It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could my childhood "bears" be aliens ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

I look forward to hearing what you find after speaking with family qmantoo. I am curious if the sinister feeling you get from these small memories lies in the not knowing.

I myself did not and still do not recall directly the bear from my early childhood. All the stories come from my mothers telling me how much time I would spend talking with this thing. Interestingly I did suffer from chronic earaches when I was very young.

I just spoke to my mother again today about the bear and she said I first started talking to it at the age of three. Up to the age of five or so.

Penny

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Hi qmantoo,

I would like to help you get to the bottom of this. I have a couple of questions first.

You had an ear infection? Did you have a bad fever along with it? You might have to ask your parents to remind you on that one. If you did, how long did the fever last.

And second, have you ever as a child or adult experienced sleep paralysis?

Thanks, qmantoo,

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Hi qmantoo,

I would like to help you get to the bottom of this. I have a couple of questions first.

You had an ear infection? Did you have a bad fever along with it? You might have to ask your parents to remind you on that one. If you did, how long did the fever last.

And second, have you ever as a child or adult experienced sleep paralysis?
Thanks, qmantoo,

Bybyots thanks for the offer.
I didn't have fevers as far as I know. Only the occasional chilhood temperatures and illnesses but nothing stands out around that time. Of course, in those days we all had chickenpox, mumps, etc as natural part of growing up, but I dont think there was anything unusual around that time.

Unfortunately, both my parents have "gone upstairs" (died) and are not available to ask and my sisters will probably not remember much either. As you are living life and being kids, you tend to just get on with it and not take much notice of what is going on around you, so I dont hold out much hope of them knowing any more than I do. What I know was gleaned from what I remember of comments made over the years by my mum while she was still "with it".

Never ever had sleep paralysis, but had out-of-body (OOB) experiences 2x while awake(concious ones) and one the other day while asleep (but still aware it was going on). I firmly believe that we all experience OOB journeys when we sleep although I generally, apart from these 3x, know nothing about it if I do travel OOB.

Actually, I dont believe that sleep paralysis is a natural part of sleep patterns as I have never experienced it and if everyone experienced it as a natural part of the sleep pattern, then I would have done so too. I have to assume that there is nothing unusual about me and that I am as 'normal' as everyone else is. That means that if, as reported, SP is a natural part of sleep behaviour, then I would have experienced it more than once in 57 years of life.

I think that SP is your body preparing for OOB travel and that your mind just needs a bit more time to get in the right state of mind to allow that to happen. Some of the books I have read on astral travel (including Muldoon) say that your body often produces weird crackles and pops and shakings before you manage to get out. Maybe my mind does not need the same preparation for the OOB experience. Thats how I explain it to myself anyway.
:-)
Q

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I think that SP is your body preparing for OOB travel

Thanks for getting back. Based on my own experiences with SP I would have to agree with you, although I would add that my own personal conclusion is that it becomes an "option" at some point during the SP experience. Seems to me that the temporal lobe lability that is the hallmark of SP is sort of like logging on to a "console server" in the sense that multiple "services" are available during the SP state.

The reason I asked about the fever and the SP is because irt sounds like the doctor was basing his diagnosis on you having had experienced some temporal lobe related sleep disturbance due to the proximity of the infection. But it doesn't sound like you had one so I could only think that he was guessing since you were already being treated for some ear thing.

Anyway, good wierd story. Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
In 1988, when I was 2 years old, my family moved from Texas to Teagu, South Korea on assignment with the USDoD. We lived in a nice home off-base that was leased from a banker. The home was modern for the time, concrete on all sides and full of rich, hand-carved wood on the inside.

When I was 2, I was sleeping on the upper bunk in my little brother and I's room. I had a bad dream and when I woke up, I looked at my feet and a small man with an armored helmet was touching my right foot. I flipped out of the bed, hit the ground running with just my socks, slid half way down the stairs, through the entry way of my parents bedroom, and pole-vaulted over my Mom and landed in-between her and my Dad.

I remembered laying there as my Dad woke up slightly and welcomed me to bed, telling me it was just a bad dream. I woke up again, if that makes any sense, and saw the little man hovering over from the end of their bed to my Dad's side. I began to shake my Dad's arm until he awoke and when I looked up, the little man was gone. I never saw him again, but in 26 years I've never forgotten a second of that night.

Unfortunately I have a rather strong chronologic/photographic memory. I swear I could draw the whole story if I took the time to do so. I remember exactly what it/they looked like and they weren't anything I was aware of beforehand. I mean, I was 2 and we had only been in country for a few months at the time.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Yes it was! Thanks Im terrible with names. a reply to: pennylemon

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Were the bears white and had 6 red eyes, two where our's are, and then 4 above? Cuz if that was the case, that would be really interesting because I had a dream where a bear such as this opened up a portal in my dream, and was bringing his young through it, and this was the way they taught them about the universe, they would bring their young along with them to journeys, and they had a good laugh about the status of our world. I had a long conversation with them. Very interesting bears, these beings were. I was just walking a long the beach in my dream, and this weird rip sound appeared, and there was the bears.

-Silver

P.S.-I think you were either imagining it, or perceiving extra dimensional beings , or the ear infection was some sort of bacteria that was eating into your brain.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Your bears were probably Skinwalkers.
Yes skinwalkers are aliens.
No you will not find the answers you seek from the new age movement.

As the new age movement follow a completely different set of entities seperate from the ones you may have encountered.

I would describe them more Akin to Anubis and other such myths of the underworld. Keep in mind that in Egypt.
Anubis, and any of the other gods you see and read about were all from the old and new dynasties.

But these dynasties didn't create the base structures they found there. Which were the pyramids and the Sphinx.
The Sphinx is directly related with these *skinwalkers* if you want to call them that. As they are not limited to just a warewolf or a bear form but also choose the forms of Jet black Big cats such are tigers, lions, panthers and Mixes of Canine and feline features.

Being a shapeshifter, they have no *true* form persay but do have forms similar to their previous form before undergoing tracendance. People wish to demean such things with labelling them with cliche origins such as * living in a parallell universe that somehow is another dimension?*
The thing is, like i said. The new age movement is completely opposite to the direction of the *shadow* side.

these beings have acess to some poltergiestish abilities, But were physical beings from another planet. They arn't exactly from this galaxy and they traveled here a long distance because this galaxy needs a host colony. They lack reproductive organs and even in their shapeshifted forms lack peices of reproductive anatomy as well as other differences which cause them to appear *strange* and unusal when maskarading around as an animal.

They are benevolent, but people just don't understand that to be granted knowledge of the universe and the paranormal is generally a very terrorfying thing. As it prepares us for nearly everything. We become less and less suprised by things the untouched people think are *creepy*.

Now, here is something linking me to you, because i also lost a majority of my dreams.
And when i do dream, its usually signifigant events. I'm never shown a date when these Events will occure but they are always catastrophic in nature. I have seen these beings with witnesses on occasions and have summoned them before.
Part of the social stigma about *consorting with demons* is that people generally cannot fathom nore would want to even believe, That something as black as night can have immense paranormal powers. They have to degrade their image of them with the *multidimensional* labels and other crap just because they cannot cope with the idea of Supreme terror.

And im sorry, But these beings DO troll people simply because of ^. They will troll you to the point where you want to cry out to anything that might drive them away. Then they troll you even further by completely ignoring you and leaving you alone, Then people think that their excorsims/rituals worked lol. Pretty comical.

edit on 30-4-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Do you remember at all what these "bears" looked like? Size, color, anything? Were they solid-looking, as opposed to see-through? Did they make any noise, say anything, or do anything but stand there? How many do you recall seeing at any given time? You state you were afraid, so whatever these were, if not imagination, they weren't friendly.

If you can't remember details easily, perhaps try closing your eyes, and simply imagining your room at that time. Try and recall where things were. Then, imagine yourself in bed, and see if more details come back to you. Writing things down might help as well. It's amazing what we can remember if we try.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

If you can't remember details easily, perhaps try closing your eyes, and simply imagining your room at that time. Try and recall where things were. Then, imagine yourself in bed, and see if more details come back to you. Writing things down might help as well. It's amazing what we can remember if we try.

This is great advice Lady and I was curious myself about the details. In my own situation I can't recall the look of the thing I referred to as my bear. It was not until I was older and saw the thing in the hallway that I just knew that this was what I must have been seeing and obviously interacting with. Unlike the OP however, I felt no sinister intentions from this thing.

Interestingly this did come up in chat once before during a show segment discussing "shadow people". There was another member who experienced a similar dark large being in a doorway. He and I both agreed that this was very different from most shadow person experiences and the look of the thing was not dark black like a shadow but a solid and very dark grey.

Penny

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lost in space

The movie your thinking of is the fourth kind I believe, and I think it was very loosely based on true events. Not to sure but I've also read that it was blown way outta proportion and mostly untrue. Pretty good movie non the less anyway.

Peace

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennylemon
This is great advice Lady and I was curious myself about the details. In my own situation I can't recall the look of the thing I referred to as my bear. It was not until I was older and saw the thing in the hallway that I just knew that this was what I must have been seeing and obviously interacting with. Unlike the OP however, I felt no sinister intentions from this thing.

Interestingly this did come up in chat once before during a show segment discussing "shadow people". There was another member who experienced a similar dark large being in a doorway. He and I both agreed that this was very different from most shadow person experiences and the look of the thing was not dark black like a shadow but a solid and very dark grey.

Penny

Well, being very young, you wouldn't remember as much. The OP was a bit older (I think?), and might recall some details, if some effort is made. It's worth a try, in any case. I tried something similar, just trying to remember the look of some houses we lived in when younger, and that of my grandparents. In my case, I was building replicas in Sims 3. I was surprised how many little details I could recall.

Your "bear" sounds like what we always called "shades". These are mostly shapeless things, usually not seem directly, that might or might not have a bad feel to them. I saw one once, when I was in HS, that was white on color, going down the hallway, and no one at all was awake but me. It didn't feel threatening, but it was disconcerting!

Bears.....it seems odd that it's bears you both recall. I never had any "imaginary" friends or anything as a child, but I did have a real teddy bear, a white one, that, when I was small, I believed protected me. I was convinced that, if someone had come in a window, the bear would have eaten them. No one could have convinced me the bear wasn't alive, and able, though I never saw him change or anything. Years later, I read a horror comic story about a similar bear, and was amazed that someone else had the same idea.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Odd in another post you say you don't believe things that are not real...but then you type this.
LOL so you beleiev #e like this but when 97% of scientists show you something...lol just lol.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Something I believed as a very small child isn't the same as something I believe as an adult. Are you truly unable to see the difference, or are you just here to kibitz?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Your "bear" sounds like what we always called "shades". These are mostly shapeless things, usually not seem directly, that might or might not have a bad feel to them. I saw one once, when I was in HS, that was white on color, going down the hallway, and no one at all was awake but me. It didn't feel threatening, but it was disconcerting!

Bears.....it seems odd that it's bears you both recall. I never had any "imaginary" friends or anything as a child, but I did have a real teddy bear, a white one, that, when I was small, I believed protected me. I was convinced that, if someone had come in a window, the bear would have eaten them. No one could have convinced me the bear wasn't alive, and able, though I never saw him change or anything. Years later, I read a horror comic story about a similar bear, and was amazed that someone else had the same idea.

Interestingly the other member who I was speaking to in chat also experienced this "being" in a hallway. He and I were speaking to the differences between what people seem to be describing as "shadow people" and the solid nature of what he and I saw. It was absolutely solid seeming with distinct shoulders, head and legs. No facial features or details like clothing were visible.

I'm trying not to hijack the thread but until the op returns I'll go ahead and attempt to clarify my own experiences. I was not the kind of child who's play was primarily imagined personalities for inanimate objects. I was not inclined to play with stuffed animals or action figures and dolls. My mother was fascinated by the lack of "play" when it came to most things but especially the thing I called "my bear". I would not have tea parties or things like that, I would just sit and talk. It also never came with me outside of certain parts of the house I grew up in.

I don't generally share these experiences because they are obviously unprovable from a scientific viewpoint but when I saw the word bear I was interested obviously. I did insist that it had a name, which my mom can't recall specifically, but strangely it was what seemed to her to be French sounding or French Canadian. She does recall that it began with a Q.

Penny

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Odd in another post you say you don't believe things that are not real...but then you type this.
LOL so you beleiev #e like this but when 97% of scientists show you something...lol just lol.

By ^*%e like this, are you referring to my experiences ? Or do you consider any experience of this sort to be rubbish ?

Penny

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I have no problem about discussing other things on this thread as I dont think I will ever find the answer about these 'bears' although I probably believe now that they were something real and not nightmares. It seems to me that beings from other dimensions can alter our thoughts and appear to be something else whether that is to stop us being afraid or to trick us into believing that they are benevolent - which most of the time they do not appar to have our best interests at heart. Otherwise why bother to make themselves appear different? Abductions if done by the 'good guys' would be with our approval and for our benefit.

I will try and remember what I can but I do not remember much of that time period in my life.

If these were linked to abductions for me, then I have had no other episodes along the way and so I do not think they were. From what I read, early abductions often continue with contact throughout life in various ways and I have had nothing like this - that I can remember. Unless of course I am blanking it out along with my dreams. It does not feel that way though as I am happy with the way things are going for me.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pennylemon

Interesting stuff, to be certain.

What I saw was one night, when the rest of the house was asleep. I always have been a real night owl. The house layout is important, to understand how I could know this wasn't a family member. The living room was on the left end, with the three "kid" bedrooms along the front, backed by a hallway. Behind that, adjacent to the LR, was the kitchen. My bedroom was the first on the hall, with the doorway between the living room and the hallway entrance to the kitchen, which could also be entered from the living room. Well, the white whatever-it-was went past my open door, from the bedroom area toward the living room. I had a weird impression that it was my mom or sister, as opposed to my dad or brother, but I have no idea why. I immediately jumped up and went the other way down the hall to see who was awake. Every single family member was in bed. There is no way anyone could have gone past the door, and circled through the kitchen back to a bedroom before I got up and looked. The distance was too far. All doors were secured as well, and windows. So, whatever it was, it wasn't a family member.

Your solid bears (you and the OP) sound very different-sounding, then, with a more certain shape. With you, it sounds more like the "imaginary friend" stories, which could easily be something real, but the OP was scared by the "bears" seen. I wonder if they are the same thing, and some are more afraid than others, for whatever reason. The whole idea of a child having a "friend" no one else can see has always been a bit creepy to me, though. How did/does your mother react to it?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

i have always been a night owl as well. That is until I had a daughter who was up with the sun but that's a story for a different thread.

What an interesting story and what strikes me about it is the layout of your house and the route that connects kitchen hallway to bedroom doors and living area. The house I grew up in was very similar and I have often thought that the structure led to the activity there.

My grandmother bought the house when she married her first husband at 17. It was the first house built in an area that later became built up with houses in the same style. She gave birth and raised both my mother and my aunt there. When she met and married her second husband the house became my mothers and she then had myself and my sister there. When my mother moved out my sister and I stayed and I had and raised my own daughter there. When my mother was a teen she had many experiences of her own and the areas of activity became well understood over the years. No activity of any kind was ever had in the front half of the house or in either of the bedrooms. The kitchen was to the left and in the back of the kitchen was a door to the right into a room my grandma called the den. The door to the hallway was on the right and from there you could head back into the living area. As a matter of fact, my sis and I used to open all the connecting doors and use the route as a sort of roller rink.

This center room, the den, was where I used to have my conversations with "my bear". My mother was interested because as I said before I was not prone to play that way and this is the only time I had an unseen friend. The other thing was that play per se was never a part of the experience, I would listen and then respond, it seemed to my mom to be purely conversation. This bear never seemed to leave this room and hallway. I've been asking my mother about this this in the last few days and she said these conversations went on for two or three years. I wish I could remember specifically what these conversations were like but I have no recollection at all.

As a teen, when I saw the thing in the hallway I had not spoken to or thought of the bear in years. In retrospect, I wish I had attempted to speak to it. I was so shocked I just sat there. Thinking about it many times over the years I get the impression of masculinity and sadness maybe but not fear at all.

I'd like to add here and it might sound silly but it has always reminded me of the song Puff the Magic Dragon. I've heard other "coded" explanations for what this song is about but it has always had a different meaning for me and it always makes me weepy.

The activity in this house did continue pretty much constantly until I moved to another part of the state when my own daughter was 4. Up until then anyone who came to the house had some experience or another but never this bear. I wonder if certain houses have amplified the possibilities of these encounters just by their layout and design.

Penny

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

edit on 15-5-2014 by pennylemon because: mutiple posts

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join