It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea and Tractors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
While we see old tractors what the North Koreans see is a sign of wealth and prestige. These are the same people do almost all farming by hand requiring the military to head out twice a year to work in the fields. Those tractors are like gold there.

But they don't even look like good tractors... It looks like something a rich farmer would buy for their kids....

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
While we see old tractors what the North Koreans see is a sign of wealth and prestige. These are the same people do almost all farming by hand requiring the military to head out twice a year to work in the fields. Those tractors are like gold there.

Well that makes sense. I had not thought about that at all.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 4/29/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Elijah23

you see the clearance those bad boys got? 1980's john deeres front wheels attach to the axel the same way as these do, its different. I'm no tractor expert so I'm sure it isnt anything special or weird its just not something i see on many modern tractors for some reason. most of them have a much lower clearance unless your buying specifically for clearance. (I.E a sprayer) I'm assuming rice farming and other types of farming they do requires this clearance?

i guess i understand the thinking behind this one but when your up against countries that for a "Show of force" bomb the # out of the afghan dessert for 10 years, "Showing off" by pulling your missiles with tractors doesn't seem like great intimidation.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
North Korea is a big costumer for my Company.......We make Paper Mache Missiles!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
So...NK is still trying to heat things up by live round firing near SK....old news.

What I don't get is why are they using tractors? This just seems funny to me. Did they scrounge up some local farmers to paint their tractors red and haul the artillery out to the site? Or are these actual military tractors that were purpose built for this? And if so, why tractors? Just seems really strange.

Maybe it is simply political imagery, like the sickle and hammer on the USSR flag?

Communism uses worker imagery, like saying the backbone of the economy is agriculture. Or maybe NK just spent all its money on the missiles.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Everyone else has two factories. one for military trucks and one for farm equipment.

My guess is the trailer for the missiles is also built without the missiles for farm use.
But with a kit to turn it into a missile launcher.

By building duel use trailers you could have a pile of rice straw over the missile launcher when moving them.

This would cause a problem with the enemy having to expend ammo to destroy all trailers. and all tractors.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
Everyone else has two factories. one for military trucks and one for farm equipment.

My guess is the trailer for the missiles is also built without the missiles for farm use.
But with a kit to turn it into a missile launcher.

By building duel use trailers you could have a pile of rice straw over the missile launcher when moving them.

This would cause a problem with the enemy having to expend ammo to destroy all trailers. and all tractors.

Yes, but this is kind of stupid because now it exposes the fact that tractors would be used and so therefore, target all factories, then the tractors themselves.

But no one said the NK government had the brightest bulb in the lamp.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join