It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being the light--and having it stolen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
First off I want to mention Colour Temprature (Color for out US friends).

Color temperatures over 5,000K are called cool colors (bluish white), while lower color temperatures (2,700–3,000 K) are called warm colors (yellowish white through red).

en.wikipedia.org...

Why I mention colour temperature is that in my kitchen I have a florescent light--a "cool" blueish white, and it was when I was sitting at my kitchen table when this first instance happened. I was using my laptop prior, but I had sat back to take a breather from what I was doing when I noticed a "warm" light coming from what I initially thought was behind me. Behind me is a wall, no light source, I still looked behind me to see where this light was coming from and I realised the source was me!.

I felt a little weirded out by this, but my next thought was that someone/thing was sucking up, or feeding off this (my) light. It sacred me a little and I said "no, thats my light, you cant steal it". The light faded.

A few weeks after this, when I went to bed I noticed a cool blueish glow, in my otherwise unlit bedroom. Again I noticed the source was me, I thought it was kinda cool that I could see my room lit up from the glow. But then a feeling of dread came over me and again I felt as if something was sucking up (stealing) my light. I told it to F-off and the room returned to darkness.

I have no idea what caused me to think my light was being stolen on both these occasions, and have never noticed myself as a light source before. My ratio for this thread is to find out if any other users on this forum have experienced this? Either the glowing or the feeling like its being sucked up or stolen?.

I have entertained the possibility that I am just completely mad, but I have always been mad and never glowed before, so this seems unlikely as a cause.

Your thoughts ATS?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Most people start with yellow. You can push that light onto other people and things with curious results.

Of course ... everyone's gonna think I'm loony-tunes now!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
I dont think I want to push my light onto people, what would that cause?

Is there meaning behind the different colours?

Is this what is called "Aurora"? or is it different?

Sorry for the questions, and I dont think you're loony-tunes.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

It's called an aura. And I think that it is definitely what you experienced. The sucking of the light may be a vampiric astral entity, or any infinite possibility of a type of being. Perhaps a dead human or even an alive one. If alive maybe unconsciously perpetrating the sucking. The sucking would be that of sucking energy.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio
Thanks, now that I know what it is I can research it better. Googling "weird light coming from me" didnt return the results I expected.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I'd like to offer an esoteric suggestion for the light you see. It comes from Jesus's teachings to his chosen disciples
after his supposed death.

It comes from the Askew and Bruce Codices which are held in the British Museum and the Bodleian Library respectively.

These codices tell the Gnostic story about about the Pistis Sophia and her 'light'. Jesus tells of the harassment for this light by an evil group.

You could probably google this and you may find the story in the Gnostic gospels. Perhaps it relates to your experiences. The best reference for this is Christian O'Brien's book The Path of Light. The Codices are virtually ignorred by Christianity because they are the only ones we know that are recorded by the real Matthew, Philip and Thomas. As you know Gnosticism lost out to Christianity. Hope it helps.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Interesting experience, would tend to agree with the above posters it sounds like you have a sucker on your tail, Astral vampirism is taught or supposedly taught in many LHP paths/schools.
There are protection methods against these folk, i would recommend looking into some of these, Vampirism can leave you feeling unwell,tired,nervous and so on.

Also to Snarl
pushing your light onto others may not be a great idea, your centers need balance not overt interference in others aura's this will lend towards confusion, just a thought you are your own person and i am not telling you what to do.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Check out David Wilcox's book The Source Field Investigations.

Studies have shown that DNA absorbs and stores photons of light, and that under certain circumstances we cede this light energy to others to make them stronger.

For instance, if you're in a pack and there's a perceived threat, all the beta members of the group will immediately and unconsciously begin ceding light photons to the leader to increase his ability to confront the problem.

If you examine that paradigm to its logical end, it certainly explains why our so-called "leaders" are so desperate to keep us in a state of fear, uncertainty and confusion. By holding the public in constant duress, they're perpetually siphoning away our energy and absorbing it all for themselves.

Energetic vampires are quite real, and many of them are holding seats in government.
edit on 29-4-2014 by JonButtonIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JonButtonIII

well stated. i completely agree. but, im curious as to what Snarl said concerning the yellow light specifically. what's the significance of the yellow? i'm familiar with the other chakra colors and their corresponding uses so maybe im just blanking out.

and RifRAAF, if it's of any comfort i've had similar experiences, not with the light projecting from me but, with having the light sucked out of me by a negative entity. at the time i was unfamiliar with protection techniques and the like so i didn't know what the do or how to react, i was just completely frightened and frozen with fear. you need to do visualizations and surround yourself with protective light. when you're sleeping and when you're awake to prevent entities from trying to siphon your energy away.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

It's called an aura. And I think that it is definitely what you experienced. The sucking of the light may be a vampiric astral entity, or any infinite possibility of a type of being. Perhaps a dead human or even an alive one. If alive maybe unconsciously perpetrating the sucking. The sucking would be that of sucking energy.

Would this be comparable to chi/light used in Reiki?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

No problem. I can't see auras, incidentally.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

There may be a school of thought that equates chi with light. I'm not familiar with it, though.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks for everyones input, I'm not able to respond coherently at the moment. Its 4am here and I woke up smelling dead, its too faint to be a dead rat or mouse under the house (maybe the neighbors?). Its annoying and making me nauseous

LittleByLittle: I can see how Qi can be interpreted as light, but I cant elaborate on this now. Its to do with frequency, everything has a frequency it resonates at... I know nothing of reiki, I may have to look into it. Also in the kabbalah, everything we seek is light...

CallmeRaskolnikov: Projection techniques? Could I trouble you for a link? The fact you mention being frozen with fear--that is something that had happened the week before this. I wont elaborate on that in this thread as I dont want to go off-topic, but yeah something scared the crap out of me recently.

JonButtonIII: Interesting... I'll have to read more.

Jokerthe1st: what is "LHP paths/schools."? sorry I'm new around here, not up with the acronyms.

Shilo7: I started reading some of the Untitled Text of the Bruice codex earlier, I've read a couple of books by Elaine Pangels on Gnosticism but not really delved much into Naj Hammadi texts before... fragments that are used in books, not much.

I would have completely dismissed "energy vampires" if I was suggested this even 12 months ago, but now--I just dont know.

Thanks all for your input, hopefully this period of high strangeness will subside.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Am curious to learn more about who/what is "sucking" light/energy?

About a month ago, I was in bed, and had the strangest experience with what I can only describe as something sucking the life out of me. I was awake, because I wake up a lot a night to switch sides as my lower back starts to hurt. So, I'm trying to relax and get back to sleeping, when I suddenly feel as if my energy or life force is being sucked out of as if a large vacuum was behind the back of my head. It was such a sudden and strong feeling, that I instinctly moved my arm as if to brush it away or break the connection. And said "no" very strongly, out loud. I turned around, saw nothing of course. But was very unnerved by it.

Since then, I've had two strong illnesses, a stomach bug and then pneumonia. Very tired of course, but wondering if the unearthly tiredness goes beyond recovering from physical illness. I've also been very forgetful all of the sudden, of names of people...it started since I got sick. Again, I blame it on being fatigued, but it's very odd.

My son is also complaining of being very tired all the time. (he's a young adult, otherwise healthy, fit) He also rarely remembers his dreams, but he recently told me that he kept dreaming all night of a demon after him, and when he'd wake up, he'd try to stay awake long enough to not fall back into the same dream, but he kept doing so. And remembered it all.

So, my question is, how do you make sure you are protected? I've tried seeing myself surrounded by Light/Love before I go to sleep, and my house, yard surrounded. Suggestions?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Ok, just adding this link here in case it helps anyone. I found it quite informative for my perspective:
en.wikipedia.org...

Galadriel: I'm not really sure how to "protect" myself from it, sage and rosemary are good protection herbs. Another thread here mentioned salting the windows--I have not tried that yet.

I'm still researching and will post any info I think might be of relevance to this thread.

Thanks

ETA: I am starting to doubt it is a singular entity, but multiple. I dont have anything to back that up other than gut instinct.

edit on 30-4-2014 by RifRAAF because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Nobody can steal what is freely given. Light automatically gives, it shines its warmth and presence through the darkness.

It is truly a gift which keeps on giving.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

here is a site that offers a few different visualization techniques for grounding and protection. a lot of people say use white light but, i've heard mixed things about white light specifically. i usually like to use violet light because it's known to both filter and protect. but, it's really what works best for you and what your comfortable using.

Grounding And Protection Techniques

If you just google protection visualizations or spiritual visualizations or something similar you'll find a lot of information. I know it's hard to know what's going to be of use and what isn't. But, the link above is a good start.

and you mentioned sage and rosemary for protection. in my experience lavender also works wonders for protection against negative energy. i have a bottle of pure lavender oil in my home i use to seal my doors and windows and to add extra protection after a sage smudge. the stuff really works quite well. so well that one time i had a pissed off spirit literally try and break the bottle and shatter the glass by knocking it off my dresser, but luckily it only chipped a bit from getting tossed off and the contents didnt spill.( it was placed in the middle of my dresser and happened to fly off of it while i was sleeping)

Also I know the question wasn't put toward me but LHP stands for Left Hand Path.

edit on 1-5-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov
Thanks or the link and info

You mention lavender, and I'm wondering if wormwood (being related to lavender) would work too? The reason I ask is wormwood is a natural pesticide--I'm thinking there might be some actual science behind these protective qualities?. Here people plant wormwood around their crops to stop kangaroos and wallabys eating them...

Rosemary is a natural preservative and also related to lavender I believe??...

Looks like I'm going to plant a herb garden

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

i personally have never tried using wormwood in that regard(as a spiritual protection agent). It isn't in the same family, genius or species or anything as lavender so I don't think they are really related in anyway. Unless there's something I'm missing? I'm familiar with wormwood more for it's inclusion in Absinth. Though, it's awesome that people use it to protect their gardens from pests. I've heard of a lot of wonderful herbs and things that work in the same manner. Like planting onions or shallots next to other tubers will protect them from getting eaten by groundhogs and the like. I actually saw an entire book a couple years back that was all about garden planning. How to maximize pest and vermin control by planting certain plants next to specific others and such. I used to have a rather large garden plot for years, me and the ex grew all our own produce, herbs etc. Fresh lavender is the best, though you can easily find it in essential oil or powdered incense form, both are very effective for spirit projection from negative energies. Sometimes before I go to bed if I feel a presence in my room that's making me uncomfortable I will put a little lavender on my third eye, my pillow and my wrists and it does a good job of acting like a protective barrier.

And Rosemary is in the same Family as Lavender so those two I know are related for sure.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov
I'm not sure where I read that wormwood was related to lavender (I thought it was erowid but looking at the site it seems not), I stand corrected, thank you.

There are a lot of species of wormwood, the absinthe variety grows around here but you cant just soak it in vodka to make absinthe.

My neighbor 2 doors down has a lot of lavender growing down the side so I might have to pay her a visit in the morning.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join