politician who speaks the truth, and does not make a promise he or she knows they can not keep.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Corporations were a large portion of what caused the revolutionary war here in the U.S. and were kept on a short leash until the 1890's.

Somebody forgot to close the gate and the dogs got out of the yard.

People always forget.

This is nothing new.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That's funny one should say become a "corporation" when in a way, that is what the "freeman movement" was and is about, and "freeman" talk here is generally discounted as a bunch of baloney.

a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is the wording of the 28th Amendment proposal that Vermont is acting on by it's decision to invoke Article V of the US Constitution.

"Corporations are not people. They have none of the Constitutional rights of human beings. Corporations are not allowed to give money to any politician, directly or indirectly. No politician can raise over $100 from any person or entity. All elections must be publicly financed."

*Note: The finished legislation will be worded differently and have to account for inflation, etc. This is simply to point the legislators in the right direction and make sure the final amendment accomplishes the goals we have outlined here.

Link

I wasn't sure if I could post that before as it may have fallen under petitioning but now that a State has actually moved specifically on this I thought it might be okay. Apologies if I'm wrong.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
person

n. 1) a human being. 2) a corporation treated as having the rights and obligations of a person. Counties and cities can be treated as a person in the same manner as a corporation. However, corporations, counties and cities cannot have the emotions of humans such as malice, and therefore are not liable for punitive damages unless there is a statute authorizing the award of punitive damages

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!!.

Malicious Corporate Persons running roughshod over your planet.

Your Grandpa tried to tell you about this, but he was passed off as a senile old man.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join