It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sneaky lie that left 750,000 Floridians without health coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

It was more of a sneaky lie. The kind of lie that sounds sincere when it's told, and doesn't register as the most dangerous of deceits until it is too late.

In short, your state leaders lied when they told you they would come up with an alternative to Medicaid expansion.

So state lawmakers in Florida suggested they would use the federal money to create a private alternative to the Medicaid expansion that the PPACA mandated.

They're about to run out of time on the 100% paid for part of that. According to the article they've made no attempt to come up with an alternative. They've shown no intention of expanding access to 750,000 Floridians.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I also ran into a problem in Arizona. The Obamacare website told me that I qualified for Arizona's version of Medicaid. The problem is I have already applied three times and been turned down three times. I am told that single men without dependent children cannot get Medicaid in Arizona. So I am in limbo, the Obamacare website will not present me with any plans to choose from because it tells me I can apply for Medicaid in Arizona and Arizona Medicaid turns me down every time I apply.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The Tampa Bay Times didn't refer to any proposals.

But this one apparently was discussed....

(from April 2013) Florida's Innovative, Consumer-Driven Replacement for Obamacare's Medicaid Expansion

What happened to this one ?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This tells e that Obamacare had no provisions for covering the poor.
Just who did they (the architects of Obamacare) think were uninsured, rich people?

reply to: links234

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
notice how the states that actually tried to work with the aca are doing swimmingly, yet the ones that oppose obama (republican lead) at every turn are the ones crying about how obamacare doesnt work?

florida is the worst tho.

we voted for fair districts, still hasnt happened. it was actually taken to court by the legislatures to have it overturned.
we voted for light rail, still hasnt happened.
we have one of the most corrupt govs of any state, with a gov that bilked medicare/aid out of 300 mill.
yet the majority of our voters are old people that still swallow the republican line.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

Prior to Obamacare, how were the 750,000 covered?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: stormson

Prior to Obamacare, how were the 750,000 covered?

Yes, there is an obvious cause and effect here.

The cause is the ACA.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm in Fl, we had insurance through my SO's workplace. I checked into the ACA and we were eligible for the Medicaid bit, only FL never expanded it. The insurance plan we had disappeared and we went with another one still through his work.

SM2

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Thalestris

I also live in FL. As far as I can remember, the expansion of medicaid was some fuzzy math. The feds would cover 70-80% of the cost for the first 3 years, then the states are on their own with the costs of the expansion. So several states opted to not do it, because they could not afford it. Otherwise it would be like California going broke and trying to file bankruptcy. This is why the courts ruled in favor of the states on this regard, the cost was way too high to the states with no offset which made it illegal for the feds to force it. I know this is an over simplification, but it gets the point of the matter.

So, while I sympathize with the people who are in this situation, or people like me that had their premiums rise, I would be remiss to not remind you, that you supported this, you asked for this, you fought for this, and the rest of us told you this would happen, but we were all racists and dont care about people, and want to push grandma off a cliff and other such nonsense. So hey, you got what you wanted. Now it's time to lie down in the bed you made.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SM2

The trillion plus that Obama is costing us didn't count all of the money that they expected the states to cover.

SM2

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

corrects, and the numbers of people "signing up on healthcare.gov" include these people that are directed to the state medicaid offices for denial. This whole thing is one big steaming pile of bs.

top topics

join