It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Size perception, is there a limit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Dont know if this is the right forum but none seem to fit.
Just a thought i had about the size of things.

Our body is made up of cells, trillions perhaps, so something small enuff to live between those cells, or in a cell, ,might see "space" as we do. that space would be made up of my cells, much the same as the "space" i see is made up of suns and planets etc. this being would see an "infinite" universe and have no concept of me as a whole. im too big.

Now go large.
Imagine the known universe we see through Hubble etc is infact just the smallest part of a single cell of a larger being. That being lives on a world like ours (another earth if you like) To it we dont exist, too small to perceive.
This being looks up into his sky and sees an infinite universe, which inturn is infact the cells of an infinatly larger being, who lives on another Earth.
He dosent perceive the last, too small. He looks up into his sky and sees an infinite universe......and so on. (feel small yet?)

Now go small.
Inside the nuclei of one of my cells is a small earth. On this small earth lives a small being. I dont perceive it, too small. Inside the small beings body, inside a single cell, inside the cells nuclei, is a small earth. On that small earth is a being......ad infinitum.

Hows that for scope? mindblowing isnt it. WE are both Gods and nothing!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Nothing we know of is smaller than an atom, so we can't truely answer your question!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I have read a story-book , just simsilar to ur idea. cant say possible or not.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Intresting Logic there Instar.

Ive thought about it before and the first time I thought about it, it scared me a bit. Any way I found this link a while back you might want to check it out.

(Caution! if your useing netscape it wont work. It will shut down your browser)
www.molecularexpressions.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
hes one old man if your right hehe...

your thinking reminds me of MiB2...where we're(humans) inside a locker at the air port of another world....

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thanks Nexus and Swastika, Its really just a thought i had, not intentionally a question as such. I cant think of any reason it may not be so, or any reason there could be limit. Just something I had never thought of in that way before. Instead of "is there life out there" , "out there is life"!
And if you perceive "out" why not "in". If you buy the parrallele earth theory, why not....(what will I call this?......) "The russian doll effect"

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
Intresting Logic there Instar.

Ive thought about it before and the first time I thought about it, it scared me a bit. Any way I found this link a while back you might want to check it out.

(Caution! if your useing netscape it wont work. It will shut down your browser)
www.molecularexpressions.com...

Awesome link Mizar, cool stuff. what a fantastic gif too. Who knows whats beyond the quark?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
Nothing we know of is smaller than an atom, so we can't truely answer your question!

Then whats the Sub-Atomic then if nothing can be smaller than an atom

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I dunno LOL..........

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus

What about the parts that make up an atom, like electrons, protons, and neutrons? Or the things smaller than those, like quarks and such?

And here's a thread from not too long ago that you may find interesting: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thanks CMD, good thread. perhaps planets/suns are considered diff only because we cant study the makeup of a quark in the same scale. Perhaps a quark is a universe inits own. Sure we cant test the theory, but just because you cant test something dosent mean it isnt possible. They couldnt "test" weather the earth was round once either. It would account for infinite dimensions. An interdimensional traveller may, due to the laws of physics, conform to to scale. Ie Scale appears the same in any dimension. A 6ft man here, may be a 6ft man in a "sub atomic" dimension aswell, since our scale is beyong perception, and vice versa. Does that make sense. Example, in the kids show on tv "The land of the giants", both the human's and the giants perception of themselves was "normal", each thought the other the wrong size.
Imagine if we could travel up or down scale, what might we find? Is a second of our time a million years to someone else? Or a billion years to us a breif moment to another? Dont ya love the power of imagination!

X Thread thought !!!!!!!................(diff between human and animals thread).....................IT"S IMAGINATION !!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
quarks are sub-atomic. Do a google on em

I had thought about this the other day also...

If anyone has ever taken or learned a little about quantum physics or chemistry you know about the uncertainty principle. Well...take your larger scale (the universe) and think about the earth being an electron. To some scale or person the earth's placement would have an uncertainty? Quantum physics gets makes me stupified X (

top topics

join