It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biology of Belief, A Presentation That Will Change The Way You Think

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You always hear how stress and thoughts affect your body....but did you ever wonder how? This is an eye opening presentation by Dr. Bruce Lipton...

In this video you will get a brief lesson on biology like youve never heard before...this is not your granpas bilogy. This shows that our perception of reality actually creates that reality in our bodies!

Bruce turned his back on a very promising career as a cell biologist to draw up a new paradigm that is built on connectiveness and co-operation. He argues that evolution has flourished only because of co-operation, not because of competition. The implications go far and deep and he provides evidence for a spiritual aspect to life in that our bodys are receivers for the transmissions of the soul!

This one is also great:

Enjoy, and share your thoughts!

--GeminiSky

edit on 29-4-2014 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am not sure what this is about, as I can't read what you posted....I have vision problems, and that causes me to forgo reading any colored text.
I'll check out the videos when I get a few spare moments, though, and let you know what I think.
Your thread title has left me curious as to the content!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I am not sure what this is about, as I can't read what you posted....I have vision problems, and that causes me to forgo reading any colored text.
I'll check out the videos when I get a few spare moments, though, and let you know what I think.
Your thread title has left me curious as to the content!

I wanted to reply...but would you be able to see it? lets try this:

In this video you will get a brief lesson on biology like youve never heard before...this is not your granpas bilogy. This shows that our perception of reality actually creates that reality in our bodies! Bruce turned his back on a very promising career as a cell biologist to draw up a new paradigm that is built on connectiveness and co-operation. He argues that evolution has flourished only because of co-operation, not because of competition. The implications go far and deep and he provides evidence for a spiritual aspect to life in that our bodys are receivers for the transmissions of the soul!

Can you see that>?

GS

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeminiSky
You always hear how stress and thoughts affect your body....but did you ever wonder how? This is an eye opening presentation by Dr. Bruce Lipton...

In this video you will get a brief lesson on biology like youve never heard before...this is not your granpas bilogy. This shows that our perception of reality actually creates that reality in our bodies!

Bruce turned his back on a very promising career as a cell biologist to draw up a new paradigm that is built on connectiveness and co-operation. He argues that evolution has flourished only because of co-operation, not because of competition. The implications go far and deep and he provides evidence for a spiritual aspect to life in that our bodys are receivers for the transmissions of the soul!

This one is also great:

Enjoy, and share your thoughts!

--GeminiSky

"The New Biology"...." The New New Testament".

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
ah yes i'm very familiar with this...have always found this subject interesting and also the way it relates to law of
attraction, creative visualization, power of intention, power of subconscious mind, biokinesis, reprogramming the subconscious, cell talking, affirmations, autosuggestion, belief, prayer, neville goddard, NAPs, etc.

on the Changing Physical Appearance group on the PowerfulIntentions forum (www.powerfulintentions.org...) you can read a lot of success stories from people (though not everyone) who changed or at least considerably lightened their eye color, grown taller VERY fast, cured skin conditions (eczema is one example, got rid of acne, lightened their skin, one guy's hair went from brown to blond, and so on.

google "cell talking david" if you're interest, it really ties in with bruce lipton's work

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GeminiSky

I am a Lipton fan. I have seen his presentations, and various interviews, they are very enlightening.

I am also a fan of Gregg Braden.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Stop making threads! I'm too tempted to bookmark them!! Haha. Jk.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

This shows that our perception of reality actually creates that reality in our bodies!

No. Just no.

No scientific evidence has ever been presented for something like this and when it is it certainly won't be in a youtube presentation, it would be in peer-reviewed published journals. Mind does not control matter - by what mechanism WOULD IT? This is pseudoscience at best, and a new age con-job at worst. If this guy used to be a real scientist he may have given it up because bunk science is that much easier.

It is true that we have some minor control over our perception (as in psychosomatic reactions, and the placebo effect) but that is not a direct control over our biology. Such a thing should be easy for Bruce to prove though, so why hasn't he collected James Randi's million dollars yet?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Titen-Sxull

This shows that our perception of reality actually creates that reality in our bodies!

No. Just no.

No scientific evidence has ever been presented for something like this and when it is it certainly won't be in a youtube presentation, it would be in peer-reviewed published journals. Mind does not control matter - by what mechanism WOULD IT? This is pseudoscience at best, and a new age con-job at worst. If this guy used to be a real scientist he may have given it up because bunk science is that much easier.

It is true that we have some minor control over our perception (as in psychosomatic reactions, and the placebo effect) but that is not a direct control over our biology. Such a thing should be easy for Bruce to prove though, so why hasn't he collected James Randi's million dollars yet?

Have you watched the videos in the OP? It appears you have not. Of course we do not have conscious control over things like out heartbeat (I cant think my heart into stopping)

There still exist mechanisms whereby thoughts affect our bodies. Yes. Just Yes.

GS

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MeteoraXV
ah yes i'm very familiar with this...have always found this subject interesting and also the way it relates to law of
attraction, creative visualization, power of intention, power of subconscious mind, biokinesis, reprogramming the subconscious, cell talking, affirmations, autosuggestion, belief, prayer, neville goddard, NAPs, etc.

on the Changing Physical Appearance group on the PowerfulIntentions forum (www.powerfulintentions.org...) you can read a lot of success stories from people (though not everyone) who changed or at least considerably lightened their eye color, grown taller VERY fast, cured skin conditions (eczema is one example, got rid of acne, lightened their skin, one guy's hair went from brown to blond, and so on.

google "cell talking david" if you're interest, it really ties in with bruce lipton's work

This is interesting I will google it... I do think this is related to the subconscious. Its amazing how Bruce has tracked down the exact physical processes and reactions that occur in response to our thoughts! Amazing!

GS

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I am a Lipton fan. I have seen his presentations, and various interviews, they are very enlightening.

I am also a fan of Gregg Braden.

Is Gregg also doing similar research? I will have to look him up...

GS

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

Stop making threads! I'm too tempted to bookmark them!! Haha. Jk.

I dont know whats gotten into me! Cant..stop...threading...LOL

GS

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yes he is. Lipton and Braden often times work together.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

I will embed it for you...this is incredible!!! This guy is right on point, the heart creates a magnetic field strong enough to be detected by satellites in space! Simply amazing..

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Here is another one to embed. I'm so old school.

www.youtube.com...

I am very happy to see more of this type of thread happening on ATS.

edit on 29-4-2014 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

Here is another one to embed. I'm so old school.

www.youtube.com...

I am very happy to see more of this type of thread happening on ATS.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yeah, Bruce Lipton is an interesting thinker. Biology of Belief was an awesome book, although now and then I'd disagree with a way he's thinking about something, the general idea, that environmental influences guide gene activities, this is true, and it's an extremely interesting, though extremely complex, area of science called "epigenetics".

I also bought Liptons "spontaneous evolution", where he discusses his deeper vision for the type of future he believes we humans can achieve. I love his vision, and I resonate deeply with his compassion and love he has for others. But again, I wouldn't say I agree with everything he says in that book either.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Not even going to comment on Braden . . . he is a kook that presents no evidence outside of assertion.

As far as Lipton, these videos get posted all the time . . . and lead to nothing more than drivel. Yes . . . his concepts seem possible, and moreover, really cool. Who wouldn't want to believe consciousness (whether universal or personal) has some bearing on the physical world outside of basic perception.

However, Lipton came up with his "ideas" for no other reason than he didn't have an explanation for his observations of stem cells. He could have done additional research on the phenomenon he observed, but instead jumped to the supernatural.

What he witness (half a century ago, BTW) is nothing more than Asymmetric Cell Division. We now know exactly why certain cells (including stem cells) behave that way.

An asymmetric cell division produces two daughter cells with different cellular fates. This is in contrast to normal, symmetric, cell divisions, which give rise to daughter cells of equivalent fates. Notably, stem cells divide asymmetrically to give rise to two distinct daughter cells: one copy of the original stem cell as well as a second daughter programmed to differentiate into a non-stem cell fate. (In times of growth or regeneration, stem cells can also divide symmetrically, to produce two identical copies of the original cell.

I'm assuming you think the movies "The Secret" and "What the Bleep Do We Know" are accurate views of reality?
edit on 4/29/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeminiSky
a reply to: Witness2008

I will embed it for you...this is incredible!!! This guy is right on point, the heart creates a magnetic field strong enough to be detected by satellites in space! Simply amazing..

Yet . . . No one makes this claim other than Braden.

I'm assuming you've verified that he actually tried to physically measure said field? Could you link to his findings and data?

I'll help you . . . outside of his YouTube vids or the books he sells . . . this is the only other place for that information. Curiously enough, it is Braden's blog where he talks about his books.
Braden's BS blog of pseudoscience

ETA- BTW, I'm referring to his claims about space and reality . . . not that the heart generates the largest field in the body. That is a fact, beyond that however . . . Please show where Braden shows any evidence?
edit on 4/29/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: solomons path

Thank you for your OPINIONS...just to be clear not everyone shares them with you...is that alright? I don't agree 100% with everything presented, but I keep an open mind, and this information does resonate with me...dare i say, magnetically=)

GS

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join