It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Sphere": Curiosity Sol 610...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
An amazing spherical anomaly right in front of the NASA rover called "Curiosity!" (What a strange name for a so indifferent machine...) on Sol 610. How it was formed this Bizarre Sphere? Wind erosion, Water erosion, both, or something else? How it was formed this absurd spherical anomaly? The unique feature of the Sphere, cast many questions. If you were the JPL "puppeteers" of the Rover, would not want to look more closely at such anomaly to understand its characteristics?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Excellent find Arken!

Obviously, it's a rock. Now that's in the open, we can start speculating about what exactly it is. It seems like it's a sphere with some external "ribs" around it.

In any way, a most curious object and I can't wait to see how this will be explained to have formed naturally.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
It's a Martian Rollie pollie! The rover scared it lol.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Nice. We don't often see rocks on Mars that are that round. Good question as to what makes those spheroid ones. Generally, on Earth, they are formed by water erosion.
a reply to: Arken

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Clearly a picture of my Afro bro.

Seriously though, a rather unorthodox symetrically shaped boulder.

You rock.

edit on 29/4/14 by Strewth because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/4/14 by Strewth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Strewth

Clearly a picture of my Afro bro.

Seriously though, a rather unorthodox symetrically shaped boulder.

You rock.

Thanks

And I love the Funky too

edit on 29-4-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well, that does appear quite out of the ordinary. Wish we could see more of it, from different angles.

I'll have to agree with your statement that Curiosity (or it's operators) seem quite indifferent to things we here on ATS would consider exciting, or anomalous.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arken
How it was formed this absurd spherical anomaly?

Water erosion? A displaced concretion? Glacial erosion?

There is nothing absurd about spherical rocks. Why are you calling it an anomaly?

edit on 29-4-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

SnF for the intriguing find Arken
if we can just zoom out to see the MARS soccer field

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

There is nothing absurd about spherical rocks. Why are you calling it an anomaly?

Wildespace

Your 'naturally formed spherical rock' (in your picture) has a naturally man-made hole in it on the left hand side………

That rock is not from any thing naturally occurring..

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

A displaced concretion? (...)Why are you calling it an anomaly?

Well, if it's a concretion as you say, it might be proof of fossilization.

Fossils often form rounded masses around them as they transform.

These rounded rock masses called "concretions" can be split with hammers and chisels. At the center is often an interesting
fossil bone.

And even if it's just a "regular" rock, it means that on Mars there REALLY was a lot of water/wind/rain, and that's quite fascinating if you ask me...
edit on 29/4/14 by MadHatter364 because:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK

Wildespace

Your 'naturally formed spherical rock' (in your picture) has a naturally man-made hole in it on the left hand side………

That rock is not from any thing naturally occurring..

Regards

PDUK

Wrong! That rock is one of hundreds that litter Champ Island. All you had to do is follow the link before responding.....DUH!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

An amazing spherical anomaly right in front of the NASA rover called "Curiosity!" (What a strange name for a so indifferent machine...) on Sol 610. How it was formed this Bizarre Sphere? Wind erosion, Water erosion, both, or something else? How it was formed this absurd spherical anomaly? The unique feature of the Sphere, cast many questions. If you were the JPL "puppeteers" of the Rover, would not want to look more closely at such anomaly to understand its characteristics?

How is this rock "bizarre" ? How is it an "anomaly"?

It's a rock that looks round in shape from the point of view of the camera shot.

Why do you think that the fact that it is roughly round (and looking at it, it certainly is not smooth) is a "absurd spherical anomaly"?

Are you saying that there is no way at all that any rock on Mars could have formed this way naturally?

If so, then where is your supporting evidence that there is no way possible for a rock on Mars to attain this shape over the course of 4 billion years?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
If it ain't a rock then maybe?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Anyone seen the movie "Rubber" ? Kinda made me think of that one. Great find Arken! Keep up the good work mate, love your threads.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

Widespace..., with all due respect... you know, hemmm.. I don't know how to tell you... but... you must know... the image I've posted came from.... MARS. Don't you think that this SPHERICAL OBJECT deserve more attention for how really it was formed?
edit on 29-4-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Still waiting for an answer to my questions:

It's a rock that looks round in shape from the point of view of the camera shot.

Why do you think that the fact that it is roughly round (and looking at it, it certainly is not smooth) is a "absurd spherical anomaly"?

Are you saying that there is no way at all that any rock on Mars could have formed this way naturally?

If so, then where is your supporting evidence that there is no way possible for a rock on Mars to attain this shape over the course of 4 billion years?
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Hmmmm... read my two previous posts and change the name wildespace with your.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Hmmmm... read my two previous posts and change the name wildespace with your.

Hmmmmm...seems like your are deflecting....(and discussing other members....against the TCs), and are instead: avoiding my questions.

Once again:

WHY is the fact that a rock has a round shape on Mars "Bizarre", "Absurd", and an "Anomaly"?

WHY do you think it's impossible for this to have happened naturally?

WHERE is your supporting evidence?

Now: will you answer my questions? Or will you continue to deflect, insult and break the TCs?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join