It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Seen This Before

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied
If I am understanding you correctly it has to do with two things:
1) the higher the object, the longer the shadow it casts.
2) The lower the sun to the horizon the longer the shadow it casts.
So if the sun was in the middle of your windshield, it was somewhat low in the sky. If it had been noon it would have been above your windshield, above the car roof. Also if the aircraft is 100 feet above what its casting its shadow on its going to be a LOT shorter then if its 20K feet above it. Under the correct circumstances it will cast a shadow over the visible horizon.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Due to the fact that we saw a visible trail,but couldn't clearly see the plane making it,I will assume your theory is correct. Odd question still remains why I have not seen this before in many years of actively watching the skies? Is it a rare thing,or ? Perhaps just a right place,right time,right conditions.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Just a thank you for all the replies. I don't keep up to speed on the science behind chemtrails/ contrails even though I find it fascinating to see. It's good there is enough members here with knowledge to share. Thanks everyone.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I believe that for you to see it, it has to have something to “project” on, so there has to be a very thin layer of atmospheric ice or mist. That is somewhat rare by itself, which is why you don't see many halo's around the sun or moon, or things like “sundogs”. Then you have to have the sun and an aircraft in the correct position. So, yeah, I would assume that its pretty rare. The closest I’ve personally seen was the shuttle launch that generated one at dusk:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Due to the fact that we saw a visible trail,but couldn't clearly see the plane making it,I will assume your theory is correct. Odd question still remains why I have not seen this before in many years of actively watching the skies? Is it a rare thing,or ? Perhaps just a right place,right time,right conditions.

Here you go maybe this will help...

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Is it a rare thing,or ? Perhaps just a right place,right time,right conditions.

I have only seen one, and oddly enough it was just after I saw a thread here about the phenomenon.
So either my timing was perfect, or I just started looking for that, having never seen it before. But after the explanation was given, there is no other way to describe it other than a shadow from the contrail.
(unless physics is all crap and we can project the absence of light)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I actually see them quite often, but then I'm outside 24/7.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yea, I'm not sure if I just didn't pay any attention, or just got real lucky. But it was literally within a week of reading a thread on it that I saw it. //cue scary music//

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I've seen chemtrails that end up created huge dark black masses of cloud-like substances that aren't clouds.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk
I've seen chemtrails that end up created huge dark black masses of cloud-like substances that aren't clouds.

Out of curiosity, what were they if not clouds?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

And how did you know that they were "chemtrails" and not just regular vortices coming off of the plane?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

That is odd. I can not speak to much on chem trails and what not.
However there was a very good report that Colbert did with David Keith. Have you seen it?
It might shed some light on this for you.
Colbert's Report that I found very enlightening.

A little late to the party here, but thought I would add that link for you.
Just in case you have not seen it yet. Here is more.
Geoengineer David Keith Using Aluminum, Over 10 Megatons Per year, instead of Sulfur

0-20 megatons of Aluminum a year without any testing of what that will do? Hey David KEITH….Alzheimer’s disease and osteoporosis. Colic, rickets, gastrointestinal problems, interference with the metabolism of calcium, extreme nervousness, anemia, headaches, decreased liver and kidney function, memory loss, speech problems, softening of the bones, and aching muscles can all be caused by aluminum toxicity. This disturbing report dovetails not so nicely with those pointing the scientific finger at increased stratsopheric geoengineering experimentation with aluminum already going on. USDA Scientist challenges David Keith’s LACK of understanding of aluminum to be used in geoengineering with his research linking increased aluminum and it’s affect on soil PH (killing the forest!) in northern California…after years of aluminum fallout following obvious SRM testing (illegal of course).

edit on 22914121185 by zysin5 because: Edit1

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5
Yes it has been posted on here many times - try a search.

It is his idea of what MIGHT be done, and it's from a few years ago now and nothing much seems to have come of it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

where did you see this? UK,Us, southern, northern,
etc...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmikeS

where did you see this? UK,Us, southern, northern,
etc...

Nova Scotia, Canada.
Even though we live under a direct flight path, only time I ever saw this. I have accepted the theory that it was a shadow cast by the angle of the sun at the time.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've seen the same trails around here(Biloxi/Gulfport) but not very often. its so hot outside, at this point I would welcome any chemtrails, or contrails.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join