It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Sterling Banned for Life due to Racist Comments. I see a Conspiracy here.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Im not sure there is a clean one among them (well, maybe sterlings wife)

Nope. She's just as bad. Two days ago she was screaming 'racist' at hubby-dearest in the press. Now TMZ is saying that she's going around holding hands with him and saying he's no racist. She did a 180 change. Payoff ...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yea, she's a pretty ugly lady... Think about it for a quick second. She stayed with this racist (she knew he was a racist, and even worse as a minority) but stayed with him because he gave her money.... Just a pathetic person all around...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
So much for due process. The evidence seems overwhelming but I think Silver acted hastily and arbitrarily. The conspiracy angle occurred to me as well. The new buyer is going to get a much better price on damaged goods than they would have paid otherwise.

Due process would be if this was a legal issue, it is not, it is a business (NBA) trying to protect its business. Also I dont hink the price of the team will be affected because of its owners actions. The product is still a product. He bought the team for $12.5 mil and it is now valued at $575 mil. So even if the price does come down, we are still looking at 100's of millions here.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yeah that could be true I could see thats a good conspiracy thought there with Magic johnson and his ownership group

But to the peole who are saying who am I to judge another mans private conversations and that this wa snot a good move by the comissioner. I owuld say this that you can;t have an owner who has said what he said about black peole and be in a postion of power. The die was cast when what he said became public. And add to that the slave and plantation owner aspectthatr is there, which he may not be cogziant of that fact but its there. " I care for them I give them houses,clothes,cars." No theres no way he can remain an owner sayng those things and when 75% of your team is black. (thats being fair)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

H eis being kicked out because of the media out cry about it 15 years ago there wasnt TMZ.

and there wasnt' constant media playing th erecording talking about the recordings

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
He is the king of doosh bags, but can you really ban and force him to sell ?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am convinced that there is not one person out there who hasn't made racist comments, no matter what race you are. And if you say you haven't there is a high probability that you're lying. At some point in your life you've said something that was racist. Everyone has, although to different degrees. So why does everyone act like it is the end of the world when someone else does it? I don't even know what the guy said to be honest, but it shouldn't matter.

If I were him I would sue first whoever recorded these private conversations, as well as file a lawsuit against the NBA, as the remarks this man made in private have absolutely no bearing on his owning a basketball team. And this goes for any company that would fire someone for what they do in private, as long as they are not breaking the law.

We still have freedom of speech in the United States, therefore a person cannot have action taken against them for their statements. If others don't like it does not matter, as long as the law was not broken. Just because the NBA doesn't want to be associated with this person doesn't matter, both because the remarks were private, and he has a right to free speech.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I probably missed something, but Now I am not allowed to tell my girlfriend I don't want her to be hanging around black people? Or is there a clause in the NBA owner contract?

What if it was his daughter and he didnt want her hanging out with the local biker gang? Or the extremist muslim? Is that against the law now as well? Or is it just black folks?

He is said to be a known racist for 30 some years yet the NAACP was about to give him an award.

I heard today the NAACP made a request to the NBA for tickets for poor black kids to attend games and this racist was the only owner to step up and give free tickets.

If I was him, I would just shut the team down. everybodies fired. Pay off their contracts and take a hike.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

right you have free speech and you can say dont hang out with these types of people and all that. But when you employ a certain race of people that your discrminating against thats the problem.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
He is the king of doosh bags, but can you really ban and force him to sell ?

Yes, they can... If 24 of the 32 owners state they want him gone, he is gone... It's not like this will hurt him though, he paid like $20 million for the team back 20 or so years ago and it's now worth around $500 million now... You can't financially hurt him, but you can kick him out, which is likely a feeling he hasn't felt too often in his lifetime, knowing he is constantly surrounded by "Yes" men.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

But he employees basketball players. And they don't have to work for him.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

But he employees basketball players. And they don't have to work for him.

Well, they are drafted... Or their contract is traded to the team or they signed one with the team. You are right that they don't need to work for him, but they won't be allowed to work with any other NBA team. They would have to go find other work or play basketball overseas

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: youdidntseeme

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
So much for due process. The evidence seems overwhelming but I think Silver acted hastily and arbitrarily. The conspiracy angle occurred to me as well. The new buyer is going to get a much better price on damaged goods than they would have paid otherwise.

Due process would be if this was a legal issue, it is not, it is a business (NBA) trying to protect its business. Also I dont hink the price of the team will be affected because of its owners actions. The product is still a product. He bought the team for $12.5 mil and it is now valued at $575 mil. So even if the price does come down, we are still looking at 100's of millions here.

I was merely using Silver's own words from a few days ago.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver said Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling "should be afforded due process" amid the alleged racist comments he made in an audio recording obtained by TMZ.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So now if you own a restaurant and make a racist remark in private, you can be removed even though you OWN it??

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
When I saw this on the news, my gag reflex activated. Ahh the drama of being Politically Correct in all you do.

Well ... here's my statement in return: I am totally boycotting everything about the NBA IRL. I'm not associating with anyone who even wears a team logo from now on. /sarc. LOL ... like I ever gave a crap about roundball anyway. Everyone has their prejudices.

Why is this guy being singled out? Somebody wants his money and the race issue is simply being exploited at a moment of opportunity. It's quite disgusting if you think the whole thing through.

Flag for the OP and stars all around!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

well they dont have to work for him but they would be in breach of their contract and out money and not just the team could sue them but th eleague could punish them as well

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cleverhans

you have to continue the example comparison. is this restaurant in a league/chain of restaurants does the owner of said restaurant have a majority of race of people he insulted working for him?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Lets try this example picture your a carpenter at a job site you and the foreman are having a private conversation. He says some of the most racist hateful stuff you have ever heard. you tell your friend on the job site. so word spreads now almost the whole job site knows about it. should the foreman be removed fromt hat job site? For the safety of the foreman and others?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Let's say it's a chain, and there's nothing in the contract that explicitly prohibits this behavior, can the owner still be forced to leave? My bets are no, and that it would not hold up in court.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Good riddance. It's good to know not everyone is as accepting of racists as ATS members.

I'm sure someone will blame Obama.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join