It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Sphere": Curiosity Sol 610...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Some know but cannot tell what they know, so in order to share data they know it has to be released in a fashion as to not cause any severe interest overload but preform psy-ops @ the same time on doubting/questioning observers. It seems... Some of the info on here is really abovetopsecret
and gives a chance for observation of those who come in contact with it. It seems.
Off topic a close up visual of the Baltic sea anomaly using Titanic scan technology would be interesting... However it has been written of as just another sea rock not saying its not nor is? But that's how you gather populace intel (unknowingly)
edit on 4/29/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

WHY do you think it's impossible for this to have happened naturally?

- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Who said that? I don't avoid questions. I said that that anomaly deserve a more accurate inspection.

Why don't you read all of my posts before speak?

Now: will you answer my questions? Or will you continue to deflect, insult and break the TCs?

What insult? And where?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm with eriktheawful on this one. He is asking the OP one question and no one has answered it:

Is there any reason that a spherical object -- an axiomatical rock -- would be anomalous to Martian geology?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken

I did read ALL of your post, including the words "Anomaly", "Bizarre" and "Absurd".

Arken, I know English is not your first language. So let me ask a new question:

Are you aware of what those words mean?

"Bizarre" means something the is completely unnatural.

"Anomaly" means something that does not normally occur.

"Absurd" means something that is considered either funny or outrageous.

By using those words you are declaring that rock: unnatural, impossible to be there naturally.

So again: WHY do you think this? You do NOT say WHY you consider this rock "Bizarre", "Absurd" and an "Anomaly" anywhere in your posts....

Except that it has a round shape.

Now THAT is a "Absurd" reason to declare something "Bizarre" or an "Anomaly", unless you can show how it's impossible for a rock to form that way on Mars.

So please enlighten us: tell us why you think that there is no way for a rock to be round on Mars.

I am not belittling you at all on this. But this is Space Exploration. Not Skunk Works. You need to support any outrageous claims in this forum. I'm simply asking you for your supporting evidence.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: lemmin
Is there any reason that a spherical object -- an axiomatical rock -- would be anomalous to Martian geology?

Sometimes like the OP posted or like this one

but not always...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

I did read ALL of your post, including the words "Anomaly", "Bizarre" and "Absurd".

Arken, I know English is not your first language. So let me ask a new question:

Are you aware of what those words mean?

"Bizarre" means something the is completely unnatural.

"Anomaly" means something that does not normally occur.

"Absurd" means something that is considered either funny or outrageous.

By using those words you are declaring that rock: unnatural, impossible to be there naturally.

So again: WHY do you think this? You do NOT say WHY you consider this rock "Bizarre", "Absurd" and an "Anomaly" anywhere in your posts....

Except that it has a round shape.

Now THAT is a "Absurd" reason to declare something "Bizarre" or an "Anomaly", unless you can show how it's impossible for a rock to form that way on Mars.

So please enlighten us: tell us why you think that there is no way for a rock to be round on Mars.

I am not belittling you at all on this. But this is Space Exploration. Not Skunk Works. You need to support any outrageous claims in this forum. I'm simply asking you for your supporting evidence.

You are trying waaay too hard to be popular, why does it upset you so much? HaHA Jesus man lighten up!

Oh Btw Arken thanks again for another post and dont let these tools try and bring you down.

srry for english

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Arken, I know English is not your first language.

So again: WHY do you think this? You do NOT say WHY you consider this rock "Bizarre", "Absurd" and an "Anomaly"

Right,
apologize, for my grammar, so I ask for assistance at the Oxford Dictionary
From www.oxforddictionaries.com...

Bizarre: Very strange or unusual, especially so as to cause interest or amusement.
Origin mid 17th century: from French, from Italian bizzarro 'angry'.

When compared the "Sphere"with the surrounding soil/terrain and other rocks nearby it is rather bizarre...

Absurd: illogical, or inappropriate.
Origin mid 16th century: from Latin absurdus 'out of tune', hence 'irrational'

When compared the "Sphere"with the surrounding soil/terrain and other rocks nearby it is rather absurd and out of tune, out of place.

Anomaly: Something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected Origin mid 17th century: via late Latin from Greek anōmalos (from an- 'not' + homalos 'even')

When compared the "Sphere"with the surrounding soil/terrain and other rocks nearby it is rather anomalous.

So, in my humble opinion, this kind of anomalous rock MUST be investigate to know HOW, and in wich ENVIRONMENT it was formed.
Is this the main goal of Curiosity, the so called NASA/JPL Rover?

I do not think that the goal of the rover is to wander around Mars with his hands in his pockets and whistling....

edit on 29-4-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As to formation, maybe it was near a very active part of Gale Lake (Gale Ocean, if the entire crater was full up to the three mile mark), and water erosion carved it out. As the water receded maybe the levels went into river-size water flow which would have again, depending on where the rock was in the river/lake water flow, created the rounding effect seen from this particular angle.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arken

Right,
apologize, for my grammar, so I ask for assistance at the Oxford Dictionary
From www.oxforddictionaries.com...

Bizarre: Very strange or unusual, especially so as to cause interest or amusement.
Origin mid 17th century: from French, from Italian bizzarro 'angry'.

I can literally find pics of 100s of natural occurring round rocks on earth,

It is not strange AT ALL, and that's why the rover would not look at it, it happens naturally.

The rock at best is circumstantial evidence for water erosion, something they are looking for with BETTER methods than just observable effects, they are testing SOIL samples as well.

Its like the erosion lines that look like rivers might have flowed through, thats all well and good, but unless they can verify it with test its it means very little beyond what they already know.

I also have to ask, do YOU honestly think, if there was something, NASA wouldn't announce it first, OR if you want to go conspiracy, WOULD NEVER release the pic in the first place.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The main goal of the MSL is to reach the base of Mt. Sharp and investigate the possible layers there.

It's main goal is not to investigate every strange rock. Doing so delays it getting to where it is suppose to be. Each probe and craft built has a life expectancy, and while most probes, rovers and crafts have exceeded their and gone on to continue to do more work, you want them to get to where their mission goal is and do the science they were built for to get done.

THEN you can use them to go exploring around.

You can't change mission parameters on the fly or on a whim. You only change them when something major has happened or been discovered.

A round shaped rock isn't a major discovery.

----------------

The word Bizarre used the way you used it is what we call an exaggeration. The rock really is not bizarre.
The word Absurd should not be used, unless you find the rock funny....or NASA's explanation funny (which I know you do in most cases, so using the word Absurd for that would be okay).

Anomaly is really an over used word. The rock would better be called "unusual" because it's shape (at least in that one picture) does not match the surrounding rocks.

However, it is quite possible for a rock who's shape, mineral content or even type of rock to be "misplaced" by nature.

We have them here on Earth, normally because they were picked up by glaciers from one place and dropped in another place.
Flooding is another cause for the movement of rocks from one place to another, making them out of place.

And in both those cases: the rock can be shaped by those processes.

So really, the rock in your picture is simply "unusual", and not really worthy of breaking the MSL mission parameters to get closer to it.

Now, if you had found another boat anchor rock, or another huge vertebrae formation, THEN using the word "Bizarre" would be a good use, and I would agree with you that it would be worth Curiosity's time to delay it's primary goal to go look at them closer.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

You're new.

Here's a piece of advice: address the actual topic of the thread. NOT the members in the thread.

Doing so is against the TCs.

Have an issue with something a member posted? Hit the ALERT! button and complain to the mods.

As they will tell you: Go after the ball, not the player.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Spherical stones, here on planet Earth are rarity.

Even I can find on the internet a hundred stones perfectly round or spherical but they are still a rarity.

What sets them apart is their formation, ie how they were formed geologically and in what type of environment or weather conditions such as intensity and have them modeled in that shape.

But we're talking about an ENTIRE PLANET. What are the chances of finding one on the way? If you walk 10, 20, 50, km in a desert how many Sphere you can find? NONE!

I also have to ask, do YOU honestly think, if there was something anomalous, that goes beyond what they imagine to find, NASA would like to announce openly and disclose what they found?

So, I do a petition for change the name of the Rover from Curiosity to Lucky!!

edit on 29-4-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Erik...Erik...

Do not be a professor of language or semantics with me. I use and I will use the terms that I consider appropriate.

You stay on topic on the subject and explains why, in your opinion, this "sphere" is not an anomaly.

Always keep in mind the factor of the probabilities/odds.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

An amazing spherical anomaly right in front of the NASA rover called "Curiosity!" (What a strange name for a so indifferent machine...) on Sol 610. How it was formed this Bizarre Sphere? Wind erosion, Water erosion, both, or something else?

Of course I would take a closer look, if I could!

It's almost meaningless whether ot not it's a natural geological feature ... simply because it's sufficiently different from the other formations in that area. So keep getting your stuff out there, Arken, we can never have enough eyeballs on all those images coming back from the red planet.

P.S.: Great find, S&F!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

An amazing spherical anomaly right in front of the NASA rover called "Curiosity!" (What a strange name for a so indifferent machine...) on Sol 610. How it was formed this Bizarre Sphere? Wind erosion, Water erosion, both, or something else?

Of course I would take a closer look, if I could!

It's almost meaningless whether ot not it's a natural geological feature ... simply because it's sufficiently different from the other formations in that area. So keep getting your stuff out there, Arken, we can never have enough eyeballs on all those images coming back from the red planet.

P.S.: Great find, S&F!

Exactly jeep3r! Exactly!
I sill do not understand why some people are so upset for this simple, scientific... C U R I O S I T Y.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

As Erick posted above...

You're not new.

Here's a piece of advice: address the actual topic of the thread. NOT the members in the thread.

Doing so is against the TCs.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I can literally find pics of 100s of natural occurring round rocks on earth,

So isn't that the point arken is making?
Does this show that rocks on mars could have been formed by wind and water at one point? And if so, then when was that?

Also not getting how the abundance of spherical rocks on earth means that finding one on mars is not strange.
That is like comparing earth to mars, or i mean apples to oranges.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Clearly an egg from a giant rock inhabitant of mars.

Weve all seen photos of the rock people of mars , even moving rocks....

its obvious whats going on here

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
A spherical rock could support the idea that mars once had water, but we already know that. I wouldn't make any assumptions on the rock being intelligently design though.
edit on 04pm01pm302014-04-29T13:47:34-05:0001America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join